The U.S. Federal Communications Commission's new net neutrality rules could open the door to rate regulation and could drive some small broadband providers out of business, some Senate Republicans said Wednesday.
The 400-page net neutrality order released by the U.S. Federal Communications Commission includes a long legal defense of the commission's vote last month to reclassify broadband as a regulated telecommunications service.
Some Democratic senators want new laws that mandate security and privacy measures on the Internet of Things, as concern grows over personal data collected by connected devices.
The chairman of the U.S. Federal Communications Commission has no plans to release the text of his proposed net neutrality order before a scheduled commission vote on it later this month, despite a request from some Republican lawmakers to do so.
The chairman of the U.S. Federal Communications Commission should release his proposed net neutrality rules to the public before the commission votes in late February, three top Republican lawmakers said Friday.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 Mazda MX-5 (2016) review: Absolute driving purity
- 3 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 4 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Upgrading to SAP Hana? This new tool can help prepare your code
- The eyes have it: How one startup aims to change the future of VR
- Gaming on Linux, Steam machines set to soar with DirectX competitor Vulkan
- Google didn't abuse its position in Streetmap case, UK court rules
- New Chromebook won't break with 365-pound person standing on it
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTDigital Marketing Specialist | Media BuyerNSW
- CCSharePoint AdministratorACT
- FTWintel EngineerNSW
- CCEnterprise ArchitectNSW
- CCTechnical Business Analyst (Telecommunications) / Melb CBDVIC
- CCBusiness Analyst - CanberraNSW
- CCContract System Analyst (SQL/.net) 160205/SA/561Asia
- CCSenior Information Security SpecialistNSW
- CCApplication Support AnalystNSW
- CCData Migration SpecialistQLD
- FTTechnical Consultant - Audio VisualSA
- FTApplication Packaging & Deployments Team LeaderNSW
- FTIT Technical LeadVIC
- CCBusiness Analyst - Scrum/Pega SystemsNSW
- CCBilling Assistant / AdministrationACT
- CCBusiness AnalystACT
- FTLead Software Developer- Complex Tax & Superannuation SolutionsNSW
- CCSenior PMO Analyst / PMO LeadVIC
- CCJava Development EngineerNSW
- CCBusiness AnalystQLD
- FTTeam Lead ITIL- Permanent OpportunityVIC
- FTProject Support OfficerWA
- FT.NET DeveloperVIC
- CCSenior Wintel EngineerNSW
- CCRisk AnalystVIC