Reader Bballgurl84life's laptop battery isn't charging.
It's been almost a year since I served up some nice, hot laptop tips--and that's inexcusable. I'll make it up to you this week with some useful advice on adding memory to a laptop, turning an old laptop hard disc into an external drive, and using you...
You're more likely to damage a laptop than a desktop PC (no one has ever driven off, forgetting the desktop on top of their car), and once damaged, laptops are harder and more expensive to repair.
So my dad was griping that his Acer Aspire 9300 laptop takes forever to boot. I inspected it for spyware, excessive startup programs, and the other usual suspects, but everything checked out.
Apple's iOS 4 enables multitasking and other new and useful features, but the iPad can't join the party until this fall. If you jailbreak your iPad, however, you can multitask today--and that's just the beginning.
They're collecting dust in storage rooms and taking up extra space in your garage or office. They can't handle today's applications, peripherals or operating systems. Yes, older computers are a nuisance, like the brother-in-law who sleeps on your sof...
Like chocolate and episodes of Mad Men, there's no such thing as too much battery life.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost review
- 2 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 3 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 4 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Review: Arcam MusicBoost for iPhone 6 and 6S
- How to reinstall Windows like a pro
- Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- If Tim Burton made a robot, this would be it
- Here's how NASCAR is digitizing race day
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTIT Project Coordinator- Data Center Infrastructure backgroundNSW
- FTDynamics AX Functional ArchitectNSW
- FTIT Support Analyst (Renewal Contract)Asia
- CCScrum Master with Java development backgroundACT
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160616/AP/185Asia
- FTTechnical Business Analyst (Integration background)NSW
- CCApplication Support Analyst and Database AdministratorVIC
- CCHybrid Mobile App DeveloperNSW
- CCTechnical Content ProducerVIC
- CCMobility Developer (iOS or Android)NSW
- CCBusiness Analyst, InsuranceNSW
- CCSenior Project Delivery ManagerACT
- CCChange ManagerNSW
- FTAutomation Test Engineer | C#/.Net focusNSW
- CCProject CoordinatorNSW
- CCETL Developer - Tableau FocusNSW
- CCInfrastructure ArchitectACT
- CCSenior Systems AnalystACT
- CCBusiness AnalystVIC
- CCSalesforce Project ManagerQLD
- FTSystems application support analystNSW
- FTSenior Architect, TechnologyNSW
- CCSales Specialist - DigitalNSW
- CCService Desk ConsultantVIC
- CCContract Programmer (IT Security/Website Admin) 160617/P/564Asia