FCC votes in new U.S. net neutrality rules
Aggressive adware applications that break the trust between HTTPS (HTTP Secure) websites and users have been at the center of controversy lately. But over the past week, HTTPS interception flaws of varying severity were also found in security program...
Lenovo's website hack points to DNS weakness ... FTC asked to probe Samsung ... Facebook vet starts server analytics biz ... and more tech news
The redirection of both Lenovo's website and Google's main search page for Vietnam this week highlights weaknesses with the Internet's addressing system.
Lenovo's website appeared to have been hacked on Wednesday, possibly in retaliation for a piece of adware it installed on PCs that was found to have opened up a security hole.
New cases of insecure HTTPS traffic interception are coming to light as researchers probe software programs for implementations that could enable malicious attacks. The latest software to open a man-in-the-middle hole on users' PCs is a new version o...
Judge dismisses Google Android apps antitrust case ... Other apps use the same vulnerable technique as Superfish adware ... and more tech news
Lenovo admitted to pre-loading the Superfish adware on some consumer PCs, and unhappy customers are now dragging the company to court on the matter.
On Thursday security researchers warned that an adware program called Superfish, which was preloaded on some Lenovo consumer laptops, opened computers to attack. However, it seems that the same poorly designed and flawed traffic interception mechanis...
Spy agencies may have your phone’s encryption keys ... Re-engineering 4G for IoT... Hackers are still lurking in U.S. State Department network ... and more tech news.
Lenovo has admitted it "messed up badly" by pre-loading software on some consumer laptops that exposed users to possible attack, and said it will soon release a tool to remove it.
Major technology companies just can't help tampering with our web traffic to deliver advertising. Security researchers recently discovered that consumer-grade Lenovo computers ship with software called Superfish Visual Discovery that injects advertis...
Lenovo's been caught going a bit too far in its quest for bloatware money, and the results have put its users at risk. The company has been preloading Superfish, a "visual search" tool that includes adware that fakes the encryption certificates for e...
Some Windows laptops made by Lenovo come pre-loaded with an adware program that exposes users to security risks.
Facebook wants us all to create VR content ... Lenovo tests ARM server waters with prototype ... Big data vendors find common ground ... and more tech news
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost review
- 2 Synology DS216+ Review
- 3 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 4 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 5 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- IDG Pokémon Go bible
- The best Pokémon Go map grabs data directly from the Pokémon Go servers
- Apple reports second straight quarter of declining iPhone sales
- NTSB: Tesla in fatal crash was speeding with Autopilot on
- Office 365 gets new Word, PowerPoint and Outlook features
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTSocial Media AssistantQLD
- FTMobile DeveloperWA
- CCProject Manager - Change/Transformation/Project DeliveryNSW
- CCServiceNow Technical LeadNSW
- FTNetwork Infrastructure SpecialistSA
- FTService Desk ManagerNSW
- FTApplications Support / Systems Administrator | DefenceACT
- FTSystems Engineer | Defence | NV1 / NV2 clearanceACT
- CCCRM DeveloperACT
- FTData AnalystACT
- CCAgile Performance Tester- Bamboo, Jenkins, Confluence, JiraNSW
- FTCloud EngineerVIC
- FTService Desk Team LeadNSW
- CCTechnical Architect - CloudNSW
- CCEnvironment Support AnalystQLD
- FTJava DeveloperVIC
- CCContract Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160729/P/698Asia
- CCDW/BI DeveloperACT
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160726/AP/186Asia
- CCPre-Sales Consulting Business AnalystVIC
- FTCisco IP Telephony EngineerNSW
- FTIT Helpdesk (Microsoft)NSW
- FT1st Level IT Support - Microsoft EnvironmentNSW
- CCUI/UX DeveloperVIC
- CCTechnical Specialist - EUCNSW