Nine months after it was first announced, Lenovo's acquisition of IBM's x86 server business is headed towards closing.
Lenovo will refund US$100 or issue a $250 voucher to owners of the IdeaPad U310 and U410 laptops to settle a class-action lawsuit alleging design defects in the computers.
With Lenovo expected to close its IBM x86 server business acquisition by year end, a glimpse at the combined server product line has emerged.
Chasing data-center trends, top server makers have made storage and memory capacity a priority in their new servers.
Intel has designed its latest server chips to provide the building blocks to modernize "legacy data centers" by providing more processing cores, throughput and power-saving features.
Lenovo is slimming down its new ThinkPad Helix 2 tablet/laptop and extending the battery life of this hybrid device, which is one of the first detachable tablets with Intel's new Core M processor.
Lenovo will ship a 64-bit Android smartphone, the Vibe Z2, later this month in China, rolling it out to other regions in October.
Lenovo wants to pack better features in low-cost Android tablets with the Tab S8 tablet, which will start selling this month for US$199.
A labor protection group is accusing one of Samsung's suppliers in China of hiring over 10 underage workers to build company components. But the Korean electronics giant was quick to dismiss the allegations, and said it had no "child workers" at the ...
Server sales have picked up after a long slow spell and are likely to stay buoyant well into 2015 and beyond, according to IDC.
One more big phone maker has given up on Windows Phone. Huawei, the world's third-largest smartphone maker says that it will no longer release Windows Phone devices because it simply can't make any money on it. Where else can Microsoft turn?
Microsoft is helping hardware makers build low-priced Windows PCs to combat Chromebooks and the early results of that effort are hitting the market.
Using a tablet to make a phone call may sound unorthodox. But in Asia's emerging markets, vendors are increasingly shipping 7-inch tablets with voice call functions, according to research firm IDC.
Lenovo's planned acquisition of IBM's x86 server business for US$2.3 billion has cleared a major U.S. regulatory hurdle, paving the way for the deal to close by the end of the year.
Lenovo's growing presence in PCs and smartphones helped the company's net profit grow 23 percent in the second quarter.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost review
- 2 Synology DS216+ Review
- 3 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 4 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 5 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Should Netflix refund its geoblocked customers for their inconvenience?
- Windows 10's big Anniversary Update will hit phones the same time as PCs
- Hands-on with Pokémon Go: Catch 'em all by exploring the real world
- The Assembly hands-on: The future of VR is adventure games
- EC Technology Foldable Bluetooth Keyboard review: This Jorno clone can save you a few bucks
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCAgile Business AnalystNSW
- CCICT PreSales SpecialistVIC
- CCSenior IT Automated TesterNSW
- CCTechnical Writer | Experimental military technology | NV1ACT
- CCBusiness Analyst - TravelNSW
- CCMaster Scheduler - IT Infrastructure ProgramsNSW
- CCIntegration ArchitectNSW
- CCOffice 365 Project ManagerNSW
- CCProgram Controls ManagerACT
- FTTIBCO Technical LeadNSW
- CCOracle iLearning Business AnalystNSW
- CCScrum MasterNSW
- FTInformation Security ConsultantACT
- FTNV2 Defence Project Manager | Canberra | Major exciting White Paper projectsACT
- CCUser Experience AnalystACT
- FTIT Senior Business Analyst (12M)NSW
- CCSenior Project Delivery ManagerACT
- CCSales Specialist - DigitalNSW
- CCImplementation Manager (Digital Signs)QLD
- CCIT Business AnalystNSW
- FTJunior Web DeveloperSA
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/ SQL/Web) 160708/AP/352Asia
- CCLinux Systems AdministratorVIC
- FTProject Manager - Insurance experience neededNSW
- FTTechnical Business Analyst (Integration background)NSW