They might lack sizzle, but the new iPhone SE and 9.7-inch iPad Pro fill important market niches.
“Hey Siri, give us a hint”
The iPhone 6s release date seems to be beyond doubt now. Apple is confidently believed to be releasing the new models on September 18 in tier-one countries. This will follow a launch date thought to be September 9...
Apple is cooking up such an iPhone upgrade path, with a wave of rumors warning the next iteration will be faster, thinner, and possibly even curvier than before.
I have spent 24 hours with the Apple Watch and I don’t hate it. Inherently I should; I hate all smartwatches because who knows what they do, or what they are supposed to do. But my hate is turning to indifference and I fear it could evolve further st...
Today marks the launch of Apple’s first wearable, simply called 'Watch'. Major apps are already available for download with reports claiming it is already part of an ecosystem 3000 apps strong. We’ve collated some of the best apps, from Australia and...
Microsoft may be pulling the Nokia brand from Australia, but the glorious company will leave an indelible legacy. Here's but a glimpse at ten just examples.
Apple’s iPhone 6 is being challenged by underdog Sony, which released the Xperia Z3 Compact this week in Australia. Both smartphones are crammed with the best technologies Apple and Sony have to offer, but the feature-set couldn’t be more different. ...
The long awaited Apple iPhone 6 went on sale today. The next generation smartphone is bigger, faster and better equipped than its predecessors. It brings many features to existing iPhone users, although most of them have long been enjoyed by its Andr...
Apple revealed iOS 8 will come with several improvements at its iPhone 6 launch event on 9 September. Revisions include a new health application, a multimedia savvy messaging application, an improved keyboard and added functionality to its ‘Photos’ g...
Phablets are all the buzz with the impending release of Apple's iPhone 6 Plus and Samsung's Galaxy Note 4. Earlier in August rival LG entered the space with its best smartphone yet, the G3. Comparison showdowns have never been this tight.
Pricing for Apple’s iPhone 6 and 6 Plus has been revealed ahead of the smartphones’ 19 September release. Picking the right plan can be confusing, which is why we’ve compiled this cheat sheet to help qualify the plans from Telstra, Vodafone, Optus an...
Updated: Sales for Apple’s iPhone 6 and 6 Plus have gone live with the big carriers finally announcing pricing. Incentives in the form of credits and extras are being offered to lure customers. Find out which plan best suits your needs here with this...
This may be anathema for someone in the business of writing about tech to say, but I'm not all that interested in iPhone rumors. Shipping products are what grab my attention, not unicorns and phantasms. The minute Tim Cook holds up the new device is ...
“Signature or PIN?” is a question people will no longer be asked when making a credit card purchase following the method's retirement on 1 August. In its place are savvy smartphones capable of tap-and-go payments. Major Australian banks investing in ...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Mazda MX-5 (2016) review: Absolute driving purity
- 2 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 3 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 4 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
- 5 Microsoft Lumia 640 review: Honouring Nokia's legacy
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Kogan Mobile upgrades to 4G network
- Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- MIT uses 4D maps to help robot teams navigate moving obstacles
- A new AMD licensing deal could create more x86 rivals for Intel
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCSenior Project Manager - HealthcareVIC
- CCApplication Migration ArchitectACT
- FTProduct Owner - MarketingNSW
- FTData AnalystNSW
- CCData Management & Reporting Development OfficerSA
- CCSenior Automation Tester - MicroservicesNSW
- CCLead Administrator - Network and SecurityNSW
- CCFront End DeveloperWA
- CCSolutions Architect - Network and InfrastructureNSW
- FTSupport AnalystQLD
- CCSales Development Executive - Flexible Working HoursNSW
- CCChange ManagerNSW
- FTDeveloper - OSB/BPELNSW
- FTGraduate IT Administration SupportVIC
- CCTransition Program ManagerNSW
- FTAGILE Training Manager/CoachNSW
- FTProduction ConsultantVIC
- CCAWS ArchitectNSW
- FTSupplier Relationship ManagerVIC
- FTDigital Project ManagerVIC
- CCMicrosoft Server EngineerWA
- CCE-Commerce - Senior Web Application DeveloperNSW
- CCJava Developer- 12 month contractNSW
- FTTechnical/Team Lead - .NetNSW
- CCFront End DeveloperVIC