Sharp has approved an offer from Hon Hai Precision Industry and related companies to acquire over 66 per cent of the company’s voting stock, making the Taiwanese contract manufacturer the new parent of the venerable Japanese firm.
LG Electronics Australia (LG) has launched its new flat panel 4K UHD OLED TV (EF950T series) is available to buy at select Australian retailers.
‘If you build it, they will come’ appears to be the ethos of Samsung’s vigilant Ultra HD campaign, as the company continues to release products that support the standard in spite of a lack in content.
As it turns out, Windows Vista really wasn't all that slow; and no, your PC probably won't fry if you open it up without wearing a wrist strap. Thanks in large part to the Internet, the tech world is teeming with lies, half-truths, and misinformatio...
A federal grand jury in San Francisco has indicted the largest Taiwanese maker of thin-film transistor-liquid crystal display (TFT-LCD) panels, its U.S. subsidiary and six executives for participating in a conspiracy to fix TFT-LCD prices, the U.S. D...
A recent patent filing by Apple shows the company is developing a way to create thinner, brighter touchscreens for its laptop and mobile devices, such as iPhone smartphones.
Nokia has filed a lawsuit against eight LCD manufacturers accused of collusion and price-fixing. Nokia is hoping to win damages to recover money it overpaid to the various companies for LCD displays for its mobile handsets.
Nokia is suing display manufacturers Samsung, LG, Philips, Toshiba and others for price-fixing. As a result of the price fixing Nokia has paid too much for displays, and now the company wants some of its money back, it said on Tuesday.
Toshiba has announced a special Christmas promotion, offering a free Toshiba netbook with the purchase of an LCD television from its XV600A or ZV600A ranges.
Japanese electronics maker Epson Imaging Devices has agreed to plead guilty and pay a $US26 million fine for the company's role in a conspiracy to fix prices of thin film transistor-liquid crystal display panels sold to Motorola, the U.S. Department ...
Sharp and Sony have agreed to form a joint venture to operate a new LCD plant in Japan, completing a plan that was earlier postponed because of the global economic downturn.
Samsung Electronics reported its highest quarterly net profit in over two years on Friday as its semiconductor and LCD businesses returned to profitability.
European antitrust investigators believe a cartel in the market for LCD screens extends around the world, a European Commission official said Tuesday.
The economy might still be in a fragile condition but it seems consumers can't get enough of flat-panel televisions. Sharp plans to increase production of LCD panels by tens of thousands of screens per month after seeing increased demand from TV make...
AU Optronics, the world's third largest make of LCD screens, is planning two new investments this year, one in solar panels and another in an LCD module venture in China.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 2 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 3 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 4 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
- 5 Microsoft Lumia 640 review: Honouring Nokia's legacy
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Synology DS216+ Review
- Microsoft dials back Windows 10 upgrades to 2X a year
- No more passwords with Google's Trust API
- Spotify takes on Apple and Google with family plan
- How to go back to Windows 7 or 8 after an unwanted Windows 10 upgrade
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTInfrastructure Specialist VMwareNSW
- CCApplication Packaging ExpertVIC
- FTOPEN_ASAP_Network Security AdministratorACT
- FT.NET DevelopersQLD
- CCProgram Business Implementation Director- HR Payroll, FINSW
- CCDelivery Manager - Integration SpaceVIC
- CCContract Programmer (JAVA/SQL) 160511/P/043Asia
- FTSenior Developer (.Net)SA
- CCSr. Net DeveloperVIC
- CCPositive Vetted ICT positions - Defence intelligence and information securityACT
- CCSystem Engineer - Server Migration experienceNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (IT Security) 160517/AP/995Asia
- CCLMS Administrator and e- Learning Development Project OfficerSA
- CCBusiness Analyst or Information AnalystNSW
- CCAWS Developer/LeadNSW
- CCinstructional DesignerACT
- CCProject Manager - Business IntelligenceVIC
- CCProgram Communications SpecialistVIC
- FTGraduate IT Support OfficerNSW
- FTIT Project Manager - Insurance Experience NeededNSW
- FTTechnical Services SpecialistACT
- CCTechnology Team Lead / Senior Developer - JavaNSW
- CCProgram Business AnalystVIC
- CCData Engineer | Real Time StreamingNSW
- FTQuality ManagerACT