Web apps and pages may soon get a speed boost to rival the performance of native desktop and mobile applications, thanks to a new standards initiative from Microsoft, Google and Mozilla.
Languages and standards
Apple had lots to offer developers at this year's Worldwide Developers Conference keynote. Headline improvements included a new version of the soon to be open sourced Swift programming language and upgraded frameworks for creating more advanced Watch...
Amazon Web Services has announced the first Developer Preview of its SDK for the Go programming language, giving developers who want to integrate cloud services in their apps more choice.
IT departments have long relied on log data to help keep systems up and running, but they're not the only ones who can benefit from these vast stores of information. A new analytics language from Logentries could help managers tap log data to gain in...
Emojis: Kids may love their simplicity, but programmers will loathe their complexities.
Thanks to computers and the Internet, everyone is playing games these days.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 Mazda MX-5 (2016) review: Absolute driving purity
- 3 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 4 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Modular cellphone kit can be used for IoT and wearables
- Now that AI has mastered 'Go,' are all our jobs next?
- Make a $40 Linux or Android PC with new Raspberry Pi 2 rival
- Researcher finds serious flaw in Chromium-based Avast SafeZone browser
- Dridex banking malware mysteriously hijacked to distribute antivirus program
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCRecords Officer - CanberraACT
- CCSolution Design EngineerACT
- CCOracle CC&B Technical AnalystVIC
- CCUser Experience Designer - BaselineACT
- FTNetwork Engineer | Canberra | NV1 NV2 clearance | Defence projectsVIC
- FTSolution ArchitectNSW
- CCMVC .Net Developer- Hurstville NSW 2220NSW
- FTLinux AdministratorVIC
- CCCommercial Manager - Strategy / Big Data - Telecommunications -NSW
- FTPrograme ManagerNSW
- FTNetwork Systems LeadVIC
- CCMultiple Java rolesACT
- FTSystems Engineer / Administrator - Managed ServicesNSW
- FTProject Manager | Defence projects | NV1/NV2 cleared | Canberra basedACT
- CCTest AnalystACT
- CCDigital ProducerNSW
- CCImmediate iOS Developer Required - Contract - SydneyNSW
- FTOracle System Integration Engineer - CANBERRASA
- FTSenior Business Analyst - Oracle ProcurementSA
- FTSoftware Developer - Ruby on RailsNSW
- CCSenior Business AnalystNSW
- CCSenior Business AnalystQLD
- CCOracle Project OfficerSA
- CCSenior Business Analyst, Loyalty SystemsNSW
- FTNetwork EngineerNSW