Lenovo in February admitted to preloading Superfish on some consumer notebooks, and now the company has taken steps so the dangerous adware doesn't reappear when users reinstall Windows.
Lenovo has issued an expanded product safety recall on some of its ThinkPad lithium-ion battery packs after identifying that overheating could pose a risk of fire or burn hazard. The offending battery packs are ones that may have been used in the fol...
The handwriting experience on Lenovo’s Windows-based tablets has gotten a boost for the better, with the company releasing an application called WRITEit, which can allow a user to perform handwriting input in almost any scenario.
A slowdown in Windows XP upgrades and the wait for Windows 10 sent worldwide PC shipments tumbling to a six-year low in the first quarter this year, according to IDC.
Intel slashes its Q1 target... Alibaba wants in on the car business... Senate panel secretly approves cyberthreat bill... and more tech news.
Alibaba opens U.S. cloud service... IBM puts OpenPower servers in cloud... Eric Schmidt meets European antitrust chief... and more news
Tablets running 64-bit Android haven't been out for long but prices are already set to fall fast.
It only took an embarrassing adware scandal that put millions of PCs at risk, but Lenovo has had a revelation: People just want clean Windows.
FCC votes in new U.S. net neutrality rules
Aggressive adware applications that break the trust between HTTPS (HTTP Secure) websites and users have been at the center of controversy lately. But over the past week, HTTPS interception flaws of varying severity were also found in security program...
Lenovo's website hack points to DNS weakness ... FTC asked to probe Samsung ... Facebook vet starts server analytics biz ... and more tech news
The redirection of both Lenovo's website and Google's main search page for Vietnam this week highlights weaknesses with the Internet's addressing system.
Lenovo's website appeared to have been hacked on Wednesday, possibly in retaliation for a piece of adware it installed on PCs that was found to have opened up a security hole.
New cases of insecure HTTPS traffic interception are coming to light as researchers probe software programs for implementations that could enable malicious attacks. The latest software to open a man-in-the-middle hole on users' PCs is a new version o...
Judge dismisses Google Android apps antitrust case ... Other apps use the same vulnerable technique as Superfish adware ... and more tech news
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Star Wars Death Star Bluetooth levitating rotating speaker review
- 2 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 3 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 4 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- AMD's Radeon Software Crimson ReLive debuts with features galore
- Intel, Microsoft renew 'Wintel' partnership with Project Evo and VR specs for PCs
- New Windows 10 Insider Build allows you to shut down your PC with your voice
- Microsoft-Qualcomm deal finally puts Windows 10 and Win32 apps on ARM devices
- Halo 5: Forge's multiplayer is now more accessible on PC with a new custom game browser
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- TPSenior Change ManagerNSW
- FTQuality and Testing Assurance SpecialistSA
- FTProject ManagerOther
- FTProject Manager - ProcurementSA
- FTLevel 3 Managed Services ConsultantNSW
- FTSenior Front End DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior Performance Test AnalystQLD
- FTSolutions Architect - Data Centre/ NetworkVIC
- CCTest Lead : Perth BasedNSW
- FTRF EngineerNSW
- FTTechnical Business AnalystQLD
- FTPractice AdvisorNSW
- TPBI DeveloperSA
- FTJapanese Speaking Technical Support EngineerNSW
- FTProject Manager / Senior Business AnalystSA
- CCSenior UX/UI DesignerNSW
- CCHFC Quality Assurance Delivery Specialist | 6 Month ContractVIC
- FTServicing Financial Planner - CBDNSW
- CCProject Manager - Process Transformation / AutomationVIC
- FTMarketing Automation DeveloperVIC
- CCSharePoint DeveloperACT
- TPProject CoordinatorNSW
- FTILSP ManagerNSW
- FTChief Security Officer l CISSP l ISO27001NSW
- CCService Management Analyst (Part-Time)NSW