If there's anything Cal Henderson knows about, it's scaling technology to keep up with extremely rapid growth.
Oracle has come under considerable fire over the years for its restrictive license terms and aggressive audit program, but it appears at least some change is on the way.
The U.K. Cabinet Office has reportedly asked government departments and agencies to try to find ways to end their reliance on Oracle software, but it's not clear that approach will really solve its problems.
Windows 10 was released to the public on Wednesday, and Microsoft is already encouraging enterprises to begin considering an update.
Good programmers are notoriously hard to find, but HackerRank thinks it has the answer. A fresh cash infusion suggests it may be on to something.
Microsoft's Windows Server 2003 has its Windows XP moment coming very soon, and that's bad news for IT leaders who have been dragging their feet.
Hewlett-Packard has given a glimpse of what the company's separation looks like from an internal IT perspective, and not surprisingly, there are some big numbers involved.
The writing's on the wall about the short supply of IPv4 addresses, and IPv6 has been around since 1999. Then why does the new protocol still make up just a fraction of the Internet?
A tool for nearly real-time management of clients like desktops, laptops and Windows tablets is now set to take on massive organizations that have millions of endpoints.
U.S. President Barack Obama has announced his intention to appoint VMware executive Tony Scott as federal CIO.
Work follows millions of people home every night, and Comcast Business wants to take that bittersweet reality to another level.
With mobile devices rapidly becoming the tools of choice for enterprise work, IBM wants to help IT departments make sure they can serve all users.
To attract workers in the competitive technology job market, remote connectivity service provider LogMeIn decided that a change of address was needed.
IT salaries will remain mostly stagnant in 2015, except for workers with highly coveted skill sets, according to a report tracking IT salaries and skills demand in the coming years.
The blame game between Oracle and the state of Oregon is going into overtime, even before their dueling lawsuits over the disastrous Cover Oregon health insurance exchange website make it into court.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost review
- 2 Synology DS216+ Review
- 3 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 4 Tech21 Evo Xplorer iPhone case review
- 5 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Linksys AC600 MU-MIMO WiFi review
- Hardcore Hardware: The CyberPower Pro Streaming I300 is made for Twitch stardom
- Only Apple Music subscribers will get to watch Apple's live music fest this year
- Here's how the Xbox One S stacks up to the original
- WiFi review: Does MU-MIMO currently make a difference?
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCContract Senior Web Developer (PHP/Drupal/JAVA) 160808/SWD/vtdAsia
- CCBackfill Support Engineer (Renewable 12-month Contract)Asia
- CCTest Environment ManagerNSW
- CCContract Programmer (JAVA/XML) 160818/P/872Asia
- FTFull Stack Application Developer - IoT projectsVIC
- CCChange Communications ManagerNSW
- CCProject Manager - Expense Management SystemVIC
- CCContract Junior Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160902/JP/709Asia
- CCEmail Production SpecialistNSW
- FTJava Tech Lead - Full StackNSW
- CCTest Analyst - Data MigrationACT
- CCFull stack Java Developer- NoSQL database, Amazon AWS productsNSW
- FTNational ICT Senior Technical Support EngineerACT
- CCTechnology Specialist Networks & SecurityVIC
- CCImplementation and Deployment ManagerNSW
- CCTechnical Business Analyst- BABOK,Infrastructure, Banking bkgndNSW
- FTRelease & Configuration Manager | Defence intelligence application | NV1 clearedACT
- CCSharePoint DeveloperACT
- CCProject Resource SpecialistVIC
- CCProgram Director, Cyber Security TransformationNSW
- CCiOS DeveloperVIC
- FTStorage EngineerSA
- CCSenior Android DeveloperVIC
- CCJava / J2ee ProgrammersACT
- CCSr. SQL Server DBANSW