Google will block an iPhone application that harnesses its Google Talk chat program to provide a free text-message service after too many users flocked to download it.
Amazon's release Wednesday of an e-book reader for Apple's iPhone and iPod Touch is a "huge" move and a "win-win" for everyone concerned, analysts said.
Heart patients will be able to check their electrocardiogram on an iPhone, using a new system demonstrated by Deutsche Telekom subsidiary T-Systems at the Cebit trade show in Hanover, Germany.
The iPhone may generally be considered a consumer device, but several vendors at the Cebit trade show this week are demonstrating applications and services to put the device more firmly in the business arena.
For a cool US$200, Android G1 users can buy at least one app that iPhone users can't: the "I am Richer" application.
IPhone users have short attention spans according Pinch Media's research that helps developers track the use of their iPhone applications.
A pair of iPhone developers who sell novelty applications that generate bodily function sound effects are squabbling over the phrase "pull my finger" in US federal court, documents filed last week show.
Amazon Web Services customers will soon have a pair of options for managing their systems from an Apple iPhone.
IBM/Lotus for the first time will provide users of the iPhone -- and other mobile devices that support ActiveSync -- with real-time access to their e-mail, calendars and contacts.
Microsoft's first-ever iPhone application is a slick photo viewer with a browsing capability that handles a large number of photos on a mobile device screen.
After an unexplained three-day delay, Google late Monday added voice capabilities to its search application for the iPhone.
Apple has closed a loophole that had let a rejected iPhone developer sell his application using a distribution channel meant for beta testing and enterprises.
Australian ISP Internode has added free access to iPhone services from its wireless hotspots.
More than a year after arriving on the mobile/wireless scene, Apple's iPhone remains the "it" phone -- the one to beat and the one companies in the mobile device industry compare themselves to.
Despite complaints from some users about iPhone 3G wireless connections, Apple continues to earn praise for its novel and expanding App Store, where consumers and business users alike can download applications for free or a small fee.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 Mazda MX-5 (2016) review: Absolute driving purity
- 3 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 4 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Upgrading to SAP Hana? This new tool can help prepare your code
- The eyes have it: How one startup aims to change the future of VR
- Gaming on Linux, Steam machines set to soar with DirectX competitor Vulkan
- Google didn't abuse its position in Streetmap case, UK court rules
- New Chromebook won't break with 365-pound person standing on it
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTDigital Marketing Specialist | Media BuyerNSW
- CCImplementation AnalystNSW
- CCJava Development Contract - MelbourneVIC
- CCSenior Business Analyst - NPPVIC
- FTApplication Support AnalystVIC
- CCiOS DeveloperNSW
- FTWeb Programmer/ DeveloperVIC
- CCIBM ESB Developer (Junior to mid level role)NSW
- CCSenior Information Security SpecialistNSW
- CCiOS Developer - New AppNSW
- CCSystem AdminVIC
- CCProject AdvisorNSW
- FTFront End Developer Required Working World Leading Digital TeamNSW
- FTSystems Administrator/Engineer | $60-90K package | ChatswoodNSW
- FTSoftware Developer - Ruby on RailsNSW
- CCBusiness AnalystACT
- CCPortfolio-Program SchedulerNSW
- CCSharepoint AdministratorVIC
- FTLead Software Developer- Complex Tax & Superannuation SolutionsNSW
- FTWintel EngineerNSW
- FTSenior Business Analyst - PEXASA
- CCProject Manager IT infrastructureACT
- FTOracle System Integration Engineer - CANBERRASA
- CCProject Manager, Network, FinanceNSW
- CCContract System Analyst (SQL/.net) 160205/SA/561Asia