Intel hopes to take hardware performance to the next level with its latest Xeon Phi supercomputing chip, which packs an array of new hardware technologies that could ultimately find their way to laptops and desktops.
Micron wants to shake up decades-old memory implementations with its Hybrid Memory Cube technology, which will be available as an alternative to DRAM modules starting in the first quarter next year.
Breaking from the cocoon of the iPhone 5S, 64-bit ARM processors will start delivering breakthrough performance in servers, aided by graphics cards used in some of the world's fastest computers.
Nvidia has cancelled plans to develop a 64-bit CPU processor for servers, three years after it said it would build such a chip.
Nvidia and Advanced Micro Devices on Monday announced high-performance graphics chips for supercomputers.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 3 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 4 Panasonic Viera DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review
- 5 Parrot Mambo Drone review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Star Wars Death Star Bluetooth levitating rotating speaker review
- Smartwatches wear out their welcome with Motorola
- The mysteries of the GPU in Apple's iPhone 7 are unlocked
- Apple reportedly betting on drones and indoor data to make Maps better
- Apple now takes your old Apple Watch for free recycling
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Best phone of the year 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTSenior Financial Planner - GeelongVIC
- CCProgress DeveloperQLD
- FTLevel 2/3 ConsultantNSW
- FTPrincipal Product Manager | Cloud | Managed ServicesNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst-Shared Service Contact Centre or Call CentreNSW
- CCDeployment Project EngineerNSW
- FTProject ManagerNSW
- TPProject Manager - SalesforceVIC
- FTSoftware DeveloperWA
- CCGIS ConsultantQLD
- TPSenior Business AnalystQLD
- CCSenior Platform Developer/ArchitectNSW
- FTJunior / Trainee Storage AdministratorNSW
- CCProject Manager :ApplicationsWA
- CCSales Support AssociateNSW
- FTInfrastructure EngineerQLD
- FTExperienced .NET DevelopersQLD
- CCIT Service Design Analyst- ITSMNSW
- FTSenior Security Advisor - CISSP - Permanent - Nth SydNSW
- CCProject Manager DW BINSW
- CCSenior Change Manager - Financial ServicesNSW
- FTProduct LeadVIC
- CCERP LeadWA
- FTFull Stack PHP DeveloperQLD
- CCSenior Windows Automation Specialist (Integration)NSW