WASHINGTON - Xerox Corp., whose CEO Ursula Burns is advising President Obama on exports, last week told its product engineering employees that it is in outsourcing talks with India-based IT services firm HCL Technologies.
Twitter's CTO left the company last week and there's no move afoot to replace him.
This week's SAP Sapphire Now conference marked about a year since the company launched its HANA (High Performance Analytic Appliance) in-memory computing platform. Since then, SAP has done its best to keep HANA in the news, bringing products and part...
SAP will finish porting its ERP (enterprise resource planning) application to the Sybase Adaptive Server Enterprise (ASE) database later this year, giving customers now running Oracle and other platforms a lower-cost alternative, the company announce...
IBM is attempting to lure Oracle database and middleware customers to "move up" to its own software with a new series of enticements, the company announced Friday.
"I'm so done with alignment," declared the CIO pacing across the stage at our CIO Perspectives New York event a few weeks ago. "It's not even part of the conversation anymore. IT and the business are in this together. Period."
After two years of pay cuts and stagnating wages, IT salaries are once again on the rise, driven by demand for contract and permanent IT staff, according to IT staffing industry executives.
As organizations move more of their applications to the cloud, they might find themselves needing skills different from what their system administrators now possess, according to IT executive panel discussions on cloud computing on Wednesday.
You've just been promoted from senior IT engineer into management. Up to now, you've had the opportunity to complete many tasks and lead projects and groups. These experiences have taught you technical skills and given you a keen business sense. But ...
This vendor-written tech primer has been edited by Network World to eliminate product promotion, but readers should note it will likely favor the submitter's approach.
Several news services are reporting that the son of Eugene Kaspersky, founder of the Moscow-based security firm Kaspersky Labs, has been kidnapped for ransom in Russia.
I recently interviewed dozens of CIOs about their hiring concerns and was left amazed. Not by their revelations, but by their level of frustration.
Facebook is looking to hire 9,400 more employees in the next six years, according to reports.
Successful technology startups are usually keen to draw attention to their hot products, not to their internal use of IT. But companies such as Groupon, Box.net, Zendesk and SlideShare can offer CIOs lessons from what they've accomplished with limite...
Lawyers for the defence of Raj Rajaratnam, who is accused of inside trading on stocks including AMD, Intel and IBM, have rested their case in New York.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 2 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 3 Parrot Mambo Drone review
- 4 Evapolar USB air conditioner review
- 5 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft rescues disheveled lady Skypers with its TeleBeauty virtual makeup app
- Samsung releases super-high-capacity 8GB DRAM
- Mars lander goes silent, but scientists remain hopeful
- By 2020, you'll say more to a machine than to your spouse
- Google Keep adds app shortcuts, pinned messages in update
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- TV buying guide: What to look for when buying a TV in 2016
- Best iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus plans: Optus vs Telstra vs Vodafone vs Virgin
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- CCAcquisition Marketing Executive - B2BNSW
- FTHands-on Service Desk Team LeadNSW
- FTSenior Architect | Perl | Linux |MySQL | Infrastructure | TelecomNSW
- NSPython Developer (DevOps)NSW
- CCBusiness Analyst - Telecom ProjectNSW
- FTCustomer Solutions Engineer | Voice | Data | TelcoNSW
- CCeCommerce Project ManagerNSW
- CCE-Commerce - Senior Web DeveloperNSW
- FTOutbound TelesalesVIC
- FTTechnical Support Engineer | Cloud | Automation techsNSW
- CCDigital Solutions ManagerNSW
- FTSystems Engineer - Managed Service Provider - No two days are the sameNSW
- FTOutbound TelesalesVIC
- CCChange Manager - Telco projectsNSW
- FTData Governance Project Manager | 6 month ContractNSW
- CCADABAS Database Administrator - NV1 clearedACT
- FTLinux Systems AdministratorNZ
- CCHead of Digital (Technology Manager - Digital Transformations)NSW