LG Electronics has announced the launch of its LH50 LCD television, which uses a 200Hz refresh rate for high quality motion handling.
Bang & Olufsen has released information on its latest super-stylish LCD television, the BeoVision 8-40. The 40in TV has a 100Hz screen refresh rate with motion compensation and dynamic contrast.
Sony Australia has outlined its predictions for the future of digital television in Australia, projecting increased household penetration of large Full HD televisions, Internet Protocol Television (IPTV) and environmentally friendly TVs.
Sony today launched four new series of Bravia LCD televisions, which will be available in May and July. The new models mean that the company's entire LCD television line-up will soon be Full HD 1080p.
A Taiwanese research group has developed stereo speakers in paper, which will lead to low-cost speakers perfect for thin devices such as LCD TVs or even talking movie posters to be used as advertisements.
Within the next few years, companies from Taiwan may begin selling LCD TVs with 3D (three-dimensional) viewing technology that does not require the special glasses normally used in movie theaters to show 3D films.
Toshiba has announced three new Full HD LCD television ranges. The TVs range in size from 42in to 52in, with prices ranging from $2199 to $4299.
Sony today announced it will inject 20,000 new Blu-ray players into Australian homes via a new Bravia TV promotion.
Budget manufacturer and retailer Kogan today announced the KEVIN37, a 37in LCD television that will cost $900 — the same amount earmarked for individual tax-payers who earn $80,000 or less in the Federal Government's economic stimulus package.
NEC Australia today announced it will withdraw from the local consumer electronics market to focus on business services in a move that will result in 200 redundancies.
LG Display is showcasing what the company calls TruMotion 480Hz refresh technology. In technology demos, the TruMotion 480Hz LCD TV panel features a 480Hz refresh rate per second.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung's Galaxy Alpha review: A peek into the Galaxy S6
- 2 Samsung Galaxy Note 4 review: The busiest, biggest and best Samsung phablet
- 3 Aldi's $279 Bauhn Sphere review: Disappointing
- 4 Nokia Lumia 735 review: Perfectly ordinary
- 5 Bowers & Wilkins P5 (Series 2) review: For elegant sound
Best Deals on GoodGearGuide
Latest News Articles
- Pressure mounts in Europe for strict net neutrality
- Windows tablets available for under $100
- Use Uber? Snapchat? Google Maps? Now Twitter knows
- Opera pitches all-you-can-eat app stores to mobile operators
- Apple-IBM products in November? Not quite
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTStudio Design ManagerVIC
- FTDigital Account ManagerNSW
- CCStrategic Partner ManagerNSW
- FTSEO Content ExecutiveVIC
- CCTech Support | IT Services Firm - Ad hoc Projects - Echuca AreaVIC
- FTMarketing Solutions ManagerNSW
- FTProgram Manager - Integration & SolutionsNSW
- FTAccount ExecutiveNSW
- CCTech Support | IT Services Firm - Ad hoc Projects - Port Augusta / Whyalla AreaSA
- FTPartnership Manager - MediaNSW