Research In Motion may have high hopes for its PlayBook tablet but it looks like the device will not go on sale until the end of the first quarter, according to comments from executives during RIM's earnings call Thursday.
Google's Chrome operating system-based CR-48 notebook computer may be in just a select set of hands so far, but it's been generating plenty of media attention.
While the iPad is the hottest fashion accessory for the gadget freak, recent research has revealed that users might not be getting the best out of the Apple tablet.
I keep hearing about Windows tablets. Steve Ballmer got up on stage with an HP slate at last year's CES, and nobody was particularly impressed. Now we're hearing rumors that he'll give it another shot this year, perhaps even revealing a bit about Win...
Asustek Computer, the Taiwanese computer maker that pioneered netbooks, believes it can take a double digit share of the global tablet PC market next year and ship as many as 20 million laptop PCs.
Tablets are making such a mark in the computer market that they just might start giving the world's largest chip maker a good bashing.
Although you may not have heard or seen most of them, more than 60 tablet computers produced by almost 50 manufacturers were introduced around the world in 2010. Most of the tablets have been introduced in the last 75 days, aren't branded by names mo...
Microsoft is expected to offer a first look at its forthcoming OS, Windows 8, on a tablet PC at the onsumer Electronics Show next year.
At next month's Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas, Microsoft will demonstrate a number of new Windows-run tablets and possibly even an early version of the next generation Windows 8 operating system, according to reports.
Laptops can be stolen. Neoflyer asked the PCWorld.com Answer Line forum for tips on protecting them.
Computers and their software today are too complicated, and users are increasingly looking at iPads and cloud-based services such as Google Docs to handle the basics that most of us stick to: document editing, photo management, emailing, Web browsing...
The Samsung SF510 undeniably looks good. Its sleek white exterior makes this all-purpose laptop look thinner than it really is, and the light weight doesn't hurt either. Flipping open the lid reveals an LED-backlit, 15.6-inch display and a nearly ful...
In terms of technical specs, Google's Chrome OS notebook isn't much different from other 12.1-inch laptops, except for one thing: There's no caps lock on the keyboard.
'Tis the season for rumors about Apple's next iPad, and it's only going to get worse as the expected release date draws closer.
Google gave the world a first look at its new Chrome OS laptop Tuesday and according to CEO Eric Schmidt it's very much like the Network Computer devices that he was pitching while chief technology officer at Sun Microsystems 13 years ago.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Star Wars Death Star Bluetooth levitating rotating speaker review
- 2 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 3 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 4 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Dash cam review: The Garmin Dash Cam 35 is a little bigger and better for the price
- Dash cam review: The Cobra CDR895D Drive HD offers affordable dual-channel video
- Dash cam review: The Thinkware F770 works with your smartphone
- Dash cam review: Garmin's DriveAssist 50LMT is first-class almost all the way
- Dash cam review: The Viofo A119 is a surprisingly good bargain
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTBrand Marketing Manager - Premium Entertainment BrandNSW
- FTSolutions Architect - Data Centre/ NetworkACT
- FTLevel 2 Help Desk SupportQLD
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Finance ConsultantWA
- FTFull Stack Web Developer - UI/UX - .NET or JAVANSW
- FTIT Procurement AdvisorQLD
- FTSystems AnalystSA
- CCSenior C++ Software EngineerVIC
- CCAutomation TesterNSW
- CCFIS Connex DeveloperQLD
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Functional Consultant Advanced Warehouse ManagementVIC
- CCPeoplesoft SpecialistACT
- CCDevops EngineerVIC
- FTFront End DeveloperVIC
- CCSenior Murex DeveloperVIC
- CCService Desk Consultant-Baseline Clearance RequiredNSW
- CCMicrosoft Active Directory ArchitectACT
- TPService Deliver ManagerQLD
- CCTest Specialist - NetworkVIC
- CCReporting AnalystVIC
- CCProgramme and Project SchedulerACT
- CCVirtualization ArchitectACT
- CCProject SchedulerNSW
- CCTechnical Business Analyst-DevOpsNSW
- FT.NET DEVELOPER | MID-SENIOR LEVEL | MEDIA INDUSTRYNSW