Samsung has built several different Galaxy S4 smartphones, including a U.S. version running a Snapdragon processor that requires an extra image processor to enable heavily promoted user functions such as eye-movement recognition.
The new Samsung Galaxy S4 smartphone with HSPA+ costs $US236 for materials, up 15 per cent from the equivalent Galaxy S III, according to a virtual teardown by IHS iSuppli.
For every person using 4G LTE now, there will be at least one more subscriber by the end of this year, IHS iSuppli says.
Apple may be able to build a cut-rate iPhone for $144, which would let it price the device between $299 and $349, hundreds less than the unsubsidized price tag of its flagship smartphone, an analyst said today.
Shipments of smartphones with screens 5 inches or larger will more than double this year, as consumers are increasingly attracted to the large screen sizes offered by the phones, according to a prediction from IHS iSuppli.
Microsoft makes more than $300 on each Surface RT tablet it sells, showing that the company has adopted the business model of its rival, Apple, analysts said.
A teardown of Apple's new iPad mini by IHS iSuppli reveals that each 16GB WiFi only model of the 7.9in tablets costs roughly $188 (£117) to build. This equates to a gross profit margin of approximately 43 per cent for Apple.
Apple will launch an LTE-capable handset just as soon as an affordable, thinner chipset solution is available, analyst house IHS iSuppli has said.
The price of DDR3 memory chips used in laptops, desktops and servers will drop over the next two months as memory companies try to clear out excess inventory in a slowing PC market, IT research firm IHS iSuppli reported on Aug. 29.
The price of DDR3 memory used in laptops, desktops and servers will drop over the next two months as memory companies try to clear out excess inventory in a slowing PC market, IHS iSuppli said on Monday.
Apple has surpassed HP and all other equipment manufacturers to become the world's largest consumer of semiconductor technology, largely because of the popularity of its mobile devices.
Apple will reap more than three-fourths of all mobile app store revenues generated this year, but rival Google's growth is climbing faster, a research analyst said yesterday.
If you think it's hard to get your hands on an Apple iPad 2 now, gird up your loins: It's likely to get harder.
The disaster in Japan may be a boost to worldwide semiconductor revenue, according to analysts.
No other disaster has hurt the worldwide computer chip industry more than last month's earthquake and tsunami in Japan, according to analysts.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 HTC One (M9) review: The weakest One in the trilogy
- 2 Google Nexus 9 review: The best of Google and HTC
- 3 Subaru WRX Premium CVT review: A wolf in sheep’s clothing
- 4 Oppo R5 review: Among the most innovative of smartphones
- 5 Apple Mac Mini review: A Macintosh that's easy on the wallet
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on GoodGearGuide
Latest News Articles
- Google cloud platform can now be managed from a phone
- IBM to pump US$3 billion into new IoT business unit
- EFF questions US government's software flaw disclosure policy
- Seagate Seven portable hard drive (500GB)
- US trade body to investigate Apple after Ericsson complaints
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTMarketing Executive | MusicNSW
- FTAgency Sales Manager - Software Sales - Major Global Tech Company!NSW
- CCSenior Systems EngineerNSW
- CCMobile Designer / Developer - IOSNSW
- FTCRM Campaign ManagerNSW
- CCSenior Release EngineerNSW
- FTMobile Sales managerNSW
- FTDigital Producer - ConsumerNSW
- FTDigital Producer - Mobile AppsNSW
- FTDigital Communications Specialist | Internet Services| BrisbaneNSW
- FTMedia Sales Executive - Client Side!!NSW
- FTProduct Producer | MobileNSW
- CCMobile Designer / Developer - IOSNSW
- FTApplication Support SpecialistNSW
- CC.Net Solution ArchitectNSW
- FTSales Manager - Seller AdvertisingNSW
- FTEmail Campaign Manager - leading fashion group!NSW
- CCDBA (Oracle/SQL)NSW
- FTSenior SQL DBANSW
- CCMobile iOS DeveloperNSW
- FT.Net Solution ArchitectNSW