Hard on the heels of the news that the Linux kernel itself has now added Chromebook support, other reports this week suggest that the ongoing popularity of devices that use Google's Linux-based Chrome OS operating system will likely continue unabated...
Any deal by IBM to sell parts of its server business to Lenovo is likely to focus on low-end commodity x86 hardware, not higher-end x86 systems such as IBM's PureSystems and iDataPlex servers, an industry analyst said Thursday.
IBM is in "advanced discussions" with Lenovo over a possible deal for it to purchase IBM's x86 server business, according to two news reports.
Cloud hosting provider Rackspace Hosting is striking back against patent holder Rotatable Technologies, a Texas company that has filed patent infringement cases against more than a dozen companies in the past year.
Small and medium-sized enterprises with no full-time IT staff are beginning to get some of the same features that large data centers have for efficiency and control.
Certain U.S. federal agencies could be hindered from buying information technology systems made by companies with links to the Chinese government under the new funding law signed by President Barack Obama earlier this week.
In the midst of its latest campaign to fight piracy in China, Microsoft has signed an agreement with Lenovo to ensure that its PCs ship with licensed versions of Windows software on its computers
Lenovo is updating the design of its ThinkPad laptops to keep them up-to-date in a market where computers are getting thinner and lighter at a fast rate.
Try this, try that and see what entices customers. That's the mantra for tablet makers that are experimenting with new tablet features in the elusive quest to deliver the next big hit.
Security company Maz Encryption Technologies sued seven large technology companies for allegedly infringing on several of its security patents. The suits target security technology used in the iPhone and iPad as well as the BlackBerry Enterprise Solu...
Lenovo has announced new 7-inch and 10-inch tablets with quad-core processors and Google's latest Android 4.2 operating system, becoming one of the few companies to offer that version of the OS in tablets.
While first day sales for Microsoft's Surface RT tablet attracted a long line in Beijing back in October, demand for the device in China has been low, as shipments reached only 30,000 units during the fourth quarter, according to research firm IDC.
Lenovo was the only PC vendor among the top five that increased its unit sales during the fourth quarter, as the Western European PC market shrank by almost 12 percent year-on-year, according to market research company Gartner.
Despite the launch of the iPhone 5 in December in China, Apple's smartphone market share in the nation barely grew during last year's fourth quarter, according to research firm Canalys.
Despite some caution about the fortunes of BlackBerry, Facebook and Apple, solid financial results from tech vendors coupled with positive reports about the economy are boosting confidence in IT, with share prices of computer, consumer electronics an...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 2 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 3 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
- 4 Ford Focus ST (2015) review: Absolutely mental styling, engine, handling
- 5 LG 65-inch UHD TV (65UF950T) review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Deals on Good Gear Guide
- Networking, Wireless & VoIP
Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Developers getting more help with heterogenous processors
- LogMeIn buying password manager LastPass
- Wi-Fi Alliance reaches for peace over unlicensed LTE
- Why Continuum could draw customers from Apple and Android to Windows 10 mobile
- Sony's Xperia Z5, Z5 Compact go on sale next week at Australia's largest telcos
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTDatabase Marketing ManagerNSW
- FTAccount Manager | Music IndustryNSW
- FTSystems Administrator | National commercial law firm | MS, AWS & eDiscoveryNSW
- FTBusiness Development & Account ManagementNSW
- CCE-Commerce - Senior Web Application DeveloperNSW
- FTManual Test Engineer | Financial Institution | Web testingNSW
- FTAndroid DeveloperNSW
- FTSenior Account Manager - PR AgencyNSW
- FTSales SpecialistNSW
- CCMilitary simulation programmer with C# and Unity - 3 monthsNSW
- FT1st & 2nd level IT support all-rounder in beautiful rural BathurstNSW
- FTLevel 2 IT Support TechnicianVIC
- FTSenior Consultant | Project work | National Systems IntegratorVIC
- FTLinux Administrator with AWS & DevopsNSW
- CCWeb / Drupal DeveloperNSW
- FTDigital ManagerNSW
- FTAccount Manager | Client Side - Previous Agency Experience Welcome!!NSW
- FTSystems Administrator - Managed ServicesNSW
- FTField EngineerNSW
- FTProduct Marketing ManagerNSW