Has Dell gone bonkers or is the Venue 8 a reimagining of the popular slate?
A full sized-tablet in 8-inch clothing.
Leaving Galaxys in its rear view.
All things a smartphone should be and nothing more
Finally, a flagship from the third largest smartphone company in the world
KitKat in pictures
Sony's latest tablet has the competition against the ropes. It is faster, lighter, tougher and prettier than most. But that doesn't make it perfect.
HTC's latest flagship will go on sale before Samsung's Galaxy S5, and the One (M8) will cost you less if you buy it from Optus or Vodafone. Does this make the One (M8) the bargain of the year?
Online retailer Kogan has dropped the price of its Agora 4G smartphone following the unveiling of the Agora 4G+.
Coles is stocking a 7-inch Android tablet priced at $49. The slate is from Pendo, the same company that shook up the Windows tablet space with the $199 Pendo Pad 8.
Sweeping changes are being made to AldiMobile with revised plans, improved network speeds and the launch of a 5in smartphone in the lead up to Christmas.
Updated pricing: Samsung has delayed the launch of its Galaxy Note 4 and Note Edge phablets in Australia. The Note 4 was originally scheduled for release on 29 October, with the Note Edge due to follow on 5 November.
This week Apple treaded on Samsung’s territory with the release of its first phablet, the iPhone 6 Plus. Samsung pioneered the phablet category three years ago with the original Note, and now it is being forced to defend its share of the market.
LG has put forward its flagship smartphone contender, the G3, and it is a beaut. A 5.5in Android smartphone clad in aluminium with display technologies superior to what’s available today. But LG has made great phones before, and they’ve lingered beh...
Savage competition has seen the gap separating Apple’s iPad from a slew of Android tablets close. This comparison takes the two most competitive tablets, Samsung’s Galaxy NotePro 12.2 and Sony’s Xperia Z2 Tablet, and measures how they stand next to A...
Flagships from the leading Android manufacturers are on sale now in Australia. There’s the 5.2in Xperia Z2 from Sony, the 5.1in Galaxy S5 from Samsung and the 5in One (M8) from HTC. All three are fantastic choices, but one of them will go down as an ...
If you’re not a fan of Samsung’s TouchWiz overlay, then you are in for a treat. This article details how you can ditch Samsung's overlay in favour of the Google Experience launcher native to stock Android devices. Best of all, the simple process won’...
Samsung's Galaxy S5 bristles with features. Some we care very little for, but others make it one of the best smartphones available on shop shelves today. Here are the top 5 reasons to love the Samsung Galaxy S5.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Subaru XV 2017 review
- 2 Samsung 2017 QLED Q7 TV: Full, in-depth review
- 3 Kogan Atlas UltraSlim Pro laptop: full, in-depth review
- 4 Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming 5 AMD Ryzen AM4 motherboard review
- 5 Kogan curved 4K UHD 55-inch LED LCD TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Acer's Aspire GX comes out of nowhere to be the first prebuilt Ryzen PC from a major vendor
- Acer's Nitro 5 is a laptop that lets casual gamers get reckless
- Newegg has lowered the price of HP's Stream 11 Pro G2 to $180
- Acer's Predator X27 G-Sync HDR monitor is infused with every feature you could ask for
- How to find the Windows 10 Creators Update's hidden desktop themes
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- CCSecurity ConsultantVIC
- CCSCCM EngineerNSW
- TPSenior Full-Stack DeveloperSA
- CCTechnical Business Analyst - Infrastructure - VirtualizationNSW
- FTSenior Project Manager - (Customer Platforms)NSW
- FTSenior Security SpecialistNSW
- FTTechnical ConsultantACT
- CCCommercial ManagerVIC
- CCSenior Full-Stack Developer (Digital Transformation Project)QLD
- FTInfrastructure Project Manager Office 365 ImplementationVIC
- CCSenior Policy OfficerNSW
- CCBusiness AnalystVIC
- CCApplication Developer - Datastage & SQL ServerVIC
- FTBusiness AnalystACT
- FTFrontend DeveloperNSW
- FTSecurity AnalystACT
- TPSecurity Controls Specialist - ISO 27002VIC
- CCServer SOE EngineerACT
- FTBusiness Analyst - BI, Analytics & Big DataNSW
- FTTechnical SpecialistACT
- TPBusiness Project Manager - DigitalNSW
- FTSenior Business Analyst, Wealth InvestmentNSW
- FTUI/UX DesignerSA
- CCNetwork Design SpecialistNSW
- FTData Entry Administrator - TelecommunicationsNSW