A lopsided vote in the U.S. House of Representatives this week to rein in the National Security Agency's domestic telephone records dragnet won muted praise, with many supporters calling on Congress to take stronger action.
The White House heads west to Silicon Valley on Friday looking for ideas on how to improve the nation's cybersecurity, and members of President Barack Obama's administration are likely to get an earful.
U.S. Senator Patrick Leahy has introduced a new version of a bill to rein in the National Security Agency's bulk collection of U.S. phone records in an effort to strengthen legislation that passed the House of Representatives this year.
The U.S government can take action to slow the calls in other countries to abandon U.S. tech vendors following revelations about widespread National Security Agency surveillance, some tech representatives said Friday.
A U.S. National Security Agency surveillance program targeting foreign terrorism suspects does what Congress intended it to do, members of a government privacy oversight board said Wednesday, defending their report that finds the spying legal and eff...
After six months of contentious debate over U.S. National Security Agency surveillance programs, prompted by leaks from former government contractor Edward Snowden, the third week in December may have marked a major turning point.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 3 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 4 Panasonic Viera DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review
- 5 Parrot Mambo Drone review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Star Wars Death Star Bluetooth levitating rotating speaker review
- Smartwatches wear out their welcome with Motorola
- The mysteries of the GPU in Apple's iPhone 7 are unlocked
- Apple reportedly betting on drones and indoor data to make Maps better
- Apple now takes your old Apple Watch for free recycling
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Best phone of the year 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- CCProject Manager - Software DevelopmentQLD
- FTOracle IDM R1/R2 Implementation SpecialistNSW
- CCCX Performance & Insights AnalystNSW
- FTWeb Developer/ DesignerACT
- FTSAP Finance Consultant (Consolidations)ACT
- FTMigration ArchitectSA
- CCSenior PHP DeveloperNSW
- FTEnterprise Account ManagerACT
- CCSecurity Consultant (Perth CBD based)VIC
- TPSenior Software EngineerQLD
- TP.NET Developer (Sitecore)QLD
- TPAEM Developer (frontend)NSW
- CCSAP HR/Payroll Training Manager / Instructional DesignerNSW
- FTService Lifecycle Management LeadVIC
- FTSenior Manager AnalyticsVIC
- FTDevOps/L2 Support EngineerVIC
- TPSenior Business AnalystQLD
- CCWeb Developer - Financial MarketsNSW
- CCAccount Executive - SMEVIC
- CCSenior Front End Wed DeveloperQLD
- CCAngular DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior UX DesignerNSW
- FTSenior Reporting Data Analyst - TelcoVIC
- FTService Desk Analyst / Security EngineerQLD
- FTPractice AdvisorACT