Staff cuts at Lenovo and HTC, a failed patch from Google, and Samsung's latest flagship smartphones all highlight how tricky selling Android smartphones has become.
LG Electronics is joining the high-quality audio delivery business with the launch of a service that can be used with premium smartphones.
Many smart phone manufacturers preload remote support tools on their Android devices in an insecure way, providing a method for hackers to take control of the devices through rogue apps or even SMS messages.
The FCC's radiation standards for your smartphone date back to the 1990s. But that's OK. You use a belt clip, don't you?
Too many Android phones are running old software with security flaws, according to Dutch consumer association Consumentenbond, which wants manufacturers to update their phones' software more often, and for longer.
This week the G4 smartphone from LG Electronics starts shipping outside its home country, with arrivals in the U.S. and Europe expected in a couple of weeks. While the smartphone has a great screen and camera, it doesn't get everything right.
A year is a long time in smartphone technology today, so remember if you can the changes that have taken place over the last decade.
The LG Optimus G Pro runs like a sports car engine in the body of a family minivan--an unassuming aesthetic mixed with luxury performance. Provided you can fit it in your hand, this quick, flashy giant might very well be the phone for you.
One of the most buzzed about phones here at Mobile World Congress is LG's Optimus 3D, the first phone to use 3D display technology. Like the Optimus Black and the Optimus 2X, which we saw at Mobile World Congress, the Optimus 3D is powered by a dual-...
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 3 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 4 Panasonic Viera DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review
- 5 Parrot Mambo Drone review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Intel may use AMD GPUs to challenge Nvidia's rising power
- Creative Live! Cam Sync HD review: Crummy video tanks this HD webcam
- Microsoft LifeCam HD-3000 review: An HD webcam for the cost-conscious
- Microsoft LifeCam Studio review: A hi-def webcam for business or pleasure
- Logitech C615 HD review: This camera hits the sweet spot between features and price
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- CCProject ManagerNSW
- TPProject Coordinator. Business Process Improvement ProgramNSW
- CCDesktop Support EngineerNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst- RFQ, Test Manager- Government backgroundNSW
- CCSenior Test EngineerACT
- CCService Desk ConsultantNSW
- FTMarketing Automation DeveloperVIC
- FTIT Systems AnalystVIC
- CCService Desk/Helpdesk ConsultantNSW
- CCField Engineer - Hardware DecommissionNSW
- CCJAVA Developer- XML, SOAP, GIS, Web services, SPRINGNSW
- CCIngres DeveloperVIC
- FTCampaign AnalystVIC
- FTSecurity ConsultantQLD
- CCNetwork EngineerNSW
- CCCyber Security Analyst - TelcoVIC
- CCWindows Systems Engineer - AD, VMware, RedHat experienceNSW
- CCProject CoordinatorNSW
- CCApplication Blueprinting Engineer ( Developer).VIC
- CCInfrastructure Project ManagerNSW
- TPSQL/BI DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior Automation TesterNSW
- CCJava Developer - Baseline Clearance requiredVIC
- CCTechnical Solutions Architect -Cloud /Work Location - CanberraNSW
- TPChange ManagerQLD