A group of U.S. lawmakers has reintroduced a bill aimed at limiting the ability of so-called patent trolls to file abusive patent infringement lawsuits.
An abstract idea is not patentable simply because it is tied to a computer system, the U.S. Supreme Court has ruled, potentially making it more difficult to patent some software in the future.
The U.S. Supreme Court could wipe out a whole swath of software and business-method patents if justices invalidate four electronic-trading patents, an attorney for patent-owner Alice said.
The U.S. Congress should take action to slow a skyrocketing number of "deceptive" patent infringement demand letters sent from patent licensing firms to small businesses, witnesses told a Senate committee.
New patent reform legislation introduced in the U.S. House of Representatives Wednesday aims to make it more difficult for so-called patent trolls to file infringement lawsuits.
With 2013 coming to an end, we took our annual look back at quotes from news stories over the last 12 months. Here are a handful that stuck with us through the year:
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost review
- 2 Synology DS216+ Review
- 3 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 4 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 5 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- How to stop hackers from reaching your deleted files
- Six quick steps to start a Digital Detox
- How to upgrade to Windows 10: What you need to know
- Alphabet will work with more auto makers on self-driving cars
- Intel has quietly snuffed out its Project Tango smartphone as it rethinks augmented reality
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTSocial Media AssistantQLD
- CCHR Contractor Retail ProjectVIC
- CCCommunication LeadVIC
- FTSystems Applications ManagerACT
- FTPortfolio & Program Management ManagerVIC
- CCPortfolio ManagerVIC
- CCFrontend DevelopersQLD
- CCPMO ManagerVIC
- CCContract Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL/Web) 160719/P/741Asia
- CCBI Delivery Project ManagerVIC
- CCSAP FICO Consultant/SAP FICO Stream LeadNSW
- FTSAS Support SpecialistNSW
- FTJDE DeveloperVIC
- FTIT Helpdesk (Microsoft)NSW
- CCCRM DeveloperACT
- CCLead Business AnalystNSW
- CCReport Business Analyst- BI, Oracle, SAP, TableauNSW
- FTPositive Vetted ICT positions - Defence intelligence and information securityACT
- FTMobility Test AnalystNSW
- CCProject Manager CCTVNSW
- CCDigital Project Manager, AgileNSW
- CCTechnical Specialist - EUCNSW
- CCCRM Technical Consultant / DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior Architect - CloudVIC
- FTBusiness Intelligence - Policy and Governance ManagerNSW