Lenovo is bringing another Windows 8 tablet to market -- this one made with keyboard cover in mind -- along with five new touch-based laptops that are slated to arrive globally in July and August.
Lenovo will enter the cloud storage market with a service that offers a single sign-on ID to access social networks, favorite applications, as well as a file manager with a search engine to help users find files, photos and other digital media.
Lenovo is in preliminary negotiations to start a joint venture with an unspecified party, the company said, setting off speculation that the company could be looking to bolster its expanding smartphone business.
PC sales in China and high growth in smartphones shipments helped boost Lenovo's net profit for its fiscal fourth quarter by 90 percent year-over-year.
PC shipments in Western Europe declined by 20.5 percent during the first quarter: The only vendors to see shipments grow were Lenovo and Apple, which returned to the top five.
Apple retook its spot as China's fifth largest smartphone vendor in the first quarter, as the country's market grew to triple the size of the U.S.'s.
Hard on the heels of the news that the Linux kernel itself has now added Chromebook support, other reports this week suggest that the ongoing popularity of devices that use Google's Linux-based Chrome OS operating system will likely continue unabated...
Any deal by IBM to sell parts of its server business to Lenovo is likely to focus on low-end commodity x86 hardware, not higher-end x86 systems such as IBM's PureSystems and iDataPlex servers, an industry analyst said Thursday.
IBM is in "advanced discussions" with Lenovo over a possible deal for it to purchase IBM's x86 server business, according to two news reports.
Cloud hosting provider Rackspace Hosting is striking back against patent holder Rotatable Technologies, a Texas company that has filed patent infringement cases against more than a dozen companies in the past year.
Small and medium-sized enterprises with no full-time IT staff are beginning to get some of the same features that large data centers have for efficiency and control.
Certain U.S. federal agencies could be hindered from buying information technology systems made by companies with links to the Chinese government under the new funding law signed by President Barack Obama earlier this week.
In the midst of its latest campaign to fight piracy in China, Microsoft has signed an agreement with Lenovo to ensure that its PCs ship with licensed versions of Windows software on its computers
Lenovo is updating the design of its ThinkPad laptops to keep them up-to-date in a market where computers are getting thinner and lighter at a fast rate.
Try this, try that and see what entices customers. That's the mantra for tablet makers that are experimenting with new tablet features in the elusive quest to deliver the next big hit.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 2 Mazda MX-5 (2016) review: Absolute driving purity
- 3 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 4 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Immigration Minister Peter Dutton becomes Creepy internet meme
- Dick Smith relaunches as online-only business
- Giphy Keys wants to be the default iOS keyboard for GIF lovers
- Report: HTC to finally launch Android Wear smartwatch in June
- Facebook Messenger testing Snapchat-style disappearing messages for iOS
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCInstructional DesignerQLD
- FTSenior Revenue Systems Functional AnalystSA
- FTSenior Change Manager - Capital MarketsNSW
- FTSenior Business Intelligence ManagerNSW
- CCSr. Project Manager - Six SigmaVIC
- CCOrganisational Change ManagerVIC
- FTNetwork ConsultantNSW
- CCTest Analyst - Contact Centre TechnologiesVIC
- CCFront end and Full Stack DevelopersNSW
- CCE-Commerce - Senior Web Application DeveloperNSW
- CCEnterprise Architect (Security)NSW
- CCAdobe Experience Manager AEM / CQ5 DeveloperNSW
- FTLevel 2 IT Field Systems Engineer/Administrator - Multiple opportunitiesNSW
- FTVendor Manager / Team Lead - ITIL / ITSMVIC
- CCSenior Project Manager - HealthcareVIC
- CCServiceNow / SACM ConsultantNSW
- CCSnr Technical System Engineer(IBM DB2/WebSphere)160419/STSE/vmtAsia
- FTSQL DeveloperNSW
- CCSecurity AnalystACT
- FTTechnical Business Analyst - BINSW
- CCSenior Frontend DeveloperNSW
- CCChange Lead/Senior Change Analyst - Transformation projectNSW
- CCJava Developer- 12 month contractNSW
- CCITIL Environment, Configuration, Release Manager- Banking/GovtNSW
- CCChange Manager x 2NSW