Facebook has done an extreme makeover of its user profiles, redesigning the interface so that it's easy to surface not only recent updates but also years-old information, the company announced at its F8 developer conference on Thursday.
Microsoft will release a CTP (Community Technology Preview) of a new type of compiler its researchers have been building, code-named Project Roslyn, the company executive overseeing the C# programming language announced Thursday.
In an attempt to enliven staid business applications, development tools vendor Embarcadero has updated its RAD Studio IDE (integrated developer environment) for Delphi and C++ applications, the company announced Friday.
The start of the trial in Oracle's lawsuit against Google over alleged Java copyright and patent violations in the Android mobile OS could be delayed, according to a judge's ruling issued Monday in U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Cal...
Hoping to broaden the input from users, the World Wide Web Consortium (W3C) has established two new virtual working spaces for individuals and organizations to develop specifications, the organization announced Tuesday.
Google and Oracle continue to tussle over a potentially damaging e-mail in the ongoing lawsuit over alleged Java patent violations in the Android mobile OS.
Google wants a judge to throw out Java copyright infringement claims Oracle has lodged against the Android mobile OS, based partly on 17-year-old testimony from an unlikely source: Google executive chairman and former CEO Eric Schmidt.
Google wants the judge overseeing the lawsuit Oracle filed over the Android mobile OS to redact a potentially damaging e-mail written by a Google employee, saying it was supposed to remain confidential and that Oracle wrongly revealed it.
In what is the first major update to the programming language in more than five years, Oracle has shipped Java Platform Standard Edition 7 (Java SE 7), the company announced Thursday.
Wolfram Research, the maker of the popular Mathematica computational software, has released a new platform for visualizing and interacting with complex data sets, the company announced Thursday.
Oracle wants to put Google CEO Larry Page on the hot seat in the companies' intellectual property lawsuit over the Android mobile operating system, according to a court filing made late Thursday by the companies.
It "appears possible" that Google knew that its Android mobile operating system would violate Java patents held by Oracle, but decided to go ahead with the effort anyway, the judge overseeing the companies' intellectual property lawsuit said in a let...
The W3C (World Wide Web Consortium) is seeking to invalidate a pair of Apple patents so the underlying technologies can be used as part of a royalty-free HTML5 stack.
Oracle has issued the first release candidate of Java Standard Edition version 7.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Star Wars Death Star Bluetooth levitating rotating speaker review
- 2 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 3 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 4 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- All new Chromebooks will get Android app support
- The Asus Tinker Board is a powerful Raspberry Pi rival that plays 4K video
- Torment: Tides of Numenera preview: This is the bizarre follow-up Planescape deserves
- Moving Steam games to a different folder or hard drive is finally easy
- PC World Test rig 2017
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTBrand Marketing Manager - Premium Entertainment BrandNSW
- CCSenior Java DeveloperNSW
- FTPerformance Reporting AnalystNSW
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Finance ConsultantNSW
- CCSenior Applications Project Manager - Office 365QLD
- FTCheckpoint Firewall and VPNNSW
- CCJunior Project ManagerQLD
- TPPMO SchedulerNSW
- CCVMWare Automation ArchitectACT
- TPSolution ArchitectVIC
- TPDrupal Developer - Immediate startQLD
- CCProject Manager - TelcoVIC
- FTManager Integration PlanningNSW
- CCSenior Business AnalystNSW
- CCWeb Architect - Ruby, Python, Java, Open sourceNSW
- CCEnterprise Solution Architect - Customer Experience PlatformsNSW
- TPICT - Contracts and Commercial AnalystQLD
- TPSenior Test Analyst - DETEQLD
- CCSenior PMO Analyst - ReportingNSW
- TPProjects Planning ManagerQLD
- CCCapacity and Performance Analyst - Mainframe - Z SystemsVIC
- CCAccessability TesterACT
- FTSolutions Architect - Data Centre/ NetworkQLD
- FTSecurity Solutions Architect - Consultancy - Permanent - Sydney CBDNSW