A commanding 38 per cent share of all smartphone users in the US used Android-based devices in the three months ending in May, according to ComScore.
Microsoft is pitching its cloud-based Office 365 as a less costly alternative for IT budgets, assuming IT managers can find money in their budgets for a migration.
The first person ever appointed as the CIO of the US government, Vivek Kundra, is resigning after two and a half years on the job, the White House said Thursday.
The cutaway section of Hewlett-Packard's latest iteration of a prefabricated modular data center has a space-station-like feel to it.
With World IPV6 Day in full swing, the test flight of the Internet's new communications protocol is going smoothly.
IT departments, long criticized as being too slow in offering new technologies and services, may be facing a grassroots rebellion in many companies over cloud services.
Indian offshore giant Infosys is facing a federal grand jury probe over the use of B-1 visas by its workers, an inquiry that was touched off by a lawsuit filed by a U.S. employee of the company.
WASHINGTON - Xerox Corp., whose CEO Ursula Burns is advising President Obama on exports, last week told its product engineering employees that it is in outsourcing talks with India-based IT services firm HCL Technologies.
Professional social networking site LinkedIn went public today and immediately saw its share price and valuation surge.
Flash memory vendor SanDisk today agreed to acquire Pliant Technology, a maker of enterprise-class solid state drives, for about $327 million in cash.
Facebook may not have bought Skype, but the social networking company may still reap the benefits.
Microsoft's $8.5 billion acquisition of Skype could profoundly influence a set of collaboration and conferencing technologies called Unified Communications (UC) that have taken years to catch on, analysts said Thursday.
Microsoft CEO Steve Ballmer today promised that the company would continue to develop and support Skype on rival platforms.
Google's Android was the top smartphone operating system in the U.S. in the first quarter of 2011, overtaking the market share of Research in Motion's BlackBerry and keeping Apple's iPhone in the third position, according to ComScore.
Apple's iPhone is inching closer to Nokia's top spot in smartphones globally, according to first-quarter 2011 results reported by IDC on Thursday.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Star Wars Death Star Bluetooth levitating rotating speaker review
- 2 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 3 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 4 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Leaked Windows 10 build shows Microsoft filling a major content hole: Ebooks
- PCWorld's January Digital Edition: How AMD's Ryzen chip could change everything
- Twitter's Vine dies today, so download your videos pronto
- Nvidia's new Shield TV launches with HDR support, and connected home smarts on deck
- Why Linux users should worry about malware and what they can do about it
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTBrand Marketing Manager - Premium Entertainment BrandNSW
- CCNetwork Architect / Lead Network EngineerACT
- FTMedia Architect/LeadNSW
- FTIdentity Access + Security ConsultantSA
- TPProjects Planning ManagerQLD
- TPBusiness AnalystQLD
- CCBiztalk DeveloperACT
- PTVBA Analyst Programmer - Permanent / Part Time (3 days per week)QLD
- CCPeoplesoft SpecialistACT
- CCBiztalk DeveloperQLD
- FTTrading Systems EngineerNSW
- CCInfrastructure Architect - Migration Project -Hyper-V & VMWareNSW
- CCIT Solutions ArchitectQLD
- FTChange ManagerACT
- FTFront End DeveloperNSW
- CCLead DevOps Architect l AWS- Cloud- Linux- Puppet Ansible- JIRA-DatadogNSW
- FTSAP BW ConsultantACT
- FTLevel 3 Support ConsultantNSW
- TPBI Report Developer - SSRS SSIS SSASNSW
- FTDatacentre Solution ArchitectVIC
- TPJunior .Net DeveloperVIC
- CCIT Risk Specialist (Assurance) - TelcoVIC
- CCJunior Project ManagerQLD
- FTLevel 2 Service DeskNSW
- FTCloud Orchestration SpecialistVIC