The U.S. Federal Communications Commission's new net neutrality rules could open the door to rate regulation and could drive some small broadband providers out of business, some Senate Republicans said Wednesday.
The 400-page net neutrality order released by the U.S. Federal Communications Commission includes a long legal defense of the commission's vote last month to reclassify broadband as a regulated telecommunications service.
Some Democratic senators want new laws that mandate security and privacy measures on the Internet of Things, as concern grows over personal data collected by connected devices.
The chairman of the U.S. Federal Communications Commission has no plans to release the text of his proposed net neutrality order before a scheduled commission vote on it later this month, despite a request from some Republican lawmakers to do so.
The chairman of the U.S. Federal Communications Commission should release his proposed net neutrality rules to the public before the commission votes in late February, three top Republican lawmakers said Friday.
Draft net neutrality legislation released Friday by Republican leaders in the U.S. Congress would prohibit broadband providers from blocking or selectively slowing legal Web content, but it would allow them to engage in "reasonable" network managemen...
Top Republicans in Congress plan to introduce legislation that they say will ensure net neutrality protections for Internet users and will spur U.S. economic growth.
The U.S. Federal Communications Commission should limit the amount of spectrum that giant mobile carriers AT&T and Verizon Communications are able to buy in an auction scheduled for mid-2015, some U.S. senators said Tuesday.
Two U.S. senators have introduced legislation that would permanently extend a current moratorium on Internet access taxes in the country.
The U.S. online advertising industry has not lived up to a promise to stop the online tracking of Internet users who ask advertisers to do so, a senior U.S. senator said Wednesday.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Star Wars Death Star Bluetooth levitating rotating speaker review
- 2 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 3 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 4 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft's vision for LinkedIn is about tying its business data into Office and other services
- Facebook's Year in Review for 2016 isn't just fun and games
- AMD's Radeon Software Crimson ReLive debuts with features galore
- Intel, Microsoft renew 'Wintel' partnership with Project Evo and VR specs for PCs
- New Windows 10 Insider Build allows you to shut down your PC with your voice
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- CCDigital Producer | 3 Month Contract roleNSW
- TPSenior Project Manager - Retail BankingNSW
- FTInfrastructure AnalystQLD
- FTBusiness Development ManagerQLD
- FTOperations Support Analyst (Business Process Improvement) Perm North SydneyNSW
- CCService Desk/Helpdesk ConsultantNSW
- FTService Desk Analyst / Security EngineerQLD
- FTSolutions Architect - Data Centre/ NetworkACT
- TPProject ManagerVIC
- FT2nd Line Engineer - CitrixVIC
- TPMicrosoft BI DeveloperWA
- TPNetwork EngineerVIC
- FTLevel 1/2 Service Desk AnalystQLD
- FTEnterprise Account ManagerNSW
- CCSenior Security Analyst | 6mth ContractVIC
- CCOnsite Level 2 Desktop SupportNSW
- CCTechnical Change Manager- Electrical Network EngineeringSA
- FTEnterprise ArchitectACT
- FTSenior Project Manager - Large Site relocation projectNSW
- FTBusiness Analyst (Payment Systems Project)QLD
- CCUI DesignerNSW
- FTDevelopment Manager / Engineering Manager - Canberra RoleACT
- FTNetwork EngineerSA
- CCSenior Windows Automation Specialist (Integration)VIC
- CCWeb Developer - Financial MarketsNSW