Michael Copps, the swing vote at the U.S. Federal Communications Commission for a set of network neutrality rules, said Monday he will vote for the proposal.
Draft legislation from the U.S. Congress would create a new network neutrality law but would prohibit the U.S. Federal Communications Commission from making its own rules prohibiting broadband providers from selectively slowing Web traffic.
The U.S. Federal Communications Commission has voted to open up unused spectrum in the television band to unlicensed wireless broadband devices, a move that will give U.S. residents access to "super Wi-Fi," the agency's chairman said.
Google and Verizon Communications have released a proposal that would give the U.S. Federal Communications Commission limited power to enforce network neutrality rules, including levying fines up to US$2 million for violations by broadband providers.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Star Wars Death Star Bluetooth levitating rotating speaker review
- 2 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 3 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 4 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Why Linux users should worry about malware and what they can do about it
- A new Microsoft foldable device patent offers more grist for the Surface phone rumor mill
- Epson FastFoto FF-640 review: Quick, convenient photo scans don’t come cheap
- EZVIZ Husky review: This weatherproof camera gives you an eye on the outside of your home
- Reality check: How Windows 10's new privacy controls stack up
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTBrand Marketing Manager - Premium Entertainment BrandNSW
- FTTechnical Consultant MS Dynamics AXSA
- CCFIS Connex Developer (Brisbane Based)VIC
- FTTechnical Consultant MS Dynamics AXWA
- CCMid-level Java Developer / Programmer (Contract) Finance CBDNSW
- FTConsulting Solution/Integration ArchitectVIC
- CCSenior Murex DeveloperVIC
- CCICT Contracts ManagerSA
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Finance ConsultantWA
- FTSenior System AdministratorVIC
- FTSoftware EngineerSA
- CCMaster Planner /SchedulerQLD
- FTFull Stack Web Developer - UI/UX - .NET or JAVANSW
- CCWebMethod DeveloperQLD
- CCSenior Full-stack .Net DeveloperNSW
- CCFront End DeveloperNSW
- FTCheckpoint Firewall and VPNNSW
- CCDigital Business Analyst - Apps DevelopmentNSW
- CCTechnical Business Analyst-DevOpsNSW
- TPChange ManagerNSW
- FTTechnical Account ManagerACT
- CCBusiness Project ManagerNSW
- FTInfrastructure ConsultantQLD
- FTProject Delivery Manager | PortfolioQLD
- FTIT Field EngineerNSW