Broadcom and Freescale Semiconductor have announced switching platforms that promise to improve the performance of network virtualization and make the underlying technologies more widely available.
Cisco Systems released new firmware versions for some of its small business routers and wireless LAN controllers in order to address vulnerabilities that could allow remote attackers to compromise the vulnerable devices or affect their availability.
Cisco Systems has released security patches for authentication bypass, command execution and denial-of-service vulnerabilities affecting products that use its Adaptive Security Appliance (ASA) software, as well as the Cisco Catalyst 6500 series switc...
The third annual Open Networking Summit, an SDN conference organized by the Open Networking Foundation, convened this week just after ONF members Cisco and IBM unveiled a separate effort to define an open source SDN framework.
Huawei Technologies' enterprise division is ramping up its European presence, helped by the announcement this week that SAP has certified the company's servers to run its HANA in-memory platform. Such deals with SAP and other big software vendors wil...
Picture this: You're sitting down
Home is where the network is: That's the mantra of networking vendors at the Consumer Electronics Show 2011 in Las Vegas this week.
Security should be the first consideration for any IT department about to implement voice over IP on a local-area network, an executive with an equipment manufacturer says.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 2 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 3 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 4 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
- 5 Microsoft Lumia 640 review: Honouring Nokia's legacy
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Seagate 8TB NAS drive: Review
- Seagate ST1000LX001 review
- Report: Microsoft could debut Xbox One game streaming stick and 'Xbox TV' at E3
- This sticker can wirelessly charge your smartphone or tablet
- Microsoft breaks own design rules in dupe-the-user Windows 10 upgrade tactic
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCEnd to End Project Manager - PMO and GovernanceVIC
- FTSenior Systems EngineerACT
- CCData Center ArchitectNSW
- CCTechnical Solutions Specialist - Software Developer (Client facing)NSW
- CCICT Fleet and Equipment Audit ResourcesSA
- CCMultiple .Net DevelopersNSW
- CCTechnology Lead / Senior Developer - Java (Urgent)NSW
- FTAX Lead Functional ConsultantNSW
- CCSQL DeveloperNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst, ReportingNSW
- CCSenior Portfolio Analyst - Risk and MetricsNSW
- CCSoftware Engineer (Client facing) - Publisher SolutionsNSW
- FTBusiness Systems Architect - Technical LeadershipWA
- CCSenior Service Desk ManagerNSW
- FTPerformance Test AnalystNSW
- CCSystems Engineer - Wintel, VMWare and CitrixNSW
- CCSAP Project ManagersNSW
- CCIT Change CoordinatorNSW
- CCProject Manager/Iteration ManagerVIC
- FTSenior .NET DeveloperWA
- CCMicrosoft System Engineer - NV1ACT
- CCContract Systems Analyst (JAVA/Oracle/Web) 160603/SA/871Asia
- CCSenior Automation & Performance EngineerVIC
- CCSenior Business AnalystVIC
- CCFront end and Full Stack DevelopersNSW