Accidentally leaked user manuals from PC maker Lenovo show that the company is preparing a new laptop that runs Android instead of Windows.
Dell's XPS 10 tablet and Lenovo's Yoga 11 hybrid with Windows RT have been discontinued, but the companies will provide customers free upgrades to the latest Windows RT 8.1 when the OS is released later this month, according to representatives from t...
Acer's latest 11.6-inch C720 Chromebook will sell for US$249.99, which is the lowest price yet in the newest wave of thin-and-light laptops with Google's Chrome OS.
The PC market remained weak in the third quarter, but the expiration of Microsoft's support for Windows XP in April next year may have prompted users to look at upgrades, which eased the slump.
Consumers outside of China don't think of Lenovo much beyond laptops, but in that country the company has a wide reach including a growing line of mobile devices. Explore the hidden -- and larger -- side of Lenovo in this slideshow
Lenovo sells most of its smartphones in China but it hopes to break out internationally with a new line of handsets called the Vibe.
Lenovo introduced a new wave of Yoga hybrids, shaving off size and weight so the devices are lighter when used as tablets, and faster in laptop mode.
Chinese search company Baidu has entered the country's smart TV market with a product powered by its video site iQiyi.
Lenovo has introduced the ThinkPad T440, a laptop that comes with two batteries to provide up to 17 hours running time, the company said Tuesday.
The market share of Apple's iPad fell dramatically in China during the second quarter as a result of competition from Android tablets made by little-known "white box" vendors.
Lenovo's sales of tablets and smartphones were higher than that of PCs in its fiscal first quarter, reflecting the company's efforts to reduce its dependence on the ailing PC business.
Worldwide smartphone sales to end users accounted for nearly 52 per cent of mobile phone sales in the second quarter, surpassing feature phones sales for the first time as a result of growth in Asian countries like China, Gartner said.
After a closed beta for a few months, Lenovo has opened for public preview its Reach consumer Cloud service, which is a "Cloud desktop" service through which applications can be launched without downloading and installing them locally on mobile devic...
Lenovo will open its Reach consumer Cloud service beta to anyone who wants to sign up later this quarter in North America, which could boost the Chinese company's hardware sales by tying that portfolio to the cloud service.
Lenovo has discontinued sales of the Yoga 11 convertible with Windows RT on its website, which analysts said was a sign of PC makers moving away from their commitment to the struggling OS.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost review
- 2 Synology DS216+ Review
- 3 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 4 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 5 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Should Netflix refund its geoblocked customers for their inconvenience?
- Windows 10's big Anniversary Update will hit phones the same time as PCs
- Hands-on with Pokémon Go: Catch 'em all by exploring the real world
- The Assembly hands-on: The future of VR is adventure games
- EC Technology Foldable Bluetooth Keyboard review: This Jorno clone can save you a few bucks
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTSystems Analyst - ERPNSW
- FTBusiness Analyst - Clinical SystemsSA
- CCSharepoint ConsultantQLD
- CCBusiness AnalystVIC
- CCProject DirectorWA
- CCDevOps /Systems AdministratorQLD
- CCBiztalk developerNSW
- CCSAP Project Manager- HR/Payroll- Finance Systems IntegrationNSW
- CCProgram DirectorNSW
- CCBusiness Impact AssessmentsVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160616/AP/185Asia
- CCIntegration ArchitectNSW
- CCTibco DeveloperWA
- CCContract Programmer (IT Security/Website Admin) 160617/P/564Asia
- CCSystems Trainer - Networking/ RadioVIC
- CCInfrastructure Solutions ArchitectNSW
- CCSenior Business AnalystVIC
- CCSenior IT Assistant (Office Automation/PC LAN) 160630/SITA/642Asia
- CCContract System Analyst (Renewable Contract)Asia
- CCUser Experience AnalystACT
- CCProject ManagerNSW
- CCProject Scheduler - IT Security ProgramNSW
- CCContract Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160628/P/133Asia
- FTSenior Software Developer (Full Stack)SA
- FTTechnical Lead - Tier 1 Customer interfaceACT