The U.S. Senate was deadlocked on Friday over whether to extend authorization for the National Security Agency's massive collection of domestic telephone records, with Majority Leader Mitch McConnell insisting the surveillance program should continue...
The U.S. House of Representatives has voted to rein in the National Security Agency's bulk collection of the country's telephone records, while allowing the agency to engage in more targeted surveillance.
Legislation intended to end the U.S. National Security Agency's bulk collection of domestic telephone records is drawing opposition from several unlikely sources, digital and civil rights groups.
A U.S. Congress committee has overwhelmingly approved legislation designed to stop the bulk collection of U.S. phone records by the National Security Agency.
A bipartisan group of U.S. lawmakers has reintroduced legislation aimed at ending the National Security Agency's bulk collection of telephone records across the country.
U.S. lawmakers got a report card on Friday: they've been graded by the Electronic Frontier Foundation and other groups on whether they are effectively reining in the National Security Agency's surveillance programs.
The U.S. House of Representatives has approved a bill that would limit the National Security Agency's bulk collection of domestic phone records, even as several civil liberties and tech groups withdrew their support after last-minute changes.
A U.S. House of Representatives committee has taken a major step toward outlawing the NSA's controversial bulk collection of telephone and other business records generated by U.S. residents.
Several U.S. lawmakers on Tuesday urged the nation's attorney general to curtail the National Security Agency's collection of overseas electronic communications, saying President Barack Obama's promise to revamp a surveillance program focused on U.S....
Proposals in Congress to end the National Security Agency's bulk collection of U.S. telephone records would compromise the agency's ability to find and track terrorists, representatives of the intelligence community said Monday.
A bipartisan group of more than 85 lawmakers has introduced legislation to end the U.S. National Security Agency's broad collection of U.S. telephone records by imposing new restrictions on who the agency can target.
The U.S. National Security Agency and Department of Justice exceeded their legal authority to conduct surveillance when collecting the telephone records of millions of U.S. residents, several U.S. lawmakers said Wednesday.
If U.S. law enforcement agencies agree to changes in electronic surveillance law to better protect the privacy of stored email and documents, they want several changes in return, including a requirement that email and cloud service providers hold ont...
The U.S. Congress may need to create stiffer penalties for criminal computer hacking to deter the growing number of attacks on U.S. government agencies and businesses, some lawmakers said Wednesday.
The U.S. House of Representatives Judiciary Committee has postponed further debate on the controversial Stop Online Piracy Act (SOPA) until after Congress' holiday break.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Star Wars Death Star Bluetooth levitating rotating speaker review
- 2 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 3 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 4 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft's vision for LinkedIn is about tying its business data into Office and other services
- Facebook's Year in Review for 2016 isn't just fun and games
- AMD's Radeon Software Crimson ReLive debuts with features galore
- Intel, Microsoft renew 'Wintel' partnership with Project Evo and VR specs for PCs
- New Windows 10 Insider Build allows you to shut down your PC with your voice
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTService Desk Team LeaderNSW
- CCService Desk Consultant - Must have baseline or NV1 clearanceNSW
- FTIOS Developer (Permanent) Finance CBDNSW
- FTInfrastructure EngineerQLD
- CCHFC Quality Assurance Delivery Specialist | 6 Month ContractVIC
- CCNetwork Support EngineerNSW
- CCWeb Optimisation AnalystNSW
- FTUX Design LeadNSW
- TPIT Document Writer And TrainerVIC
- TPProject Manager - Documentation RebrandQLD
- CCSenior Platform Developer/ArchitectNSW
- FTSEM / PPC SpecialistNSW
- FTPMO Lead/ ManagerVIC
- FTEngineering ManagerACT
- CCNetwork Security EngineerNSW
- FTPortal Project ManagerNSW
- CCIteration Manager / Scrum MasterQLD
- CCMainframe Developer (with ASP.NET)QLD
- CCSoftware Engineer - Submarine simulation and testingVIC
- TPSenior Engineer-UNIXVIC
- FTILSP ManagerNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst ( Finance/Banking)QLD
- FTDevelopment Manager / Engineering Manager - Canberra RoleACT
- TPProcess Business AnalystVIC
- CCProject Coordinator / Specialist / Analyst - Finance - Contract - Sydney CBDNSW