While Apple's new in-app purchase feature for iPhones is being widely touted as an antipiracy measure, Apple's more overarching motive seems to be that of keeping the iPhone at the development forefront for the coolest new apps for mobile users.
Following Pizza Hut's announcement that it will launch an iPhone app and 3G mobile phone ordering service in Australia, the idea got us thinking: with a wealth of fast food vendors available in Australia, wouldn't you like to see your favourite food ...
GPS navigation using mobile phones, smartphones and even some personal media players is nothing new. Thanks to built-in GPS receivers and software, these devices can guide you to your destination using maps that are downloaded on the go or included o...
Much is being made of supposed improvements to Apple's App Store, but the approval of a music service called Spotify only raises more questions. And the recent approval of Loopt was a major step backward even Phil Schiller may be unable to fix.
iPhone development company OzPDA isn't particularly large; in fact, it only has a single employee. That hasn't stopped it from making it big on the App Store, however. Through its OzWeather utility, OzPDA has proved iPhone app developers can be succe...
Don't get me wrong- the App Store is incredible and unmatched. There truly is an app for just about everything on the iPhone.
Mogeneration describes itself as "Australia's leading iPhone development company," and its products' quality and reception certainly add some weight to the claim.
Bank deposits at ATM machines just became low-tech thanks to a fascinating and cool new application that will allow Apple iPhone users to photograph both sides of a check, then send the images via their iPhone to make a deposit.
Well, Apple's done it again. The company has censored yet another app from its precious App Store, this time because it contained "objectionable" words. The app in question: a dictionary.
Big Brother is a little late in arriving, having been expected by 1984 at the latest. But he has shown his face twice recently in the world of mobile technology: First, in the mass removal from Amazon Kindles of George Orwell's 1984 (oh, sweet irony)...
Star Trek's Mr. Spock is one of the most compelling characters in all of science fiction. The attributes that made him indispensible to the captain and crew of the U.S.S. Enterprise (not to mention to the lucrative Star Trek franchise) -- his stoic a...
It wasn't always obvious that applications would be as important to mobile users as the iPhone has helped them become. Or that they would be even more important for keeping competitors at bay.
Doom Resurrection is the latest instalment in the famous Doom series. In this iPhone-only game, id Software has created a rail-shooter with graphics unlike any we've seen from a game on this device before. This is your chance to fight your way throug...
Apple Inc. has an interesting pie-slicing problem coming as far as developers of iPhone (and iPod Touch) applications are concerned. All of those first- and second-generation iPhones run the same operating system -- the just-released iPhone OS 3.0 --...
Collect3 is one of the Australian iPhone developers that has found success on the App Store, but it isn't the only one. Victoria-based Firemint is the developer behind the extremely popular FlightControl game for the iPhone. GoodGearGuide.com.au spok...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost review
- 2 Synology DS216+ Review
- 3 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 4 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 5 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Surprise! Nvidia reveals a new Pascal-powered Titan X and it looks like an utter monster
- Apple faces lawsuit over AppleCare refurbished devices not being new
- Intel experiments with 3D Xpoint as it ships out SSDs to testers
- Edward Snowden has developed an iPhone case meant to kill surveillance
- Tesla wants to end fossil fuel use, make self-driving cars 10X safer
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTSocial Media AssistantQLD
- FTMobility Test AnalystNSW
- CCGuidewire Developer - Policy Center 8NSW
- CCApplication Service TechnicianVIC
- FTSystems Administrator | Defence | NV1 / NV2 clearedACT
- FTBusiness Development ManagerVIC
- CCIP & Fixed Enablement SpecialistVIC
- CCUI/UX DesignerNSW
- FTMidrange Server Provision SMENSW
- CCFrontend DevelopersQLD
- CCSenior Contracts Officer/Procurement -Governmen BckgrndNSW
- CCInformatica DeveloperNSW
- CCContract IT Assistant (Lotus Notes/PC LAN) 160722/ITA/474Asia
- FTSenior Architect, Marketing and Campaign ManagementNSW
- CCSenior Process Analyst - Sydney CBDNSW
- FTDesktop Specialist - Application PackagingACT
- FTProject ManagerVIC
- CCInformation Management Project Manager (SAP BI)NSW
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- CCSenior Business Process Analyst, FinanceNSW
- FTAndroid Technical Lead (Work From Home 2-3 Days)NSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst with Product Management experienceVIC
- CCBusiness Analyst - End-User ComputingNSW
- FTSAS Support SpecialistNSW
- CCSenior Business Systems AnalystVIC