Web apps and pages may soon get a speed boost to rival the performance of native desktop and mobile applications, thanks to a new standards initiative from Microsoft, Google and Mozilla.
Languages and standards
Apple had lots to offer developers at this year's Worldwide Developers Conference keynote. Headline improvements included a new version of the soon to be open sourced Swift programming language and upgraded frameworks for creating more advanced Watch...
Amazon Web Services has announced the first Developer Preview of its SDK for the Go programming language, giving developers who want to integrate cloud services in their apps more choice.
IT departments have long relied on log data to help keep systems up and running, but they're not the only ones who can benefit from these vast stores of information. A new analytics language from Logentries could help managers tap log data to gain in...
Emojis: Kids may love their simplicity, but programmers will loathe their complexities.
Thanks to computers and the Internet, everyone is playing games these days.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 2 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 3 Parrot Mambo Drone review
- 4 Evapolar USB air conditioner review
- 5 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Gallipoli is now an amazing video game
- Battlefield 1 review: Familiar multiplayer wedded to a brilliant WWI campaign
- Microsoft rescues disheveled lady Skypers with its TeleBeauty virtual makeup app
- Samsung releases super-high-capacity 8GB DRAM
- Mars lander goes silent, but scientists remain hopeful
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- TV buying guide: What to look for when buying a TV in 2016
- Best iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus plans: Optus vs Telstra vs Vodafone vs Virgin
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- CCSenior Web DeveloperNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/SQL/Web) 161026/AP/632Asia
- CCProject ManagerVIC
- CCAcquisition Marketing Executive - B2BNSW
- CCContract Systems Analyst (SQL/Web) 161027/SA/842Asia
- CCTesting Capability LeadNSW
- FTData Governance Project Manager | 6 month ContractNSW
- CCMobile Developers (IOS and Android)QLD
- CCOracle SOA DeveloperNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (Web Programming) 161013/AP/185Asia
- PTService Management AnalystSA
- CCData ScientistVIC
- FTGateway ManagerACT
- CCTest Engineer - .NETNSW
- FTSenior MS Dynamics CRM ConsultantSA
- CCQlikview DeveloperNSW
- FTProject ManagerSA
- CCSAP FunctionalistACT
- CCManager of Pricing and AnalyticsVIC
- CCJava Developers - Federal Government experienceNSW
- FTSoftware Developers - .Net 4.6NSW
- CCContract Junior Programmer (PC LAN Support) 161028/JP/203Asia
- CC.Net Sitecore DeveloperVIC
- CCSenior Business Analyst, Margin ProjectsNSW
- CCContract IT Assistant (UNIX/Windows) 161028/ITA/003Asia