South Korean carrier KT has said it wants to launch the first 5G network at the 2018 Winter Olympics in PyeongChang. On Thursday, KT announced a successful trial of one potential 5G technology in that mountain resort region.
What happens if you combine the best of Wi-Fi and cellular networks? In South Korea, consumers get gigabit-speed service to their phones.
A slower but more frugal version of LTE that has been customized for the Internet of Things will be demoed at Mobile World Congress next month.
The dream of an Internet of things could turn into a nightmare for mobile operators, if sloppily written apps or chatty smartmeters were to overload their networks with signaling traffic. To avert such a scenario, a number of operators are backing a ...
Chip vendors and device makers are readying the smartphones, hotspots and cars that will let users eventually enjoy higher download speeds with LTE-Advanced.
More subscribers, networks with better coverage and devices that can be used in more countries are converging to make LTE roaming a more viable proposition, with some operators already offering such services on a limited scale and more on the way.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Star Wars Death Star Bluetooth levitating rotating speaker review
- 2 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 3 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 4 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft's vision for LinkedIn is about tying its business data into Office and other services
- Facebook's Year in Review for 2016 isn't just fun and games
- AMD's Radeon Software Crimson ReLive debuts with features galore
- Intel, Microsoft renew 'Wintel' partnership with Project Evo and VR specs for PCs
- New Windows 10 Insider Build allows you to shut down your PC with your voice
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTFull Stack PHP DeveloperQLD
- FTMid Level .Net DeveloperNSW
- FTJunior Business Analyst Permanent North SydneyNSW
- CCSolutions Designer/Architect- ServiceNowVIC
- TPBusiness Change ManagerQLD
- FTSAP Finance Consultant (Consolidations)ACT
- FTSolutions Architect - Data Centre/ NetworkACT
- CCInfrastructure Project ManagerNSW
- FTTechnical Business AnalystNSW
- FTTechnical Business AnalystNSW
- FTSolutions Architect - Data Centre/ NetworkSA
- TPSAP FICO Functional AnalystQLD
- TPTechnical Specialist, Identity and Acess ManagementVIC
- FTLead Front End DeveloperVIC
- TPNetwork EngineerVIC
- CCAgile Iteration ManagerNSW
- CCSecurity SpecialistVIC
- FTIT Information Security AdvisorNSW
- FTSecurity Delivery Manager l Security, Governance, Delivery & OperationNSW
- CCTechnical SpecialistNSW
- CCSenior Business AnalystNSW
- TPSenior Business Analyst - HRISQLD
- TPHRIS Project Delivery ManagerQLD
- FT2nd Line Engineer - CitrixVIC
- CCMiddleware SpecialistACT