Apple's latest iPhone, the iPhone 4, has finally hit Aussie shores. But do you remember the days when it was cool to have an iPhone? Once upon a time the iPhone was the latest wow-factor gadget, a device so sought after that you could walk down the s...
There's no denying Apple hit the jackpot with its iPhone. The company has sold more than 85 million iPhone and iPod Touch devices worldwide since the original handset's launch in 2007, according to the latest IDC figures.
So far 2010 seems to be the year of Google Android. HTC has already flown the flag with its impressive flagship Desire smartphone, but Sony Ericsson's XPERIA X10 has also generated plenty of positive buzz.
Google's much-hyped Android operating system for mobile phones is clearly making a statement in 2010 -- headed by HTC's flagship Desire smartphone. The first Android smartphone available through Telstra, the HTC Desire is the best Android handset yet...
Between the harmless but cautionary Rickrolling worm and the much less friendly iPhone/Privacy. A worm that was able to access personal data without any indication, iPhone jailbreaking has been getting a lot of coverage lately- though not necessarily...
If you are buying your first smartphone, which should it be: Droid or the iPhone? Both are revolutionary devices, but which revolution is for you? It is not (yet) a coin toss.
There are only three days until Verizon joins the Android invasion. T-Mobile was first to embrace the open source Google operating system, but with the addition of Sprint, and now Verizon, Android is mounting a quiet revolution that could see it squa...
A major contender to the iPhone, Google's Droid smartphone, took center stage this week. With Verizon in its corner, Droid matches up well against reigning champ iPhone. Analysts were quick to size up Droid's advantages, assess its chances, and even ...
Several devices, from the BlackBerry Storm to the Palm Pre, have hit the market hoping to be an iPhone killer, but none of them have so far succeeded. And while it's unlikely the new Motorola Droid will knock the iPhone off its perch as the top consu...
Apple released the new iPhone 3GS with an updated bootrom, many reports claimed it rendered the handset "unhackable" or "jailbreak-proof."
Apple seems to have, for the moment, stopped experimenters from "jailbreaking" its most recent shipment of iPhone 3GS handsets. How long this situation will last is anyone's guess--Apple must hope it's forever.
While the Apple iPhone is known for its great simplicity, some apps drive users absolutely crazy. The problems stem largely from the poorly designed ways that certain apps manipulate the iPhone's touch features, as well as confusing button placement.
For potential smartphone users, one of the most important features of any phone is its keyboard. Apple's [[artnid:309345|iPhone|Review: Apple iPhone 3GS]] is best known for its excellent touch screen, but many BlackBerry users swear by a physical QWE...
Many iPhone customers have already decided to switch carriers, if AT&T wants to keep them the time to act is now. AT&T cannot wait until Verizon and others appear at its door.
TomTom's new GPS navigation application for the iPhone may sound appealing, but it's true cost and capabilities are still a mystery. The app costs $100 and allows the iPhone to function as a real-time navigation device that provides turn-by-turn dire...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Mazda MX-5 (2016) review: Absolute driving purity
- 2 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 3 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 4 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
- 5 Microsoft Lumia 640 review: Honouring Nokia's legacy
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Kogan Mobile upgrades to 4G network
- Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- MIT uses 4D maps to help robot teams navigate moving obstacles
- A new AMD licensing deal could create more x86 rivals for Intel
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCEnvironment ManagerVIC
- CCSolution ArchitectACT
- CCBusiness AnalystACT
- FTData AnalystNSW
- CCSenior Implementation AnalystNSW
- CCICT Project Manager - Contact Centre/Telephony FocusNSW
- FTVendor Manager / Team Lead - ITIL / ITSMVIC
- FTSharePoint DeveloperSA
- FTSenior Revenue Systems Functional AnalystSA
- CCSenior Oracle DBA- Part time 20 hoursWA
- CCSenior Project Manager, Technology Upgrade & RefreshNSW
- CCSenior Front End / UI Developer (React.js / LESS / SASS)NSW
- CCAEM DeveloperVIC
- CCSystem admin with SQL server experience | Defence-wide project | NV1 neededACT
- CCMS Biz Talk ConsultantNSW
- CCInfra Project Manager-Data Center, Cloud, Storage, NetworkNSW
- FTSenior Project Manager - Payroll IntegrationVIC
- CCProject ManagerQLD
- FTDesktop SupportNSW
- CCPortfolio Manager - Customer Service SystemVIC
- CCSAP BASIS ConsultantVIC
- CCBusiness Analyst - ICT SecurityNSW
- FTAzure ArchitectQLD
- CCBusiness Analyst, Loyalty projectsNSW
- FTTechnology Risk ManagerNSW