A commanding 38 per cent share of all smartphone users in the US used Android-based devices in the three months ending in May, according to ComScore.
Microsoft is pitching its cloud-based Office 365 as a less costly alternative for IT budgets, assuming IT managers can find money in their budgets for a migration.
The first person ever appointed as the CIO of the US government, Vivek Kundra, is resigning after two and a half years on the job, the White House said Thursday.
The cutaway section of Hewlett-Packard's latest iteration of a prefabricated modular data center has a space-station-like feel to it.
With World IPV6 Day in full swing, the test flight of the Internet's new communications protocol is going smoothly.
IT departments, long criticized as being too slow in offering new technologies and services, may be facing a grassroots rebellion in many companies over cloud services.
Indian offshore giant Infosys is facing a federal grand jury probe over the use of B-1 visas by its workers, an inquiry that was touched off by a lawsuit filed by a U.S. employee of the company.
WASHINGTON - Xerox Corp., whose CEO Ursula Burns is advising President Obama on exports, last week told its product engineering employees that it is in outsourcing talks with India-based IT services firm HCL Technologies.
Professional social networking site LinkedIn went public today and immediately saw its share price and valuation surge.
Flash memory vendor SanDisk today agreed to acquire Pliant Technology, a maker of enterprise-class solid state drives, for about $327 million in cash.
Facebook may not have bought Skype, but the social networking company may still reap the benefits.
Microsoft's $8.5 billion acquisition of Skype could profoundly influence a set of collaboration and conferencing technologies called Unified Communications (UC) that have taken years to catch on, analysts said Thursday.
Microsoft CEO Steve Ballmer today promised that the company would continue to develop and support Skype on rival platforms.
Google's Android was the top smartphone operating system in the U.S. in the first quarter of 2011, overtaking the market share of Research in Motion's BlackBerry and keeping Apple's iPhone in the third position, according to ComScore.
Apple's iPhone is inching closer to Nokia's top spot in smartphones globally, according to first-quarter 2011 results reported by IDC on Thursday.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Mazda MX-5 (2016) review: Absolute driving purity
- 2 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 3 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 4 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
- 5 Microsoft Lumia 640 review: Honouring Nokia's legacy
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Kogan Mobile upgrades to 4G network
- Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- MIT uses 4D maps to help robot teams navigate moving obstacles
- A new AMD licensing deal could create more x86 rivals for Intel
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCSenior IT Business AnalystVIC
- CCSQL DeveloperVIC
- CCChange ManagerNSW
- FTTechnical Business Analyst - BINSW
- FTVendor Manager / Team Lead - ITIL / ITSMVIC
- CCAnalyst Programmer (JAVA/Windows Programming) 160422/AP/544Asia
- CCSharepoint DeveloperVIC
- CCSenior Implementation AnalystNSW
- CCData Management & Reporting Development OfficerSA
- CCMessaging EngineerNSW
- CCService DeskWA
- CCJava Developer (front end)WA
- FTManager; Enterprise ArchitectureNSW
- FTTechnical/Solutions ArchitectNSW
- CCAnalyst Programmer (Lotus Notes/Networking) 160504/AP/781Asia
- CCSystem admin with SQL server experience | Defence-wide project | NV1 neededACT
- FTMs Dynamics Nav Support Analyst- Level 1/2WA
- FTTechnical Writer - Trading SystemsNSW
- CCICT Project Manager - Contact Centre/Telephony FocusNSW
- CCSiebel AnalystACT
- CCWindows Server EngineerNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst - master data managementACT
- FTDatabase Administrator / ArchitectNSW
- FTDesktop SupportNSW
- CCOnline Shop Operations Consultant (eCommerce)VIC