What happens if you combine the best of Wi-Fi and cellular networks? In South Korea, consumers get gigabit-speed service to their phones.
A slower but more frugal version of LTE that has been customized for the Internet of Things will be demoed at Mobile World Congress next month.
The dream of an Internet of things could turn into a nightmare for mobile operators, if sloppily written apps or chatty smartmeters were to overload their networks with signaling traffic. To avert such a scenario, a number of operators are backing a ...
Chip vendors and device makers are readying the smartphones, hotspots and cars that will let users eventually enjoy higher download speeds with LTE-Advanced.
The largest mobile operators in China, Japan, and Korea have agreed on common standards for touch-card technology, clearing the way for travellers across East Asia to user their phones for travel and payments.
More subscribers, networks with better coverage and devices that can be used in more countries are converging to make LTE roaming a more viable proposition, with some operators already offering such services on a limited scale and more on the way.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 Mazda MX-5 (2016) review: Absolute driving purity
- 3 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 4 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Critical VPN key exchange flaw exposes Cisco security appliances to remote hacking
- Qualcomm bringing LTE connectivity to wearables with new Wear platform
- Qualcomm's new chips target low-cost smartphones with premium features
- Facebook withdraws Free Basics from India after regulatory debacle
- Twitter offers new timeline feature
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTDigital Marketing Specialist | Media BuyerNSW
- CCSAP Primavera Functional ConsultantNSW
- CCProject ManagerSA
- FTSenior Unified Communications Consultant - National IT ServicesNSW
- FTManual Software TesterNSW
- FTSystems Administrator/Engineer | $60-90K package | ChatswoodNSW
- CCSenior Business AnalystACT
- FTFraud AnalystVIC
- CCData Migration SpecialistQLD
- CCProgram Manager - Big Data - Telecommunications - UrgentNSW
- FTJava or Ruby Web DeveloperVIC
- FTSolution ArchitectNSW
- FTSenior Consultant | Project work | National Systems IntegratorNSW
- FTAndroid DeveloperNSW
- CCMultiple Senior Business Analyst opportunitiesSA
- CCData AnalystNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst - Scrum/Pega SystemsNSW
- FTUI DeveloperNSW
- FTIT Project ManagerSA
- CC.NET DeveloperACT
- CCiOS Developer - New AppNSW
- CCSystem TesterQLD
- CCAutomation QAVIC
- CCCisco Program Manager - Data Centre/Security ImplementationNSW
- CCSenior Project Manager - Cloud / Telecommunications (Melb CBD)VIC