Medion's latest Akoya features a modular drive bay and great specs, but is let down by poor input devices
This Windows 8 hybrid Ultrabook is a tablet that can be transformed into a laptop thanks to a sliding screen mechanism
Dell's XPS 12 convertible can be used either as a laptop or as a tablet thanks to a clever hinge design
The ASUS Vivo Book F202 brings the Windows 8 touch experience to the low-end of the PC market
Don't let the Dell Vostro V131 laptop's low price fool you: it's state of the art
Dell Inspiron M102z review: An 11.6in netbook with great battery life
Lenovo ThinkPad T420 review: A 14in business laptop with 2nd Gen Intel Core technology and great features
MSI GE620 review: An Intel Core i7-based laptop with NVIDIA graphics
MSI CR640 review: A 15.6in notebook with 2nd Generation Intel Core processing
Samsung NF210-A01AU review: A 10in Samsung netbook with excellent battery life and an interesting design
Apple Macbook Pro revew: Apple's 2011 Macbook Pro adds extra processing, graphics grunt and a new connection standard
Sony VAIO YB Series (VPCYB16KG) laptop review: A good looking 11.6in notebook with AMD Fusion technololgy
Dell Inspiron M101z review: An 11.6in ultraportable laptop that's affordable and useful for basic tasks
HP Envy 14 Beats Edition review: A good looking and well built laptop designed for music lovers
A thin and light MSI notebook with plenty of style
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Evapolar USB air conditioner review
- 2 LED Lenser P7R Professional Torch review
- 3 Aftershokz Wireless Trekz Titanium Bone Conduction Bluetooth Headphones review
- 4 Review: Periscope users rejoice with Feiyu’s G4 Plus 3-Axis Gimbal for Smartphone video
- 5 2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Home Theatre review: Which is better, a 4K projector or 4K TV?
- Logitech HD Pro Webcam C920 review: HD video and stereo sound add polish to video calls
- Boat rental with GetMyBoat – the AirBnB of boating
- Want to live on Mars with 1M of your closest friends?
- Mozilla tests ad-blocking feature in Firefox
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCSecurity Cleared IT Professionals - Expression of InterestSA
- CCBusiness AnalystQLD
- CCLAN ConsultantWA
- FTBusiness Development Manager | ICT intelligent systems integrationVIC
- FTOutbound TelesalesVIC
- CCSenior Project ManagerACT
- CCWAN Architect and ConsultantWA
- FTIT Pre-Sales EngineerSA
- CCTest Manager (HP Quality Centre / Kronos)NSW
- FTCertification and Accreditation Security ConsultantACT
- FTTeam Leader Full Stack, Python, FinanceNSW
- FTSenior Front End DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior Infrastrcture Project ManagerACT
- CCiOS DeveloperNSW
- CCContract Web Developer (160915/WD/vmp)Asia
- CCVideo Conference Support Officer- VoIP, LAN, WAN, RemedyNSW
- FTInfrastructure Solutions ArchitectACT
- FTPositive Vetted ICT positions - Defence intelligence and information securityACT
- FTEMC Storage ConsultantWA
- CCFull Stack Application Developer - IoT projectsVIC
- CCDesktop Infrastructure SpecialistACT
- CCSoftware TesterACT
- FTMDM EngineerNSW
- CCContract Systems Analyst (IT Security) 160928/JP/653Asia
- CCInformatica Developer (MDM)NSW