Michael Copps, the swing vote at the U.S. Federal Communications Commission for a set of network neutrality rules, said Monday he will vote for the proposal.
Draft legislation from the U.S. Congress would create a new network neutrality law but would prohibit the U.S. Federal Communications Commission from making its own rules prohibiting broadband providers from selectively slowing Web traffic.
The U.S. Federal Communications Commission has voted to open up unused spectrum in the television band to unlicensed wireless broadband devices, a move that will give U.S. residents access to "super Wi-Fi," the agency's chairman said.
Google and Verizon Communications have released a proposal that would give the U.S. Federal Communications Commission limited power to enforce network neutrality rules, including levying fines up to US$2 million for violations by broadband providers.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 2 Mazda MX-5 (2016) review: Absolute driving purity
- 3 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 4 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- nbn on track to meet its financial year plan: Bill Morrow
- Roving Rachel's best crowd-funded travel products that are online right now
- Foxtel, Village and ISPs yet to agree on the cost of blocking pirate sites
- Why Microsoft won't extend the Windows 10 free upgrade offer
- Samsung's Raspberry Pi-like Artik 10 priced higher at $149.99
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCInfrastructure Assurance OfficerACT
- CCUAT Test AnalystWA
- FTSystem testersACT
- CCProject ManagerQLD
- CCProgram Support CoordinatorQLD
- CCSenior Analyst, Applications - GDWVIC
- CCRemedy AdministratorNSW
- FTSupplier Relationship ManagerVIC
- CCProject CoordinatorVIC
- CCProject Coordinator (urgent) - Digital - Blue chip companyNSW
- FT.Net Junior DeveloperNSW
- FTAndroid DeveloperNSW
- CCL3 - Network Design and Support EngineerNSW
- CCSenior DevOps ConsultantVIC
- FTBusiness AnalystACT
- CCAEM DeveloperVIC
- CCAccount Manager - Software Solutions - Global IT CompanyNSW
- CCService Desk OperatorACT
- CCContract Snr IT Assistant (IT Operation/UNIX) 160504/SITA/982Asia
- CCProject Support CoordinatorQLD
- FTDeveloper - OSB/BPELNSW
- CCMS Biz Talk ConsultantNSW
- CCSenior AGILE Business AnalystNSW
- CCBusiness Data AnalystVIC
- CCLead Administrator - Network and SecurityNSW