LG Optimus Black review: The standout feature of the Optimus Black is what LG calls a 'NOVA' display
LG Optimus Black
LG has today confirmed that three of its current Android phones -- the Optimus 2X, the Optimus Black, and the Optimus 3D -- will be upgraded to the latest 4.0 "Ice Cream Sandwich" version of Google's Android operating system in the near future.
LG has announced that its latest Android smartphone -- the Optimus Black -- will be available in Australia through all three major carriers: Telstra, Optus, and Vodafone.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 2 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 3 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 4 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
- 5 Microsoft Lumia 640 review: Honouring Nokia's legacy
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Seagate 8TB NAS drive: Review
- Seagate ST1000LX001 review
- Report: Microsoft could debut Xbox One game streaming stick and 'Xbox TV' at E3
- This sticker can wirelessly charge your smartphone or tablet
- Microsoft breaks own design rules in dupe-the-user Windows 10 upgrade tactic
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTTester/Business AnalystWA
- CCDeployment Engineer / IT AuditorQLD
- FTManaging Security ConsultantQLD
- CCSystems Analyst (HTML/JAVA/Wireless & Mobile) 160525/SA/443Asia
- FTPerformance Test AnalystNSW
- FTStorage SpecialistVIC
- CCSAP Hanna ConsultantNSW
- CCMultiple Oracle Fusion SOA/BPEL Developer OpportunitiesVIC
- CCFront end and Full Stack DevelopersNSW
- CCIT Technical WriterACT
- CCSenior Business AnalystNSW
- CC12 months + 2x12 months | $80/hr | NV1 Project Manager | Large govt departmentACT
- CCProject Manager / Delivery Manager - TelcoNSW
- CCSenior iOS DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior Process AnalystVIC
- CCBusiness Analyst, LifeNSW
- CCSystem Engineer - Server Migration experienceNSW
- FTSecurity Software EngineerACT
- FTSenior Network Engineer - Technical LeadACT
- CCProject Manager/Iteration ManagerVIC
- CCApplication System EngineerACT
- CCICT Contracts and Procurement SpecialistACT
- FTStibo PIM Consultant - Permanent OpportunityNSW
- FTNetwork SpecialistVIC
- CCProject SpecialistVIC