Communications Minister, Senator Stephen Conroy, has denied Internet filtering is on the backburner and said the voluntary filter is on track for implementation by Optus, Telstra and iPrimus.
Optus has finally brought out a 1TB plan after its competitors kickstarted the terabyte trend.
Some of the first customers and ISPs to use the fledging National Broadband Network fibre rollout in Tasmania have praised the network in promotional videos distributed last week by NBN Co as part of the infrastructure's official launch.
Primus Telecom today revealed prices for its Tasmanian fibre-to-the-home (FTTH) services as part of the National Broadband Network (NBN). Customers residing at Midway Point, Smithton and Scottsdale in Tasmania can already order the new FTTH services ...
The bush will only get marginally better broadband despite the government's $250 million splurge to lay more fibre cable.
Will you ever realistically need a terabyte of data on your broadband plan each month? Australian ISPs iiNet, TPG and Primus seem to think so, as they all launched broadband plans last week that feature a terabyte of monthly data.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung's Galaxy Alpha review: A peek into the Galaxy S6
- 2 Samsung Galaxy Note 4 review: The busiest, biggest and best Samsung phablet
- 3 Aldi's $279 Bauhn Sphere review: Disappointing
- 4 Nokia Lumia 735 review: Perfectly ordinary
- 5 Bowers & Wilkins P5 (Series 2) review: For elegant sound
Best Deals on GoodGearGuide
Latest News Articles
- Why is Microsoft updating Windows PCs for a security bug on the server?
- Prices for 4K monitors sink below $500
- Apple's $450 million e-books settlement gets final approval
- Reports: EU taking first step towards breaking up Google
- US man sentenced for hacking POS systems at Subway
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTStudio Design ManagerVIC
- CCStrategic Partner ManagerNSW
- FTSEO Content ExecutiveVIC
- FTProgram Manager - Integration & SolutionsNSW
- FTMarketing Solutions ManagerNSW
- FTPartnership Manager - MediaNSW
- FTStudio Design ManagerVIC
- FTChief Information Officer - CSIROACT
- FTDigital Account ManagerNSW
- CCTech Support | IT Services Firm - Ad hoc Projects - Port Augusta / Whyalla AreaSA
- CCTech Support | IT Services Firm - Ad hoc Projects - Echuca AreaVIC
- FTAccount ExecutiveNSW
- CCWeb / Mobile Developer - Magento - HTML5, CSS - Excellent CMS SkillsNSW