Apple's latest iPhone, the iPhone 4, has finally hit Aussie shores. But do you remember the days when it was cool to have an iPhone? Once upon a time the iPhone was the latest wow-factor gadget, a device so sought after that you could walk down the s...
There's no denying Apple hit the jackpot with its iPhone. The company has sold more than 85 million iPhone and iPod Touch devices worldwide since the original handset's launch in 2007, according to the latest IDC figures.
So far 2010 seems to be the year of Google Android. HTC has already flown the flag with its impressive flagship Desire smartphone, but Sony Ericsson's XPERIA X10 has also generated plenty of positive buzz.
Google's much-hyped Android operating system for mobile phones is clearly making a statement in 2010 -- headed by HTC's flagship Desire smartphone. The first Android smartphone available through Telstra, the HTC Desire is the best Android handset yet...
Between the harmless but cautionary Rickrolling worm and the much less friendly iPhone/Privacy. A worm that was able to access personal data without any indication, iPhone jailbreaking has been getting a lot of coverage lately- though not necessarily...
If you are buying your first smartphone, which should it be: Droid or the iPhone? Both are revolutionary devices, but which revolution is for you? It is not (yet) a coin toss.
There are only three days until Verizon joins the Android invasion. T-Mobile was first to embrace the open source Google operating system, but with the addition of Sprint, and now Verizon, Android is mounting a quiet revolution that could see it squa...
A major contender to the iPhone, Google's Droid smartphone, took center stage this week. With Verizon in its corner, Droid matches up well against reigning champ iPhone. Analysts were quick to size up Droid's advantages, assess its chances, and even ...
Several devices, from the BlackBerry Storm to the Palm Pre, have hit the market hoping to be an iPhone killer, but none of them have so far succeeded. And while it's unlikely the new Motorola Droid will knock the iPhone off its perch as the top consu...
Apple released the new iPhone 3GS with an updated bootrom, many reports claimed it rendered the handset "unhackable" or "jailbreak-proof."
Apple seems to have, for the moment, stopped experimenters from "jailbreaking" its most recent shipment of iPhone 3GS handsets. How long this situation will last is anyone's guess--Apple must hope it's forever.
While the Apple iPhone is known for its great simplicity, some apps drive users absolutely crazy. The problems stem largely from the poorly designed ways that certain apps manipulate the iPhone's touch features, as well as confusing button placement.
For potential smartphone users, one of the most important features of any phone is its keyboard. Apple's [[artnid:309345|iPhone|Review: Apple iPhone 3GS]] is best known for its excellent touch screen, but many BlackBerry users swear by a physical QWE...
Many iPhone customers have already decided to switch carriers, if AT&T wants to keep them the time to act is now. AT&T cannot wait until Verizon and others appear at its door.
TomTom's new GPS navigation application for the iPhone may sound appealing, but it's true cost and capabilities are still a mystery. The app costs $100 and allows the iPhone to function as a real-time navigation device that provides turn-by-turn dire...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost review
- 2 Synology DS216+ Review
- 3 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 4 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 5 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Should Netflix refund its geoblocked customers for their inconvenience?
- Windows 10's big Anniversary Update will hit phones the same time as PCs
- Hands-on with Pokémon Go: Catch 'em all by exploring the real world
- The Assembly hands-on: The future of VR is adventure games
- EC Technology Foldable Bluetooth Keyboard review: This Jorno clone can save you a few bucks
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCField Network Engineer - GSM Networks.VIC
- FTBusiness Analyst - Clinical SystemsSA
- CCContract System Analyst (Renewable Contract)Asia
- CCUser Experience AnalystACT
- FTMobility Developer x 2 - iOS and Android positions available!NSW
- CCSystems Engineer | Experimental military technology | NV1ACT
- CCLinux Systems AdministratorVIC
- FTTechnical Services ManagerACT
- CCScrum Master with Java development backgroundACT
- CCProject DirectorWA
- CCOracle iLearning Business AnalystNSW
- FTContent Manager - Migration projectNSW
- FTContract System SpecialistAsia
- FTSOE Engineer - End User ComputingQLD
- FTDatabase DeveloperACT
- CCEngineering Lead - InfrastructureVIC
- CCSharePoint DeveloperSA
- CCSenior Project Coordinator - Large Telco - URGENTNSW
- CCTest LeadNSW
- CCITSM ConsultantNSW
- FTBusiness Analyst - Toolset ReadinessNSW
- CCDynamics CRM DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior Change Manager, Financial ServicesNSW
- CCIT Helpdesk Support- Remedy ticketing systemNSW
- CCChange ManagerACT