LG Electronics more that doubled its sales of smartphones in the first quarter, which was the first time smartphones outsold feature phones, according to market research company IDC.
Here are a few of the Windows products we noticed while wandering around Barcelona this week
This year's MWC may have been lacking in high-end smartphone launches, but the "W" stands for "world" and lower-cost models shown this week are needed to open up the mobile-phone market to more people globally.
Products from several smartphone vendors and processors from the likes of Nvidia are helping drive down the cost of LTE-enabled devices.
Analysts today were skeptical that Mozilla's push into mobile with Firefox OS would meaningfully change the game.
Hewlett-Packard has sold some of the rights to its webOS mobile operating system to LG Electronics for use in smart television sets made by the South Korean electronics firm.
LG Electronics has launched the Optimus F5 and Optimus F7 smartphones, which will bring LTE to a "mass audience."
LG Electronics revealed its new Optimus G Pro on Monday, marketing it as a direct challenge to Samsung Electronics' successful Galaxy Note 2.
Nokia and LG Electronics have both launched new phones that can handle two SIM cards, as they aim to attract more buyers in developing countries.
Apple managed to outsell Samsung Electronics by almost one million units to become the number one mobile phone vendor in the U.S. for the first time ever during the fourth quarter, according to Strategy Analytics.
With the latest generation of high-end smartphones sporting power-hungry 5-inch screens, a growing number of phone vendors are emphasizing bigger batteries rather than thinner devices.
Apple, Research in Motion (RIM) and Motorola Mobility are among 15 companies sued in the U.S. over a fundamental 3G and 4G patent on determining when devices should switch cells in a mobile network.
Panasonic has joined the Smart TV Alliance, a project started by LG last year to create a common platform for developing connected TV applications.
LG Electronics will begin accepting pre-orders for its 55-inch OLED TV in South Korea this month with deliveries scheduled to begin in February.
LG Electronics is hoping to make its smart TVs more attractive by making it easier to share and find content, while Samsung Electronics is only hinting at what its plans are for 2013.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Nokia Lumia 830 review: Punching above its weight
- 2 BlackBerry Passport review: A smartphone going nowhere
- 3 Sony Xperia Z3 Compact review: A flagship at 4.6-inches
- 4 Microsoft Surface Pro 3 Windows 8.1 tablet
- 5 Samsung Galaxy Tab S (10.5) 4G review
Best Deals on GoodGearGuide
Latest News Articles
- Wi-Fi Passpoint standard now knits together SF, San Jose, London
- Big Data Digest: Rise of the think-bots
- FCC pushes TV spectrum auction to 2016 after legal challenge
- Apple mum as Mac owners tussle with Yosemite over Wi-Fi problems
- Apple Pay tops Tim Cook's to-do list in China
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTTechnical Marketing ManagerNSW
- FTDigital Account ExecutiveNSW
- FTBusiness development manager - retargettingNSW
- FTAccount ExecutiveNSW
- FTDigital PR SpecialistNSW
- FTBusiness ManagerNSW
- FTPartner Marketing Communications Manager - Leading Global Tech BrandNSW
- CCConsumer Product Marketing ManagerNSW
- FTMarketing Communications Operations Manager - Global Tech Market leaderNSW