Lenovo will refund US$100 or issue a $250 voucher to owners of the IdeaPad U310 and U410 laptops to settle a class-action lawsuit alleging design defects in the computers.
With Lenovo expected to close its IBM x86 server business acquisition by year end, a glimpse at the combined server product line has emerged.
Chasing data-center trends, top server makers have made storage and memory capacity a priority in their new servers.
Intel has designed its latest server chips to provide the building blocks to modernize "legacy data centers" by providing more processing cores, throughput and power-saving features.
Lenovo is slimming down its new ThinkPad Helix 2 tablet/laptop and extending the battery life of this hybrid device, which is one of the first detachable tablets with Intel's new Core M processor.
Lenovo will ship a 64-bit Android smartphone, the Vibe Z2, later this month in China, rolling it out to other regions in October.
Lenovo wants to pack better features in low-cost Android tablets with the Tab S8 tablet, which will start selling this month for US$199.
A labor protection group is accusing one of Samsung's suppliers in China of hiring over 10 underage workers to build company components. But the Korean electronics giant was quick to dismiss the allegations, and said it had no "child workers" at the ...
Server sales have picked up after a long slow spell and are likely to stay buoyant well into 2015 and beyond, according to IDC.
One more big phone maker has given up on Windows Phone. Huawei, the world's third-largest smartphone maker says that it will no longer release Windows Phone devices because it simply can't make any money on it. Where else can Microsoft turn?
Microsoft is helping hardware makers build low-priced Windows PCs to combat Chromebooks and the early results of that effort are hitting the market.
Using a tablet to make a phone call may sound unorthodox. But in Asia's emerging markets, vendors are increasingly shipping 7-inch tablets with voice call functions, according to research firm IDC.
Lenovo's planned acquisition of IBM's x86 server business for US$2.3 billion has cleared a major U.S. regulatory hurdle, paving the way for the deal to close by the end of the year.
Lenovo's growing presence in PCs and smartphones helped the company's net profit grow 23 percent in the second quarter.
In China's booming smartphone market, it are not foreign companies but domestic brands such as Lenovo and Xiaomi that are dominating, according to analysts
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 2 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 3 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 4 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
- 5 Microsoft Lumia 640 review: Honouring Nokia's legacy
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- 10 things you need to know about Intel's crazy 10-core Broadwell-E CPU
- Ballistix demonstrates first NVMe drive performance at Computex
- Computex: SSD makers who don't make U.2 SSDs say U.2 is 'dead on arrival' but motherboard maker shows otherwise
- 100 illuminated Intel drones to perform at Vivid Sydney
- Intel beefs up VR ammo with Extreme Edition Core i7 chips
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCBusiness Analyst, ReportingNSW
- FTSenior Developer (Full stack)SA
- FTInfrastructure Specialist - Sec Ops Network & OSAsia
- CCChange manager/Change LeadNSW
- CCSoftware Licensing AnalystVIC
- CCProjects Resource/ Workforce ManagerVIC
- CCProgram Communications SpecialistVIC
- CCSenior Process AnalystVIC
- CCSenior Automation & Performance EngineerVIC
- CCService Desk ConsultantACT
- CCTechnology Team Lead / Senior Developer - JavaNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst, AdviceNSW
- FTOPEN_ASAP_Network Security AdministratorACT
- CCSenior BA - Enterprise DataNSW
- CCInteractional Designer-Adobe Creative Cloud, SketchNSW
- CCOracle Application Administrator - July startACT
- CCApplication System EngineerACT
- CCSnr Technical System Engineer (IBM/Oracle/SQL) 160524/STSE/vmtAsia
- FTWeb DeveloperSA
- FTMid-Level Full-Stack Java DeveloperVIC
- CCSenior Business Analyst - Integration Solution ManagementVIC
- FTScrum MasterVIC
- CCMS SCOM AdministratorVIC
- CCSQL DeveloperNSW
- CCBig Data DeveloperWA