The huge popularity of the new iPhone 6 pushed Apple and Samsung closer than ever at the top of the market for smartphones, according to two companies that closely track shipments of the devices.
The iPhone 6 has sold so well that Apple tied with Samsung for the top position in the smartphone market in the fourth quarter, closing the gap with its South Korean competitor.
No more is it enough to think that securing your iPhone with a simple 4 digit PIN is adequate.
Apple beat out domestic and foreign competitors to become the top phone vendor in China in the final quarter of 2014 - the first time it's led the Chinese market, according to Canalys, a company that tracks global smartphone sales.
Not everyone may like the big screen size of the iPhone 6 Plus, but users in China are flocking to the device, suggests new data.
2014 was a good year for Chinese smartphone brands, with vendors from the country catching up on Apple and stealing share from market leader Samsung Electronics.
Screen after screen, folder after folder, app after app, the iPhone has become the new enabler for the mobile hoarder. For the New Year, though, many iPhone addicts have vowed to break or at least temper this fixation. If you’re looking for a fresh s...
HTC continues to flex its photographic muscles with the Australian release of Re, a camera in the vein of a GoPro designed for the everyman. Re will go on sale today with a recommended retail price of $249.
Few have probably heard about Digione, but one of the Chinese company's latest products looks quite similar to the iPhone 6, and could potentially spark a patent dispute with Apple.
A day after China's Xiaomi said it wanted to become the world's number one smartphone vendor, an Apple executive weighed in and told the Chinese company to hold its horses.
Millions of Chinese will now be able to buy from Apple's App Store through the country's major domestic banking card provider, in a deal that could help the company squeeze even more revenue from one of its biggest markets.
Hours after Apple answered years of complaints by users and issued a tool to correct a bug in its routing of text messages, a federal judge in California ruled a lawsuit against the company over the issue can go ahead.
Security researchers have discovered a vulnerability in iPhones and iPads that allows attackers to install fake apps that take the place of legitimate ones.
Enterprise smartphone users were almost six times as likely to get an iPhone 6 as the larger Plus model, according to data from enterprise mobility vendor Good Technology.
Apple is at last offering a simple way for former iPhone users to receive text messages sent into limbo by the company's iMessage service.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 2 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 3 Parrot Mambo Drone review
- 4 Evapolar USB air conditioner review
- 5 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Gallipoli is now an amazing video game
- Battlefield 1 review: Familiar multiplayer wedded to a brilliant WWI campaign
- Microsoft rescues disheveled lady Skypers with its TeleBeauty virtual makeup app
- Samsung releases super-high-capacity 8GB DRAM
- Mars lander goes silent, but scientists remain hopeful
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- TV buying guide: What to look for when buying a TV in 2016
- Best iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus plans: Optus vs Telstra vs Vodafone vs Virgin
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTSenior Architect, Markets and ProductsNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (Java/J2EE/MyEclipse) 161007/AP/vmpAsia
- CCInfrastructure & Security Solution ArchitectVIC
- CCAcquisition Marketing Executive - B2BNSW
- FTProject ManagerSA
- FTSenior .Net Software EngineerVIC
- FTSalesforce Subject Matter ExpertNSW
- CCChange Manager - Telco projectsNSW
- FTBusiness Analyst - PIMAsia
- CCInformation Security Consultant - RSA ArcherNSW
- CCSAP Release & Deployment ManagerNSW
- CCContract IT Assistant (UNIX/Windows) 161028/ITA/003Asia
- CCAutomation Test AnalystNSW
- CCSAP GRC consultant with ABAP experience . Canberra LocationNSW
- PTService Management AnalystSA
- FTKronos AdministratorNSW
- FTProject Manager - FinanceNSW
- CCEnterprise ArchitectNSW
- FTTechnical Support Engineer | Cloud | Automation techsNSW
- CCContract Management SpecialistNSW
- CCSAP Finance Business AnalystNSW
- CC.Net DeveloperWA
- CCJava DeveloperNSW