The Multicore Association is establishing specifications for a programming model that will reduce the complexity involved in writing software for multicore chips used in smartphones, tablets and other embedded systems.
The widely used C++ programming language is about to be updated, as the ISO steering committee for the language has approved the final draft specifying its next version.
Java founder James Gosling has taken a job with Google, he revealed in a blog post on Monday.
Oracle wants help in figuring out what should go into Java Development Kit 8, the next-generation development platform for the programming language.
The specification for the next version of Java Enterprise Edition has been approved unanimously, <a href="http://jcp.org/en/jsr/results?id=5162">according to a posting</a> on the Java Community Process website.
Later this year, Oracle will begin requiring people interested in gaining Java and Solaris certifications to attend "hands-on" training courses, at an additional cost of thousands of dollars.
Those curious about the final release date for the hotly debated HTML5 need wonder no more: The W3C (World Wide Web Consortium) plans to finalize the standard by July 2014, the organization announced Monday.
Google is developing a set of extensions for Java that should aid in better securing Java programs against buffer overflow attacks.
Oracle has issued an emergency patch for a Java vulnerability that can cause systems to hang and that can be exploited by remote attackers without authentication.
Oracle has issued a set of draft bylaws that it hopes will guide the process of developing its preferred open-source version of the Java programming language, the OpenJDK.
Trailing the last volume he published by 38 years, computer science pioneer Donald Knuth has released the first part of volume four of his widely respected series of books, "The Art of Computer Programming."
Oracle has nominated Brazilian user group SouJava to fill the vacancy left by the Apache Software Foundation on the Java SE/EE executive committee.
Oracle is limiting the development of Java by focusing the future development of the language on enterprise use, to the detriment of a wider, more diverse Java community, charged a pair of analysts at Forrester Research.
Micro Focus on Thursday announced it is extending its Cobol platform to Java and the Microsoft Windows Azure cloud platform, with the launch of Micro Focus Visual Cobol R3.
Micro Focus has updated its developer platform for the Cobol programming language, adding the ability to run Cobol applications on Microsoft's Azure cloud service.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Subaru XV 2017 review
- 2 Samsung 2017 QLED Q7 TV: Full, in-depth review
- 3 Kogan Atlas UltraSlim Pro laptop: full, in-depth review
- 4 Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming 5 AMD Ryzen AM4 motherboard review
- 5 Kogan curved 4K UHD 55-inch LED LCD TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Logitech's G410 mechanical keyboard is $60 today
- Leaked Microsoft document confirms Windows 10 Cloud and a Chromebook competitor
- Radeon RX 480 owners are transforming their graphics cards into the Radeon RX 580
- EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2 review: A ferocious graphics card with a radical cooler
- Why getting the basics right in ITSM is the real advantage for businesses
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- CCUser ResearchNSW
- FTCRM Technical Specialist (Oracle Eloqua)QLD
- CCTest Analyst - Oracle CC&BVIC
- FTICT Program Manager- Transformation - Gov backgroundNSW
- CCAutomation DeveloperNSW
- TPPrincipal Project Officer - ReportingQLD
- CCNetwork Engineer FIFO WeipaQLD
- TPApplication Support EngineerQLD
- CCCitrix SpecialistACT
- CCVisual DesignerACT
- FTHealthcare Application Integration SupportQLD
- TPReports Developer SSRS / SSISVIC
- FTProject Manager - Multiple rolesQLD
- FTCitrix Engineer/Designer - AWS experience essentialNSW
- TPBI & Report Developer (SQL Developer)QLD
- CCSoftware Licencing SpecialistNSW
- TPBusiness Project Manager - DigitalNSW
- FTSecurity Architect - Perth BasedQLD
- CCSenior Business AnalystNSW
- FTCapacity ManagerACT
- FTProduct Manager - FintechNSW
- FTSenior Systems EngineerNSW
- FTData Analyst - GISQLD
- CCSAP ISU Technical ConsultantVIC
- FTProcurement AdvisorQLD