Android and iOS tablets have come a long way, but for many users they're still not suitable laptop replacements. However, you can change that. These 12 gadgets each help bridge the gap between notebook PC and tablet.
HP's latest range of EliteBook business laptops and ZBook mobile workstations are much thinner and lighter than previous generations, with the ZBook range including the "world's first workstation Ultrabook".
The Chromebook can be a powerful workhorse -- here's how to replace your standard laptop for work
Google has announced the Google Chromecast, a small device that lets you stream online content and sync your phone, tablet or laptop with your TV.
If you're thinking of buying the cheap Medion Akoya E7220 (MD 98740) notebook, it pays to know what you're getting. Read through this slideshow and you'll know exactly what to expect.
A PC engineer was caught red-handed by an undercover TV reporter in a perfectly-executed sting - even though the journalist was investigating another matter.
Shipments of laptops rose by 43.4 per cent in the first three months of 2010, compared to the same period last year, according to market research company Gartner. A large part of the growth was due to a 71 percent bump in netbook sales, which Gartner...
If you have used a laptop computer, you are aware that they generate a substantial amount of heat. The battery is one of the components that generates the most heat, and in the case of specific batteries from HP, the heat may be enough to spark a fir...
Our crack staff of editors hit Las Vegas this week to cover the annual Consumer Electronics Show. We braved bedbugs, bad PR people, long taxi lines, and greasy convention-center food, all to find the hottest new gadgets and gear. We saw 3D HDTVs, tin...
Intel on Thursday introduced its next-generation of PC chips that could make laptops and desktops faster and more power efficient.
Acer will release a new laptop to coincide with Thursday's Windows 7 launch that can display movies and games in 3D while allowing everyday applications to appear in their usual 2D format.
Japanese laptop maker Kohjinsha is getting ready to ship a laptop that packs dual 10.1-inch LCD screens.
Apple Tuesday unveiled an entirely new lineup of laptop Macs, carved from blocks of aluminum for strength and lower costs, and equipped with powerful graphics chipsets.
Forget the sluggish economy. Worldwide demand for laptops is driving the PC market into an area of solid growth for the next several years, according to a study just released by IDC.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung's Galaxy Alpha review: A peek into the Galaxy S6
- 2 Samsung Galaxy Note 4 review: The busiest, biggest and best Samsung phablet
- 3 Aldi's $279 Bauhn Sphere review: Disappointing
- 4 Nokia Lumia 735 review: Perfectly ordinary
- 5 Bowers & Wilkins P5 (Series 2) review: For elegant sound
Best Deals on GoodGearGuide
Latest News Articles
- Tablet craze calms down as iPad shipments decline
- DT and Informatica service links cloud, on-premises apps, data
- Twitter, in time for the holidays, puts digital coupons in your feed
- Bitdefender security appliance for home networks seeks to replace end-point antivirus
- Pew poll: Limited knowledge on privacy policies, more on net neutrality
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTPartnership Manager - MediaNSW
- FTProgram Manager - Integration & SolutionsNSW
- CCTech Support | IT Services Firm - Ad hoc Projects - Echuca AreaVIC
- CCStrategic Partner ManagerNSW
- FTMarketing Solutions ManagerNSW
- FTDigital Account ManagerNSW
- FTSEO Content ExecutiveVIC
- FTStudio Design ManagerVIC
- CCTech Support | IT Services Firm - Ad hoc Projects - Port Augusta / Whyalla AreaSA
- FTStudio Design ManagerVIC
- FTAccount ExecutiveNSW
- FTChief Information Officer - CSIROACT