Google will block an iPhone application that harnesses its Google Talk chat program to provide a free text-message service after too many users flocked to download it.
Amazon's release Wednesday of an e-book reader for Apple's iPhone and iPod Touch is a "huge" move and a "win-win" for everyone concerned, analysts said.
Heart patients will be able to check their electrocardiogram on an iPhone, using a new system demonstrated by Deutsche Telekom subsidiary T-Systems at the Cebit trade show in Hanover, Germany.
The iPhone may generally be considered a consumer device, but several vendors at the Cebit trade show this week are demonstrating applications and services to put the device more firmly in the business arena.
For a cool US$200, Android G1 users can buy at least one app that iPhone users can't: the "I am Richer" application.
IPhone users have short attention spans according Pinch Media's research that helps developers track the use of their iPhone applications.
A pair of iPhone developers who sell novelty applications that generate bodily function sound effects are squabbling over the phrase "pull my finger" in US federal court, documents filed last week show.
Amazon Web Services customers will soon have a pair of options for managing their systems from an Apple iPhone.
IBM/Lotus for the first time will provide users of the iPhone -- and other mobile devices that support ActiveSync -- with real-time access to their e-mail, calendars and contacts.
Microsoft's first-ever iPhone application is a slick photo viewer with a browsing capability that handles a large number of photos on a mobile device screen.
After an unexplained three-day delay, Google late Monday added voice capabilities to its search application for the iPhone.
Apple has closed a loophole that had let a rejected iPhone developer sell his application using a distribution channel meant for beta testing and enterprises.
Australian ISP Internode has added free access to iPhone services from its wireless hotspots.
More than a year after arriving on the mobile/wireless scene, Apple's iPhone remains the "it" phone -- the one to beat and the one companies in the mobile device industry compare themselves to.
Despite complaints from some users about iPhone 3G wireless connections, Apple continues to earn praise for its novel and expanding App Store, where consumers and business users alike can download applications for free or a small fee.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost review
- 2 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 3 Tech21 Evo Xplorer iPhone case review
- 4 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 5 Microsoft Lumia 640 review: Honouring Nokia's legacy
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- The Top 6 TVs in 2016
- Laptops are about to get a whole lot faster
- After bias furor, Facebook replaces people with algorithms
- Ford, MIT use Bostonians’ cellphone location data for traffic planning
- Google Wallet will now automatically send money transfers straight to your bank account
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTIT Manager - Infrastructure Strategy and OperationsNSW
- CCABAP DeveloperVIC
- CCFull stack Java Developer- NoSQL database, Amazon AWS productsNSW
- CCSAP IS Retail Functional LeadVIC
- CCSolution Architect - POSVIC
- CCPMO AnalystNSW
- CCICT Contracts ManagerSA
- CCFront End DeveloperNSW
- CCComms project specialistVIC
- FTSenior Full Stack .Net DeveloperVIC
- CCTIBCO Support ConsultantsNSW
- FTData AnalystsWA
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- FTProject SchedulerSA
- CCSenior Change Analyst, WealthNSW
- CCPersonal AssistantVIC
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- CCSenior Security Specialist - McAfeeVIC
- CCBusiness Intelligence Business AnalystSA
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/MySQL) 160823/AP/172Asia
- FTOperations ManagerNSW
- CCCA Gen Model Management-Oracle RDBMS, Oracle Solaris, TTNNSW
- CCLinux EngineerVIC
- FTBusiness Intelligence Team LeadVIC
- CCSenior Process Analyst - WealthVIC