A flood of computer tablets is scheduled to hit the market in the next few months, but can any of them cut into iPad's market share?
After all the hype about the new MacBook Air releases last week, all the oohing and aahing over the engineering that slipped a significant amount of power and capability into such a tiny package, I was ready to be somewhat disappointed by the new 13....
When you first take the 11.6-in. MacBook Air out of its box, the word "netbook" will almost certainly pop into your head. After all, the diminutive size and weight of Apple's newest ultraslim laptop -- not to mention its modest 1.4-GHz Intel Core 2 D...
T-Mobile starts selling Samsung's Galaxy Tab tablet November 10 for $400 after a carrier subsidy. T-Mobile's pricing for the tablet is in line with Sprint's, who will sell the tablet three days later, and $200 cheaper than with Verizon, who will sell...
Apple's iPad will make its long-awaited sales debut in more than 2,000 Verzion stores tomorrow. The nation's largest wireless carrier will be offering the tablet bundled with its MiFi mobile hotspot.
Verizon Wireless kicks off sales of Apple's iPad bundled either with a MiFi mobile hotspot or as Wi-Fi-only units in 2,000 stores on Thursday.
The conventional wisdom is that enterprises aren't impressed by Apple's shiny iDevices, perceiving them as a consumer play. Is that a fair assessment? And if so, could it change in the foreseeable future? Let's take a look, in The Long View ...
Tablets and smartphones are just the beginning of a "Post-PC world," former Microsoft executive Ray Ozzie wrote in parting memo to the company.
HP released its Slate 500 tablet this week. Immediately, everyone started comparing it with Apple's iPad. But the two devices have nothing significant in common. They are in entirely different device categories and can even be thought of as opposites...
Sprint Nextel will sell the Samsung Galaxy Tab touchscreen tablet for $399.99 with a two-year service contract, starting Nov. 14, the carrier announced Monday.
Iomega and Seagate have both announced new ultra-thin external drives that use the new SuperSpeed USB protocol. Iomega introduced a solid-state disk (SSD) and Seagate released a hard disk drive.
As the holiday shopping season nears, many companies are launching products that could be popular sellers. With its starting price down to US$999, Apple's lightweight MacBook Air laptop is high on my shopping list. Canon's new PowerShot SD4500 IS, a ...
ORLANDO -- The increasing ubiquity of Apple's iPad is evident in airports and technology conferences, especially. The tablet's use is so widespread that an army of hands was raised when Salesforce.com CEO Marc Benioff asked on stage at a Gartner conf...
This week both Apple and HP made new computing platforms available. Both the MacBook Air and the HP Slate had been the subject of months of rumors and speculation, and now they're both here. A business professional in the market for a portable comput...
Apple's lowest-priced MacBook Air costs the company $718 to manufacture, giving the company a heftier margin for the line than for its other notebooks, an analyst said Friday.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Star Wars Death Star Bluetooth levitating rotating speaker review
- 2 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 3 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 4 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- XCOM 2's eagerly anticipated Long War 2 total conversion mod released in Steam Workshop
- Prices plummet for AMD's beastly Radeon Pro Duo graphics card ahead of Vega's release
- Resident Evil 7 joins Microsoft's ambitious Play Anywhere program for PCs and Xbox One
- Sniper Elite 4 preview: More sniping, less shooting
- Halo Wars 2 campaign preview: Polished, pretty, but not as exciting as Blitz mode
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTBrand Marketing Manager - Premium Entertainment BrandNSW
- TPNetwork Security OfficerVIC
- TPPrincipal Business Analyst - DAFFQLD
- PTVBA Analyst Programmer - Permanent / Part Time (3 days per week)QLD
- CCBiztalk DeveloperACT
- FTLevel 2 Service DeskNSW
- CC3x DevOps / Integration Developers l AWS- Cloud- Linux- Puppet Ansible- JIRA-DNSW
- TPSQL Server DeveloperNSW
- FTJunior Software DeveloperQLD
- FTPERMANENT Business AnalystsACT
- CCSenior C++ Software EngineerSA
- TPSenior Project ManagerVIC
- FTLevel 3 EngineerNSW
- TPJava DeveloperSA
- FTLevel 2 Service DeskNSW
- TPInfrastructure ArchitectVIC
- CCTechnical Business Analyst - Infrastructure - VirtualizationNSW
- FTSystem AdministratorNSW
- CCNetwork Systems Engineer l Application Support l Linux l Port MacquarieNSW
- TPProjects Planning ManagerQLD
- CCProject/ Operational CoordinatorNSW
- CCPMO Analyst - Financial ServicesNSW
- FTSenior Linux Systems AdministratorNSW
- FTJunior-Mid Level Implementation CoordinatorQLD
- FTChief Architect - Public SectorACT