While Apple's new in-app purchase feature for iPhones is being widely touted as an antipiracy measure, Apple's more overarching motive seems to be that of keeping the iPhone at the development forefront for the coolest new apps for mobile users.
Following Pizza Hut's announcement that it will launch an iPhone app and 3G mobile phone ordering service in Australia, the idea got us thinking: with a wealth of fast food vendors available in Australia, wouldn't you like to see your favourite food ...
GPS navigation using mobile phones, smartphones and even some personal media players is nothing new. Thanks to built-in GPS receivers and software, these devices can guide you to your destination using maps that are downloaded on the go or included o...
Much is being made of supposed improvements to Apple's App Store, but the approval of a music service called Spotify only raises more questions. And the recent approval of Loopt was a major step backward even Phil Schiller may be unable to fix.
iPhone development company OzPDA isn't particularly large; in fact, it only has a single employee. That hasn't stopped it from making it big on the App Store, however. Through its OzWeather utility, OzPDA has proved iPhone app developers can be succe...
Don't get me wrong- the App Store is incredible and unmatched. There truly is an app for just about everything on the iPhone.
Mogeneration describes itself as "Australia's leading iPhone development company," and its products' quality and reception certainly add some weight to the claim.
Bank deposits at ATM machines just became low-tech thanks to a fascinating and cool new application that will allow Apple iPhone users to photograph both sides of a check, then send the images via their iPhone to make a deposit.
Well, Apple's done it again. The company has censored yet another app from its precious App Store, this time because it contained "objectionable" words. The app in question: a dictionary.
Big Brother is a little late in arriving, having been expected by 1984 at the latest. But he has shown his face twice recently in the world of mobile technology: First, in the mass removal from Amazon Kindles of George Orwell's 1984 (oh, sweet irony)...
Star Trek's Mr. Spock is one of the most compelling characters in all of science fiction. The attributes that made him indispensible to the captain and crew of the U.S.S. Enterprise (not to mention to the lucrative Star Trek franchise) -- his stoic a...
It wasn't always obvious that applications would be as important to mobile users as the iPhone has helped them become. Or that they would be even more important for keeping competitors at bay.
Doom Resurrection is the latest instalment in the famous Doom series. In this iPhone-only game, id Software has created a rail-shooter with graphics unlike any we've seen from a game on this device before. This is your chance to fight your way throug...
Apple Inc. has an interesting pie-slicing problem coming as far as developers of iPhone (and iPod Touch) applications are concerned. All of those first- and second-generation iPhones run the same operating system -- the just-released iPhone OS 3.0 --...
Collect3 is one of the Australian iPhone developers that has found success on the App Store, but it isn't the only one. Victoria-based Firemint is the developer behind the extremely popular FlightControl game for the iPhone. GoodGearGuide.com.au spok...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 2 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 3 Parrot Mambo Drone review
- 4 Evapolar USB air conditioner review
- 5 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Gallipoli is now an amazing video game
- Battlefield 1 review: Familiar multiplayer wedded to a brilliant WWI campaign
- Microsoft rescues disheveled lady Skypers with its TeleBeauty virtual makeup app
- Samsung releases super-high-capacity 8GB DRAM
- Mars lander goes silent, but scientists remain hopeful
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- TV buying guide: What to look for when buying a TV in 2016
- Best iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus plans: Optus vs Telstra vs Vodafone vs Virgin
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTNetwork and Security Engineer - Checkpoint, Firewalls, VPNNSW
- FTEnterprise ArchitectNSW
- CCContract Systems Analyst (Oracle/Unix/WebLogic) 161020/SA/693Asia
- CCProject SchedulerVIC
- CCBuild and Release ManagerNSW
- CCSAP FIORIACT
- CCADABAS Database Administrator - NV1 clearedACT
- CCContract Junior Programmer (PC LAN Support) 161028/JP/203Asia
- CCDevOps EngineerNSW
- CCFront End Developer (UI) - 12 Month ContractNSW
- CCAcquisition Marketing Executive - B2BNSW
- FTLevel 2 Application SupportVIC
- FTJava Script, Frontend Developer- DynamoDB or MongoDBNSW
- FTSenior Commercial and Bid ManagerVIC
- FTSenior UX DesignerAsia
- CCContract Systems Analyst (SQL/Web) 161027/SA/842Asia
- CCInfrastructure Project Manager - Site MoveNSW
- CCIT Manager - ANZNSW
- CCContract Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 161018/P/911Asia
- CCICT Project Reporting Planning CoordinatorNSW
- CCSenior Siebel DeveloperACT
- CCSnr Business AnalystVIC
- CCNetwork Capacity PlannerVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (CISCO/IT Security) 161028/AP/142Asia
- CCBusiness Analyst- (MQC, QTP, BPMN, Visio or System Architect;NSW