Responding to allegations from anonymous ex-employees, security firm Kaspersky Lab has denied planting misleading information in its public virus reports as a way to foil competitors.
Spies working for the U.S. National Security Agency and its British counterpart found anti-virus and security software a hindrance to their intelligence gathering processes, and worked to thwart it, according to a report Monday in The Intercept.
A critical vulnerability affecting most Apple Mac models has been discovered that could enable attackers to overwrite firmware and gain persistent root access to computers.
Security firm Kaspersky Lab said patent firm Lodsys had withdrawn its claims rather than face the verdict of the court in a patent dispute.
Antivirus provider Kaspersky Lab has released data showing that there are more than 4 million attempts by minors to access pornographic Web sites each day.
Forget spam and phishing as you once knew it: the new breed of cyber criminals are shifting their operations to fertile new fields, including mobile phones, online gaming and Web 2.0. These are the chief threats facing consumers today, and it's peril...
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 3 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 4 Panasonic Viera DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review
- 5 Parrot Mambo Drone review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Star Wars Death Star Bluetooth levitating rotating speaker review
- Smartwatches wear out their welcome with Motorola
- The mysteries of the GPU in Apple's iPhone 7 are unlocked
- Apple reportedly betting on drones and indoor data to make Maps better
- Apple now takes your old Apple Watch for free recycling
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- Best phone of the year 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTChief Security Officer l CISSP l ISO27001NSW
- FTFront End DeveloperVIC
- FTSenior Front End DeveloperNSW
- FTSenior Network EngineerSA
- TPSharePoint ConsultantACT
- CCUI DeveloperACT
- FTAGILE Implementation ManagerNSW
- CCHadoop DeveloperVIC
- FTServicing Financial Planner - CBDVIC
- FTDatabase Administration Team LeaderQLD
- CCSystem EngineerNSW
- FTWeb Developer/ DesignerWA
- FTSoftware DeveloperQLD
- CCCloud Automation EngineerACT
- TPSenior Project AnalystNSW
- FTDesktop Delivery Team LeaderQLD
- CCEmail Production SpecialistQLD
- TPChange ManagerQLD
- FTEnterprise Account ManagerVIC
- FTJava / API DeveloperVIC
- FTDesktop Support EngineerNSW
- TPFrontend DeveloperNSW
- TPSolution ArchitectQLD
- CCAngular DeveloperNSW
- CCExecutive AssistantACT