Samsung has announced the pricing for its 2011 Australian line-up of plasma, LCD and LED televisions. Most of these TVs will be released in April and May, although some models are already available.
The ever-canny Kogan Technologies has jumped on the Julia Gillard bandwagon with the release of a new HD TV: the JULIA32. The Kogan JULAI32 is a 32-inch Full HD television boasting two HDMI outputs, a USB port capable of playing movie files and a str...
The cost of 3D television technology is increasing even before 3D TVs hit our shores, with reports that the glasses needed to take advantage of the new technology could cost $150 a pair.
Samsung plans to release its 3D-compatible LED televisions in Australia, with models expected to be released in mid-April.
LG has upped the ante for the high-end LED television market, releasing a 55in LED backlit television. The LG LH95 boasts a contrast ratio of 5,000,000:1, which is far greater than models from competing brands.
Buyers of selected Samsung's LCD, LED and plasma televisions in the lead-up to Christmas will be eligible a free 22in or 26in LCD television. Running until 5pm on 24 December, the offer gives consumers a free second screen that will suit a bedroom or...
Sony Australia has announced the expansion of its PlayStation 3 Christmas promotion, offering another 10,000 free consoles for purchasers of selected models of Sony Bravia TVs.
Sharp has launched locally the first LED-backlit LCD television with an integrated Blu-ray disc player, the 40in AQUOS LC-40LB700X. This television has a six star energy rating, 100Hz motion control and multimedia connectivity.
Toshiba will soon unveil its first television based on the Cell processor, the same multimedia chip that sits at the heart of the PlayStation 3 games console.
Australian consumers have bucked the global trend towards economic downturn, buying more gadgets and digital products in the first half of 2009 than the corresponding period in any previous year.
At LG's fifth annual summer line show in New York City, the company introduced two new HDTV lines, the SL80 and SL90. Both caught my attention for their attention to design.
LED-backlit HDTVs once were an expensive rarity, but that's changing. Sharp Electronics' new line of Aquos HDTVs offer the premium of LED backlighting. The advantage of LED backlighting: It can boost black levels and minimize power consumption, even ...
The economy might still be in a fragile condition but it seems consumers can't get enough of flat-panel televisions. Sharp plans to increase production of LCD panels by tens of thousands of screens per month after seeing increased demand from TV make...
The U.S. International Trade Commission issued a decision Wednesday that blocks the U.S. import of LCD panels and LCD televisions made by Sharp, ruling that the company violated a patent held by rival Samsung Electronics.
AU Optronics, the world's third largest make of LCD screens, is planning two new investments this year, one in solar panels and another in an LCD module venture in China.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 3 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 4 Panasonic Viera DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review
- 5 Parrot Mambo Drone review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- YouTube's top trending videos for 2016
- Intel may use AMD GPUs to challenge Nvidia's rising power
- Creative Live! Cam Sync HD review: Crummy video tanks this HD webcam
- Microsoft LifeCam HD-3000 review: An HD webcam for the cost-conscious
- Microsoft LifeCam Studio review: A hi-def webcam for business or pleasure
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTBusiness Reporting AnalystNSW
- CCSolution ArchitectACT
- FTPractice Manager - SecurityVIC
- FTSoftware Developer - .NETNSW
- CCTest ManagerNSW
- FTJava Security SpecialistNSW
- CCExchange EngineerNSW
- FTGuidewire Developer - Billing's focusSA
- FTWeb Developer/ DesignerVIC
- CCSenior Integration DeveloperVIC
- CCSecurity Consultant (Perth CBD based)QLD
- CCSolution Designer and DeveloperNSW
- FTSenior Technical LeadNSW
- FTInfrastructure and Data Centre Support OfficerACT
- CCSenior Windows Systems Engineer- MCSE- SCOM, SCCMNSW
- CCSEM / PPC / Paid Search Specialist - 6 Month Contract RoleNSW
- CCCapacity and Performance AnalystVIC
- TPSenior Project Manager - Retail BankingNSW
- CCPowerOn Mobile SpecialistWA
- CCSenior Performance Test AnalystVIC
- FTInfrastructure EngineerQLD
- CCIT Project ManagerQLD
- CCTechnical Change Manager- Electrical Network EngineeringSA
- TPNetwork EngineerVIC
- FTSenior Financial Planner - GeelongVIC