Samsung wants to cram faster and more power-efficient DDR4 DRAM in laptops and hybrids with new memory chips it introduced on Monday.
Google doubled the bounty it will pay for a successful exploit of its Chromebook laptop to US$100,000, sweetening the pot in hopes of drawing more attention from security researchers.
In a declining PC market, high-priced gaming desktops and laptops are thriving.
Users who have Dell Windows-based laptops, desktops, tablets and other devices that were bought before August should check if their systems have the self-signed eDellRoot certificate that can compromise their private communications.
Dell has toughened up the Google Chromebook for the business market.
Acer has come out with new Windows 10 laptops, and they'll arrive with low prices to compete against Google's Chromebooks.
Apple reported an unusual misstep in the April-to-June quarter, selling fewer iPhones than analysts had been expecting, but it wasn't all bad news from Cupertino.
Worldwide PC shipments in the second quarter of 2015 declined 11.8 percent compared to the same period a year ago, according to a report released by IDC on Thursday.
Lenovo's design chief has come up with a wacky idea for the ThinkPad--so wacky, it just might work.
Taiwan held its 35th annual Computex trade show this week, and the event hasn't aged well. There was little news to get excited about, the crowds were thinner, and there were no products on the show floor that generated the buzz seen in years past.
With the PC industry starting to adopt USB 3.1 technology, prices for cables that can connect to these products are also expected to rapidly fall, according to manufacturers.
With Microsoft ready to ship Windows 10 on July 29, PC makers are disclosing their plans to make the OS available to customers in new laptops and desktops or as a free OS upgrade from Windows 7 and 8.1.
Chip maker Mediatek is preparing to enter the laptop business, with the first Chromebooks based on its processors due to appear soon.
Microsoft will start shipping Windows 10 on July 29 for PCs and tablets. The upgrade includes the Cortana digital assistant, a whole host of new apps and the return of the start menu.
Nvidia is bringing its G-Sync desktop display technology to laptops, which should lead to dramatic improvements in gaming for portable PCs.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Mazda MX-5 (2016) review: Absolute driving purity
- 2 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 3 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 4 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
- 5 Microsoft Lumia 640 review: Honouring Nokia's legacy
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Kogan Mobile upgrades to 4G network
- Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- MIT uses 4D maps to help robot teams navigate moving obstacles
- A new AMD licensing deal could create more x86 rivals for Intel
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCBusiness Analyst, Loyalty projectsNSW
- CCFull Stack Developer - Java - Blue Chip CompanyNSW
- FTSenior DBA / Team LeadVIC
- CCAnalyst Programmer (JAVA/Windows Programming) 160428/AP/143Asia
- CCSCCM - SCOM - AD Systems EngineerNSW
- FTSystem EngineerACT
- CCSiebel AnalystACT
- CCChange ManagerNSW
- CCJava Developer (front end)WA
- FTDigital Sales Manager - Online MediaNSW
- FTPMO AnalystNSW
- CCSnr Technical System Engineer(IBM DB2/WebSphere)160419/STSE/vmtAsia
- CCData AnalystVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160505/AP/951Asia
- CCFront End DeveloperWA
- FTSenior Project Manager - Payroll IntegrationVIC
- FTInfrastructure Project ManagerACT
- FTSecurity Accreditation - IT Security AnalystACT
- FTDatabase Administrator / ArchitectNSW
- FTManager; Enterprise ArchitectureNSW
- CCSystems TrainerVIC
- CCSenior ICT Project OfficerACT
- FTService Coordinator/Scheduler | IT Managed Service ProviderVIC
- FTFront End DeveloperVIC
- FTNV2 Defence Project Manager | Prince2 & PMBoK shop | Huge project pipelineACT