While Apple's new in-app purchase feature for iPhones is being widely touted as an antipiracy measure, Apple's more overarching motive seems to be that of keeping the iPhone at the development forefront for the coolest new apps for mobile users.
Following Pizza Hut's announcement that it will launch an iPhone app and 3G mobile phone ordering service in Australia, the idea got us thinking: with a wealth of fast food vendors available in Australia, wouldn't you like to see your favourite food ...
GPS navigation using mobile phones, smartphones and even some personal media players is nothing new. Thanks to built-in GPS receivers and software, these devices can guide you to your destination using maps that are downloaded on the go or included o...
Much is being made of supposed improvements to Apple's App Store, but the approval of a music service called Spotify only raises more questions. And the recent approval of Loopt was a major step backward even Phil Schiller may be unable to fix.
iPhone development company OzPDA isn't particularly large; in fact, it only has a single employee. That hasn't stopped it from making it big on the App Store, however. Through its OzWeather utility, OzPDA has proved iPhone app developers can be succe...
Don't get me wrong- the App Store is incredible and unmatched. There truly is an app for just about everything on the iPhone.
Mogeneration describes itself as "Australia's leading iPhone development company," and its products' quality and reception certainly add some weight to the claim.
Bank deposits at ATM machines just became low-tech thanks to a fascinating and cool new application that will allow Apple iPhone users to photograph both sides of a check, then send the images via their iPhone to make a deposit.
Well, Apple's done it again. The company has censored yet another app from its precious App Store, this time because it contained "objectionable" words. The app in question: a dictionary.
Big Brother is a little late in arriving, having been expected by 1984 at the latest. But he has shown his face twice recently in the world of mobile technology: First, in the mass removal from Amazon Kindles of George Orwell's 1984 (oh, sweet irony)...
Star Trek's Mr. Spock is one of the most compelling characters in all of science fiction. The attributes that made him indispensible to the captain and crew of the U.S.S. Enterprise (not to mention to the lucrative Star Trek franchise) -- his stoic a...
It wasn't always obvious that applications would be as important to mobile users as the iPhone has helped them become. Or that they would be even more important for keeping competitors at bay.
Doom Resurrection is the latest instalment in the famous Doom series. In this iPhone-only game, id Software has created a rail-shooter with graphics unlike any we've seen from a game on this device before. This is your chance to fight your way throug...
Apple Inc. has an interesting pie-slicing problem coming as far as developers of iPhone (and iPod Touch) applications are concerned. All of those first- and second-generation iPhones run the same operating system -- the just-released iPhone OS 3.0 --...
Collect3 is one of the Australian iPhone developers that has found success on the App Store, but it isn't the only one. Victoria-based Firemint is the developer behind the extremely popular FlightControl game for the iPhone. GoodGearGuide.com.au spok...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Evapolar USB air conditioner review
- 2 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 3 LED Lenser P7R Professional Torch review
- 4 Aftershokz Wireless Trekz Titanium Bone Conduction Bluetooth Headphones review
- 5 Review: Periscope users rejoice with Feiyu’s G4 Plus 3-Axis Gimbal for Smartphone video
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Linksys EA9500 Max-Stream AC5400 MU-MIMO Gigabit router review
- Paris motor show turns on to electric cars
- Israeli startup says its new software would have prevented Tesla hack
- Microsoft moves Cortana and Bing into Microsoft Research to accelerate new features
- Google Maps for Android adds 'OK Google' voice, navigation commands and other search tricks
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCAcquisition Marketing Executive - B2BNSW
- CCSenior Infrastrcture Project ManagerACT
- FTOutbound TelesalesVIC
- FTJava DeveloperNSW
- FTScrum Master | High Profile FintechNSW
- FTAndroid DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst -Change and SAP ProcurementNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst with change management experienceACT
- CCSolution ArchitectQLD
- CCContract Web Developer (160915/WD/vmp)Asia
- CCIT Security ArchitectACT
- CCTechnical Architect/DesignerACT
- FTCarrier/ Industrial Network ConsultantsWA
- FTBusiness Development Manager | ICT intelligent systems integrationVIC
- CCLAN ConsultantWA
- CCSenior Project ManagerACT
- CCInfrastructure Project Manager - DCR ProjectNSW
- FTOutbound TelesalesVIC
- FTSenior Front End DeveloperNSW
- CCFull Stack Application Developer - IoT projectsVIC
- FTCertification and Accreditation Security ConsultantACT
- FTSenior PHP DeveloperNSW
- CCeCommerce Project ManagerNSW
- CCSoftware TesterACT
- FTOutbound TelesalesVIC