A battery with a phone built in
With an improved battery swapping system, the LG G5 isn't a bad phone, per se. But various other features probably looked better in the R&D lab than they do in real life.
Can LG and Google recapture the magic of the hugely successful Nexus 5?
A trifecta of emerging technologies, all at a price that challenges lesser rivals
Battery power, a tripod mount, HDMI, and USB, make for a great stand-alone viewing experience
lg in pictures
Upcoming LG smart televisions in 2015 will run webOS 2.0, its second generation smart television platform. The operating system works easily with companion devices, including smartphones, tablets and PCs, has an ecosystem of apps and can be used to surf the world wide web. Here are its newest and its best features.
The biggest smartphone companies in the world flocked to Barcelona for the 2015 Mobile World Congress. More than 90,000 people walked through MWC's many halls to experience the next-generation of technology products, ranging from Samsung's Galaxy S6 Edge to cars controlled from smartphones.
With Apple expected to launch an iWatch in October, other vendors including Samsung, LG and Motorola, are getting a headstart with smartwatches in varied shapes and colors.
We go hands-on with the LG Optimus F5, a budget smartphone with 4G connectivity. It's one of the first 4G devices to be sold on prepaid, and the first 4G prepaid smartphone sold in Australia by Optus.
Smartwatches in general are waning as a must-have, which is giving companies pause about again refreshing their lineup before the holiday season.
The V20 is the first smartphone to ship with Android 7.0 Nougat, and comes loaded with multimedia features, and an entirely new battery-swap scheme.
LG's trio of huge new ultrawide displays are brimming with features like FreeSync, USB-C, and Google Cast support—though you can't get all the goodies in a single monitor.
The phone promises 'concert-like audio', though the challenge will be getting buyers to care in a crowded smartphone market.
The follow-up to the V10 will include the same dual-screen and camera features that made the original such an unusual smartphone.
Android watches can't do nearly as much as an Apple Watch (with iOS), but there are upsides.
We took four phones with the best cameras available into the studio to figure out which one delivers the best image quality.
You can pay an exorbitant amount for a phone. But the top-end iPhones and Samsungs really don’t do much that half-priced alternatives can’t match. In some instances the cheaper options are actually better! We’ve reviewed most of the market lately and...
Flat screen: 55-inches Curved screen: 65-inches
Shops, salespeople and marketing people all have their tricks for making you buy a certain TV. LG, for example, has recently been displaying its OLED TVs side-by-side to competitors in order to show off its fantastic contrast and True Black perform...
These two flagships share a similar feature, but usability and battery life vary.
Videos about lg
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 2 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 3 Parrot Mambo Drone review
- 4 Evapolar USB air conditioner review
- 5 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Best Travel SIMs for Japan
- AMD drops Radeon RX 460, RX 470 prices ahead of Nvidia's GeForce GTX 1050 launch
- AT&T will acquire Time Warner for US$85.4b in content play
- Gallipoli is now an amazing video game
- iPads and Apple TV aimed at transforming patient care
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- TV buying guide: What to look for when buying a TV in 2016
- Best iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus plans: Optus vs Telstra vs Vodafone vs Virgin
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- CCPOS EngineerNSW
- CCResident Operation Support Engineer (Renewable Contract)Asia
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- CCApplication Support DeveloperVIC
- CCJunior Programmer (Application Dev. & Mgt.) 161017/JP/221Asia
- CC.Net Sitecore DeveloperVIC
- FTSolution Delivery ManagerVIC
- CCTechnology Training ManagerNSW
- CCContract Senior Systems Analyst (Oracle/SSADM) 161027/SSA/634Asia
- FTProduct ManagerVIC
- CCSenior Systems Engineer - Canberra roleNSW
- CCInfrastructure & Security Solution ArchitectVIC
- FTData Governance Project Manager | 6 month ContractNSW
- CCNetwork AdministratorVIC
- FTSenior .Net Software EngineerVIC
- FTCustomer Solutions Engineer | Voice | Data | TelcoNSW
- CCSenior Java Developer-Java SE 8, HTTP APIs, Protocol BuffersNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (HTML/JAVA/J2EE) 161025/AP/862Asia
- FTLevel 2 Application SupportVIC
- CCSenior Web DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior Full Stack Java DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior Siebel AnalystACT