Facebook has done an extreme makeover of its user profiles, redesigning the interface so that it's easy to surface not only recent updates but also years-old information, the company announced at its F8 developer conference on Thursday.
Microsoft will release a CTP (Community Technology Preview) of a new type of compiler its researchers have been building, code-named Project Roslyn, the company executive overseeing the C# programming language announced Thursday.
In an attempt to enliven staid business applications, development tools vendor Embarcadero has updated its RAD Studio IDE (integrated developer environment) for Delphi and C++ applications, the company announced Friday.
The start of the trial in Oracle's lawsuit against Google over alleged Java copyright and patent violations in the Android mobile OS could be delayed, according to a judge's ruling issued Monday in U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Cal...
Hoping to broaden the input from users, the World Wide Web Consortium (W3C) has established two new virtual working spaces for individuals and organizations to develop specifications, the organization announced Tuesday.
Google and Oracle continue to tussle over a potentially damaging e-mail in the ongoing lawsuit over alleged Java patent violations in the Android mobile OS.
Google wants a judge to throw out Java copyright infringement claims Oracle has lodged against the Android mobile OS, based partly on 17-year-old testimony from an unlikely source: Google executive chairman and former CEO Eric Schmidt.
Google wants the judge overseeing the lawsuit Oracle filed over the Android mobile OS to redact a potentially damaging e-mail written by a Google employee, saying it was supposed to remain confidential and that Oracle wrongly revealed it.
In what is the first major update to the programming language in more than five years, Oracle has shipped Java Platform Standard Edition 7 (Java SE 7), the company announced Thursday.
Wolfram Research, the maker of the popular Mathematica computational software, has released a new platform for visualizing and interacting with complex data sets, the company announced Thursday.
Oracle wants to put Google CEO Larry Page on the hot seat in the companies' intellectual property lawsuit over the Android mobile operating system, according to a court filing made late Thursday by the companies.
It "appears possible" that Google knew that its Android mobile operating system would violate Java patents held by Oracle, but decided to go ahead with the effort anyway, the judge overseeing the companies' intellectual property lawsuit said in a let...
The W3C (World Wide Web Consortium) is seeking to invalidate a pair of Apple patents so the underlying technologies can be used as part of a royalty-free HTML5 stack.
Oracle has issued the first release candidate of Java Standard Edition version 7.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 LG 65-inch UHD TV (65UF950T) review
- 2 Playing chicken with a Tesla Model S
- 3 Audi TT (2015) review: A smarter take on the sports coupe
- 4 Microsoft Lumia 640 review: Honouring Nokia's legacy
- 5 Apple Watch review: saving time
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Deals on Good Gear Guide
- Networking, Wireless & VoIP
Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Oracle gets September trial date against Rimini Street
- Inside Australia's most exclusive car club
- Data center group tightens certification rules for service providers
- Facebook to use all renewable energy in its next data center
- Google's self-driving cars are taking a road trip to Texas
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCInternal Communications ExecutiveNSW
- FTSenior Account Manager - PR AgencyNSW
- CCInternal Communications AdvisorNSW
- FTTechnical Sales Support Representative - The Worlds largest Search Engine!NSW
- FTMedia and Communications AdvisorACT
- FTPR & Corporate Affairs ManagerNSW
- CCSenior Drupal DeveloperNSW
- FTAccount Manager - PR AgencyNSW
- CCDrupal DeveloperNSW