Juniper Networks will lay off about 6 per cent of its workforce and back out of application delivery controllers as part of a restructuring intended to cut costs and focus the company on markets where it can grow fast.
A newly released, independent audit of Oregon's disastrous Obamacare website implementation takes both state officials and site contractor Oracle to task, saying each side contributed to problems that have generated a political firestorm in recent mo...
Intel expects that its workforce will decline by 5 per cent as it heads into a year in which revenue is likely to be flat.
Dell has declined to confirm a report of employee layoffs, but said it could make decisions related to the workforce if necessary in order to maintain company stability.
Yahoo has decided to shut down its office in Cairo, Egypt by the end of this year as the company tries to revitalize its business.
Communications chip maker Broadcom is cutting approximately 1,150 jobs, nearly one-tenth of its workforce, as part of a global restructuring.
BlackBerry confirmed on Friday its US$965 million net operating loss in the second quarter, following low interest in the Z10 smartphone.
BlackBerry lost close to $1 billion in the July to September quarter as users abandoned its once-dominant platform.
In another sign of trouble at HTC, the Taiwan-based smartphone maker started downsizing its US operations on Friday, cutting an undisclosed number of staff.
Dell will invest in additional acquisitions and remain committed to its struggling PC business once a $US24.9 billion deal to go private is complete, according to company officials.
Blackberry is laying off 250 employees, or around 2 percent of its workforce, at its new product testing facility, the company said on Friday.
Social gaming publisher Zynga announced Monday that it will lay off 18% of its total workforce -- more than 500 employees -- in an effort to reduce staff costs and focus on the mobile sector.
Chip maker, ST-Ericsson, will be wound down as parents STMicroelectronics and Ericsson have decided to take over some parts of the company, including LTE modems and application processors, and close or sell the rest.
Motorola Mobility is cutting 1200 staff, in addition to a reduction of 4,000 staff it announced in August, to focus on high-end devices.
Oracle is moving 130 manufacturing jobs from Mexico to Oregon in the U.S., a company spokeswoman said.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 Mazda MX-5 (2016) review: Absolute driving purity
- 3 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 4 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- ASUS launches world’s first liquid-cooled gaming laptop
- JB Hi-Fi reaches $2bn revenue mark for 2016 half-year results
- Optus moves into wearables space with Cash by Optus
- Modular cellphone kit can be used for IoT and wearables
- Now that AI has mastered 'Go', are all our jobs next?
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCBusiness AnalystQLD
- CCBusiness Project Manager - Transformation ProgramNSW
- FTApplication Support AnalystVIC
- FTLogistics Systems ManagerNSW
- CCSQL DeveloperVIC
- CCSAP Primavera Functional ConsultantNSW
- CCSenior Business AnalystNSW
- CCRecords Officer - CanberraACT
- CCFront End DeveloperVIC
- FTSecurity ArchitectWA
- CCSenior PMO Analyst / PMO LeadVIC
- CCAD and FIM EngineerNSW
- FTBusiness Analyst / Scrum MasterNSW
- CCOracle Business Analyst / TrainerSA
- CCChange LeadNSW
- CCJava/J2EE ConsultantVIC
- FTNetwork Engineer | Canberra | NV1 NV2 clearance | Defence projectsVIC
- CCHigh Level Network Engineer (Communications)WA
- FTSoftware Developer - Ruby on RailsNSW
- CCOracle CC&B Technical AnalystVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer 160120/AP/vvtAsia
- FTSenior Business Analyst - Oracle ProcurementSA
- FTWeb Programmer/ DeveloperVIC
- CCProject Manager - Managed Print ServicesNSW
- CCMicrosoft Dynamics CRM DeveloperSA