Sony's president says he wasn't completely surprised by Nvidia's announcement that it plans to launch an Android-based portable gaming device.
Sony's new portable PlayStation Vita game system will go on sale in Japan by the end of this year, then launch in the U.S. and Europe in early 2012, a company executive said Thursday.
Sony's top executive in charge of its games division appeared in front of journalists in Tokyo on Tuesday but failed to address an outage of the company's PlayStation Network that is now in its sixth day and is affecting up to 75 million customers.
The major refresh of the PlayStation Portable unveiled on Thursday is the result of a two-year effort to rethink the basic gaming platform, according to Kaz Hirai, chairman of Sony Computer Entertainment.
Sony will launch the much anticipated successor to its PlayStation Portable later this year, the company said Thursday.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 2 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 3 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 4 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
- 5 Microsoft Lumia 640 review: Honouring Nokia's legacy
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Synology DS216+ Review
- Microsoft dials back Windows 10 upgrades to 2X a year
- No more passwords with Google's Trust API
- Spotify takes on Apple and Google with family plan
- How to go back to Windows 7 or 8 after an unwanted Windows 10 upgrade
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCSenior BA - Enterprise DataNSW
- CCNetwork Access Specialist - Telecommunications (Apply now)!!NSW
- FT.NET Developer (Angular JS/ SQL)WA
- FTNV1, NV2 Network Engineers | Permanent role with diverse Defence projectsACT
- CCMultiple .Net DevelopersNSW
- CCCloud Service Solution LeadVIC
- CCOracle DBA | 3-6mth ContractVIC
- FTSoftware DeveloperSA
- CCSolution ArchitectACT
- FTIT Support - Level 1NSW
- CCChange Manager- Success Factors/HCMNSW
- CCProgram Business Implementation Director- HR Payroll, FINSW
- CCSr. Net DeveloperVIC
- CCSenior Network Engineer - NV1ACT
- FTSenior Network Engineer - Technical LeadACT
- CCNetwork Architect VoiceNSW
- CCProject CoordinatorACT
- CCIteration Manager/Agile Project ManagerNSW
- CCMobility SpcialistACT
- FTFunctional Business AnalystNSW
- CCBI/Information/Data/Solution ArchitectNSW
- CCSkilled Sitecore / .NET DeveloperNSW
- CCSr Service ManagementACT
- CCLMS Administrator and e- Learning Development Project OfficerSA
- FTManager, Applications SpecialistNSW