European Internet users could risk being charged extra money for accessing online services like Facebook, Wikipedia, YouTube, Skype and Whatsapp if a European draft regulation on net neutrality isn't amended before March, European civil rights groups...
Japan is planning to tax sales of foreign online content such as e-books, apps and downloaded music by late 2015, according to a newspaper report.
A group of activist groups and Internet companies are planning a coordinated protest of U.S. National Security Agency surveillance on Feb. 11, with the hope that millions of people will join them.
Spain's data protection authority has fined Google €900,000 (US$1.2 million) and ordered the company to fall in line with the country's data protection rules without delay.
The top five U.S. mobile operators have agreed to let their customers unlock their devices and move to another provider under pressure from the U.S. Congress and Federal Communications Commission.
The French Senate has passed a law giving government officials warrantless access to live login and user location data from ISPs and websites, angering Internet companies and human rights groups.
Europe’s top legal advisor ruled on Thursday that the blanket retention of data, even to combat crime, is incompatible with fundamental rights.
Nokia has obtained permission to sell its Indian handset factory after it agreed to deposit funds as security until a dispute with the country's tax authorities is resolved.
Privacy groups have asked the U.S. FCC to declare that even "anonymized" phone records have to be protected under a privacy rule that restricts carriers from sharing customers' information without their consent.
European data protection supervisors say they are not ready for the proposed new E.U. data protection law leaving multinationals like Facebook and Google to face 28 different legal frameworks.
Negotiators on a secret trade treaty, which includes controversial intellectual property proposals, could not meet their year-end deadline for an agreement this week at Singapore.
The U.S. Federal Communications Commission should limit the amount of spectrum that giant mobile carriers AT&T and Verizon Communications are able to buy in an auction scheduled for mid-2015, some U.S. senators said Tuesday.
Eight top tech companies in the U.S. have asked governments around the world to reform surveillance laws and practices, and asked the U.S. to take the lead.
Explosive revelations in the past six months about the U.S. government's massive cyber-spying activities have spooked individuals, rankled politicians and enraged privacy watchdogs, but top IT executives aren't panicking -- yet.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 HTC One (M9) review: The weakest One in the trilogy
- 2 Google Nexus 9 review: The best of Google and HTC
- 3 Subaru WRX Premium CVT review: A wolf in sheep’s clothing
- 4 Oppo R5 review: Among the most innovative of smartphones
- 5 Apple Mac Mini review: A Macintosh that's easy on the wallet
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on GoodGearGuide
Latest News Articles
- Samsung Galaxy S6, S6 Edge pricing: Vodafone vs Optus vs Telstra vs Virgin
- Smaller, lower-priced Microsoft Surface 3 tablet coming in May
- In a haystack of data, Alation helps find the needle
- Apigee aims to unify IoT with APIs
- EPIC appeals to court for FAA drone privacy rules
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTDigital Ad Operations ManagerNSW
- FTDigital Ad Operations ManagerQLD
- CCMobile Designer / Developer - IOSNSW
- FTSenior SQL DBANSW
- FTDigital Producer - Mobile AppsNSW
- CC.Net Solution ArchitectNSW
- FTMarketing Executive | MusicNSW
- FTDigital Communications Specialist | Internet Services| BrisbaneNSW
- FTAgency Sales Manager - Software Sales - Major Global Tech Company!NSW
- FTCRM Campaign ManagerNSW
- CCDBA (Oracle/SQL)NSW
- FTApplication Support SpecialistNSW
- FTDigital Producer - ConsumerNSW
- FTProduct Producer | MobileNSW
- CCMobile iOS DeveloperNSW
- CCMobile Designer / Developer - IOSNSW
- CCInformation ArchitectNSW
- CCSenior Release EngineerNSW
- CCSenior Systems EngineerNSW
- FT.Net Solution ArchitectNSW
- FTMobile Sales managerNSW
- FTMedia Sales Executive - Client Side!!NSW
- FTEmail Campaign Manager - leading fashion group!NSW