A new generation of small tablets has reinvented entertainment on the go, but which is best? Find out now and gear up for holiday gift-buying
The latest Barnes & Noble Nook e-reader is getting a lot of positive buzz, and for good reason. It's thin and light, has a touchscreen interface that's easy to navigate, and is priced the same (US$139, Wi-Fi) as Amazon's industry-leading Kindle.
If you pride yourself on being a bit of a bookworm, you need to buy an e-reader – end of story. While basic E-Ink models continue to enter the marketplace, the category has morphed to include all manner of fancy tools and features: from inbuilt WiFi ...
Are you still holding out to see what happens with this whole ebooks "fad" before deciding whether to embrace it for your business? Well, the times they are a changin' and there are a variety of reasons that ebooks are outpacing printed books.
If the iPad doesn't succeed as a consumer electronics device--its initial target market--it may find a successful second career as an electronic textbook reader.
If you're concerned about the privacy implications of reading digital books, take a look at a nice guide put up yesterday by the Electronic Frontier Foundation.
E-books may have been a niche technology so far, but Google Inc.'s entry into the market could burst the online business wide open.
Move over, Kindle, a new e-book reader is in town -- and it's coming from a newcomer to the consumer electronics universe. Britain-based Interead is the first company beyond heavyweights Amazon and Sony to offer both a hardware reader and a sales pip...
If the excitement leading up to the introduction of the Kindle DX is any indication, you'd think Amazon would have the e-book market wrapped up and ready to deliver with a tidy pink bow.
Is Apple's rumored "mediapad" entertainment device a threat to Amazon's Kindle e-book reader? I think it is, but the only people who may care are current Kindle owners, some of whom may end up wishing they had waited on their purchase.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 2 Mazda MX-5 (2016) review: Absolute driving purity
- 3 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 4 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- nbn on track to meet its financial year plan: Bill Morrow
- Roving Rachel's best crowd-funded travel products that are online right now
- Foxtel, Village and ISPs yet to agree on the cost of blocking pirate sites
- Why Microsoft won't extend the Windows 10 free upgrade offer
- Samsung's Raspberry Pi-like Artik 10 priced higher at $149.99
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTFunctional Kronos ConsultantNSW
- CCCommunication and Change ManagerVIC
- CCAzure DeveloperNSW
- CCWeb AdministratorACT
- FTTechnical/Solutions ArchitectNSW
- CCEnvironment ManagerVIC
- CCHealthcare Test SpecialistSA
- CCNV1 | System admin with SQL server experience for Defence Application SupportACT
- CCSharepoint DeveloperVIC
- CCSenior Master Data OfficerNSW
- CCSenior Project ManagerVIC
- FTSenior Revenue Systems Functional AnalystSA
- FTMultiple opportunities for Front and Back end Web DevelopersVIC
- FTSenior Application SpecialistACT
- FTFront End DeveloperVIC
- CCICT Transformation Project Manager- University, Education bckgNSW
- CCChange ManagerNSW
- CCFull Stack Developer - Java - Blue Chip CompanyNSW
- CCSenior Java Analyst / AdministratorACT
- CCHastus AdministratorVIC
- CCProject ManagerVIC
- CCProject Coordinator- PRINCE2 & Portal/Website/Digital bckgNSW
- CCSenior Project Manager, Technology Upgrade & RefreshNSW
- CCBusiness Data AnalystVIC