Google will block an iPhone application that harnesses its Google Talk chat program to provide a free text-message service after too many users flocked to download it.
Amazon's release Wednesday of an e-book reader for Apple's iPhone and iPod Touch is a "huge" move and a "win-win" for everyone concerned, analysts said.
Heart patients will be able to check their electrocardiogram on an iPhone, using a new system demonstrated by Deutsche Telekom subsidiary T-Systems at the Cebit trade show in Hanover, Germany.
The iPhone may generally be considered a consumer device, but several vendors at the Cebit trade show this week are demonstrating applications and services to put the device more firmly in the business arena.
For a cool US$200, Android G1 users can buy at least one app that iPhone users can't: the "I am Richer" application.
IPhone users have short attention spans according Pinch Media's research that helps developers track the use of their iPhone applications.
A pair of iPhone developers who sell novelty applications that generate bodily function sound effects are squabbling over the phrase "pull my finger" in US federal court, documents filed last week show.
Amazon Web Services customers will soon have a pair of options for managing their systems from an Apple iPhone.
IBM/Lotus for the first time will provide users of the iPhone -- and other mobile devices that support ActiveSync -- with real-time access to their e-mail, calendars and contacts.
Microsoft's first-ever iPhone application is a slick photo viewer with a browsing capability that handles a large number of photos on a mobile device screen.
After an unexplained three-day delay, Google late Monday added voice capabilities to its search application for the iPhone.
Apple has closed a loophole that had let a rejected iPhone developer sell his application using a distribution channel meant for beta testing and enterprises.
Australian ISP Internode has added free access to iPhone services from its wireless hotspots.
More than a year after arriving on the mobile/wireless scene, Apple's iPhone remains the "it" phone -- the one to beat and the one companies in the mobile device industry compare themselves to.
Despite complaints from some users about iPhone 3G wireless connections, Apple continues to earn praise for its novel and expanding App Store, where consumers and business users alike can download applications for free or a small fee.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Ford Focus ST (2015) review: Absolutely mental styling, engine, handling
- 2 LG 65-inch UHD TV (65UF950T) review
- 3 Playing chicken with a Tesla Model S
- 4 Audi TT (2015) review: A smarter take on the sports coupe
- 5 Microsoft Lumia 640 review: Honouring Nokia's legacy
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Deals on Good Gear Guide
- Networking, Wireless & VoIP
Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Indian government orders ISPs to block 857 porn websites
- DNS server attacks begin using BIND software flaw
- Fake Apple iOS crash reports prove tricky to remove
- Quickflix halts trading ahead of acquisition
- Microsoft bests Google in patent case appeal
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCLead Generator - Software SolutionsNSW
- FTDesktop Engineering ManagerNSW
- CCMarketing Coordinator - World's largest search engine!NSW
- FTDevOps Consultant - Microsoft Experience - Digital ConsultancyVIC
- FTSenior Network EngineerNSW
- FTField EngineerNSW
- FTTechnical Sales Support Representative - The Worlds largest Search Engine!NSW
- FTBusiness Development Manager & Account ManagerVIC
- CCAccount Strategist | Sales Executive | Global Search EngineNSW