Google will block an iPhone application that harnesses its Google Talk chat program to provide a free text-message service after too many users flocked to download it.
Amazon's release Wednesday of an e-book reader for Apple's iPhone and iPod Touch is a "huge" move and a "win-win" for everyone concerned, analysts said.
Heart patients will be able to check their electrocardiogram on an iPhone, using a new system demonstrated by Deutsche Telekom subsidiary T-Systems at the Cebit trade show in Hanover, Germany.
The iPhone may generally be considered a consumer device, but several vendors at the Cebit trade show this week are demonstrating applications and services to put the device more firmly in the business arena.
For a cool US$200, Android G1 users can buy at least one app that iPhone users can't: the "I am Richer" application.
IPhone users have short attention spans according Pinch Media's research that helps developers track the use of their iPhone applications.
A pair of iPhone developers who sell novelty applications that generate bodily function sound effects are squabbling over the phrase "pull my finger" in US federal court, documents filed last week show.
Amazon Web Services customers will soon have a pair of options for managing their systems from an Apple iPhone.
IBM/Lotus for the first time will provide users of the iPhone -- and other mobile devices that support ActiveSync -- with real-time access to their e-mail, calendars and contacts.
Microsoft's first-ever iPhone application is a slick photo viewer with a browsing capability that handles a large number of photos on a mobile device screen.
After an unexplained three-day delay, Google late Monday added voice capabilities to its search application for the iPhone.
Apple has closed a loophole that had let a rejected iPhone developer sell his application using a distribution channel meant for beta testing and enterprises.
Australian ISP Internode has added free access to iPhone services from its wireless hotspots.
More than a year after arriving on the mobile/wireless scene, Apple's iPhone remains the "it" phone -- the one to beat and the one companies in the mobile device industry compare themselves to.
Despite complaints from some users about iPhone 3G wireless connections, Apple continues to earn praise for its novel and expanding App Store, where consumers and business users alike can download applications for free or a small fee.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 2 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 3 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 4 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
- 5 Microsoft Lumia 640 review: Honouring Nokia's legacy
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Seagate 8TB NAS drive: Review
- Seagate ST1000LX001 review
- Report: Microsoft could debut Xbox One game streaming stick and 'Xbox TV' at E3
- This sticker can wirelessly charge your smartphone or tablet
- Microsoft breaks own design rules in dupe-the-user Windows 10 upgrade tactic
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCProgram Communications SpecialistVIC
- CCDeemed Order Business SpecialistVIC
- CCSenior Service Desk ManagerNSW
- CCOracle Application Administrator - July startACT
- FTTechnical/Solutions ArchitectNSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst, Contributions TaxNSW
- CCDevOps EngineerNSW
- CCTechnology Team Lead / Senior Developer - JavaNSW
- FTAgile CoachNSW
- FTNV2 Defence Project Manager | Canberra | Major exciting White Paper projectsNSW
- FTTechnical WriterACT
- FTSenior Programmer (Data Engineering)NSW
- FTSenior Business Analysts - Payments or Disaster RecoveryVIC
- CCProject Manager NetworksNSW
- FTAzure ConsultantQLD
- CCIteration Manager/Agile Project ManagerNSW
- FTNetwork Engineer | Routing & switching | Design, implementation, L3 supportNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst, LifeNSW
- CCiOS Developer x 2NSW
- CCContract Systems Analyst (Linux/Orcale/MySQL) 160531/SA/253Asia
- CCSAP Hanna ConsultantNSW
- CCTechnical WriterACT
- CCContract Systems Analyst (JAVA/Oracle/Web) 160603/SA/871Asia
- CCAnalyst Programmer (Enterprise Java Beans/J2EE) 160601/AP/982Asia
- CCTIBCO Integration ConsultantVIC