It shouldn't come as a shock that iOS 5 beta 6 has succumbed to jailbreaking. But unlike the usual speedy jailbreak action we're used to seeing (i.e. jailbreaks discovered within 24 hours), this one took nearly three days to figure out, which is a pr...
Sony has released a minor PS3 firmware update this week that provides "additional security features," according to a post on the PlayStation Blog. However, many in the PS3 hacking community say the new update is meant to counteract system jailbreakin...
Australia's Federal Court has extended a ban on a handful of local retailers selling or importing hardware - commonly known as 'mod chips' - that allows unauthorised software to run on Sony’s PlayStation 3.
In the four years since Sony's PlayStation 3 has been with us, it's never been hacked to play pirated games--until now, that is, if claims by hacker group PSJailbreak prove true.
Apple's well-documented control over the iPhone and apps took a major blow this week when the U.S. Library of Congress ruled that people who "jailbreak" phones to add non-Apple approved apps should be exempt from prosecution.
Jailbreaking--the process that enables you to install unauthorized-by-Apple third-party apps and additional features on your iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad--has been in a largely dormant state since the release of iOS 6. But it's back again.
At the heart of the fraught court battle between video gaming giant Sony and a clutch of tiny Australian technology retailers kicked off in Melbourne this month is a simple disparity between the philosophical way in which each views the PlayStation 3...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Motorola Moto X (2nd Gen) review: Raising the bar
- 2 Xiaomi Mi4 review: Xiaomi's best yet
- 3 Samsung Galaxy Note Edge review: Lightly flawed, Undeniably special
- 4 Sony Xperia Z3 review: The no-frills flagship
- 5 Samsung's Galaxy Alpha review: A peek into the Galaxy S6
Best Deals on GoodGearGuide
Latest News Articles
- Office for Android now widely available, with new Outlook apps in tow
- AllSeen IoT group acts to head off patent wars
- The Upload: Your tech news briefing for Thursday, January 29
- Intel wants to banish cables, connectors with new Broadwell chips
- Apple hits Samsung at home, where it hurts
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.