A commanding 38 per cent share of all smartphone users in the US used Android-based devices in the three months ending in May, according to ComScore.
Microsoft is pitching its cloud-based Office 365 as a less costly alternative for IT budgets, assuming IT managers can find money in their budgets for a migration.
The first person ever appointed as the CIO of the US government, Vivek Kundra, is resigning after two and a half years on the job, the White House said Thursday.
The cutaway section of Hewlett-Packard's latest iteration of a prefabricated modular data center has a space-station-like feel to it.
With World IPV6 Day in full swing, the test flight of the Internet's new communications protocol is going smoothly.
IT departments, long criticized as being too slow in offering new technologies and services, may be facing a grassroots rebellion in many companies over cloud services.
Indian offshore giant Infosys is facing a federal grand jury probe over the use of B-1 visas by its workers, an inquiry that was touched off by a lawsuit filed by a U.S. employee of the company.
WASHINGTON - Xerox Corp., whose CEO Ursula Burns is advising President Obama on exports, last week told its product engineering employees that it is in outsourcing talks with India-based IT services firm HCL Technologies.
Professional social networking site LinkedIn went public today and immediately saw its share price and valuation surge.
Flash memory vendor SanDisk today agreed to acquire Pliant Technology, a maker of enterprise-class solid state drives, for about $327 million in cash.
Facebook may not have bought Skype, but the social networking company may still reap the benefits.
Microsoft's $8.5 billion acquisition of Skype could profoundly influence a set of collaboration and conferencing technologies called Unified Communications (UC) that have taken years to catch on, analysts said Thursday.
Microsoft CEO Steve Ballmer today promised that the company would continue to develop and support Skype on rival platforms.
Google's Android was the top smartphone operating system in the U.S. in the first quarter of 2011, overtaking the market share of Research in Motion's BlackBerry and keeping Apple's iPhone in the third position, according to ComScore.
Apple's iPhone is inching closer to Nokia's top spot in smartphones globally, according to first-quarter 2011 results reported by IDC on Thursday.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 2 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 3 Parrot Mambo Drone review
- 4 Evapolar USB air conditioner review
- 5 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Gallipoli is now an amazing video game
- Battlefield 1 review: Familiar multiplayer wedded to a brilliant WWI campaign
- Microsoft rescues disheveled lady Skypers with its TeleBeauty virtual makeup app
- Samsung releases super-high-capacity 8GB DRAM
- Mars lander goes silent, but scientists remain hopeful
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- TV buying guide: What to look for when buying a TV in 2016
- Best iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus plans: Optus vs Telstra vs Vodafone vs Virgin
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTData Governance Project Manager | 6 month ContractNSW
- FTNetwork Support SpecialistACT
- CCSenior Developer - C++/Perl/PythonNSW
- CCQlikview DeveloperNSW
- CCTesting Capability LeadNSW
- CCAccounts Payable/Contract Officer- NSW Government backgroundNSW
- CCFunctional Consultant - MS Dynamics AXQLD
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst- (MQC, QTP, BPMN, Visio or System Architect;NSW
- CCBuild and Release ManagerNSW
- FTSenior Architect | Perl | Linux |MySQL | Infrastructure | TelecomNSW
- FTSenior .Net Software EngineerVIC
- CCIT Senior Systems Administrator- Server Patching RemediationNSW
- CCContract IT Assistant (UNIX/Windows) 161028/ITA/003Asia
- CCNetwork Designer/ConsultantVIC
- CCField EngineerVIC
- CCStrategy AnalystVIC
- CCMobile Developers (IOS and Android)QLD
- CCSystem & Network EngineerVIC
- CCUnix Project LeadNSW
- CCImplementation ManagerVIC
- CCNetwork Capacity PlannerVIC
- CCDigital Solutions ManagerNSW
- CCSAP Finance Business AnalystNSW