There's a scary new piece of malware that collects call logs, phone-book contacts and other sensitive information from Apple iPhones and iPads. Should you be worried?
Several major national and international banks are planning to launch their own mobile payments apps next year.
Phones from Xiaomi still haven't arrived in the U.S., but the company's booming sales in China have been enough to make it the third largest smartphone vendor in the world.
The company behind CurrentC, an in-store mobile payment system backed by some of the biggest retailers in the U.S., attempted on Wednesday to play down a growing controversy over whether its backers could accept Apple Pay.
Facing claims that the company lifts too much from Apple, Chinese smartphone maker Xiaomi defended its design philosophy and said the whole industry is constantly innovating on the ideas of the competition.
Apple's new contactless payment system on the iPhone 6 saw 1 million activations in its first three days of use, pointing to an initially enthusiastic response from Apple users.
Apple CEO Tim Cook says bringing the recently launched Apple Pay system to China is his top priority for doing business the country.
Days after the launch of Apple Pay, Rite Aid has stopped accepting the payment system at 4,600 stores across the United States.
The launch this week of Apple Pay is giving many people their first taste of NFC payment technology, which allows them to buy things in a store by bringing an iPhone 6 close to a compatible terminal.
Some Bank of America customers have been double-charged for purchases made with Apple Pay, the payment system Apple launched on Monday.
Just after Apple's iCloud service faced a hacking attack from China, Apple CEO Tim Cook met with a Chinese official on Wednesday to discuss protecting users' privacy.
The first products from Apple's mobile enterprise partnership with IBM will roll out next month, according to Apple CEO Tim Cook, who said the partnership "could change the way people work."
Apple fans in Beijing lined up on Friday to get their hands on the company's newest iPhones, after waiting a month for the product to officially arrive in mainland China.
After trying to charge upward of US$2,000 for an iPhone 6, grey market dealers in China are slashing prices as Apple prepares to begin sales of the product in the country.
The outspoken CEO of Foxconn Technology Group, the maker of Apple's iPhone 6 Plus, is scoffing at the idea that the iPhone Plus has a problem with bending if left in a user's pocket too long, and said rivals were behind the controversy.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost review
- 2 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 3 Tech21 Evo Xplorer iPhone case review
- 4 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 5 Microsoft Lumia 640 review: Honouring Nokia's legacy
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Linksys AC600 MU-MIMO WiFi review
- Hardcore Hardware: The CyberPower Pro Streaming I300 is made for Twitch stardom
- Only Apple Music subscribers will get to watch Apple's live music fest this year
- Here's how the Xbox One S stacks up to the original
- WiFi review: Does MU-MIMO currently make a difference?
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCChange Communications ManagerNSW
- CCComms project specialistVIC
- CCCustomer Service SpecialistVIC
- FTSenior Business AnalystVIC
- CCSenior Technology Specialist - Back-end Java/JEENSW
- CCTest Analyst - Data MigrationACT
- CCAgile Business AnalystNSW
- FTOperations ManagerNSW
- FTSenior Full Stack .Net DeveloperNSW
- FTProject ManagerNSW
- CCProject Manager, Infrastructure Migration, AWS CloudNSW
- FTBusiness Development Manager | ICT intelligent systems integrationVIC
- CCStorage / Server EngineerNSW
- CCSenior Solutions Architect - SIEMVIC
- CCProgram SchedulerVIC
- CCDesktop Support AnalystNSW
- CCSenior IT Assistant (Office Automation/PC LAN) 160817/SITA/902Asia
- CCData Centre Solutions Architect - Red Hat, Wintel & VMware - CanberraACT
- FTMicrosoft Enterprise Project Management - Technical ConsultantACT
- CCSenior Business Analyst - TaxVIC
- FTClient Engagement ManagerVIC
- CCSenior Java DeveloperVIC
- CCLean Six Sigma Project ManagerVIC
- CCAsset Transfer Specialist | TelecommunicationVIC
- CCContract Programmer (JAVA/XML) 160818/P/872Asia