The iPad mini is an exceptionally built tablet with a fantastic app library, but it's let down by a less than stellar display
Ion's iCade Arcade Cabinet is a trip down memory lane, but it's overpriced and doesn't work with all games
A tablet that fails to impress, as either a tablet or as an e-reader
Apple iPad 2 review: The iPad 2 is faster, thinner and lighter than its predecessor and now has dual cameras, but flaws remain
Although it was overshadowed by contemporary Nintendo and Sega consoles of the day, the TurboGrafx-16 nevertheless carved out a small place for itself in the hearts of hardcore gaming eclectics. Now it's back in emulated form on iOS. Can the TG-16 still deliver fun two decades later?
FIFA 11 on the iPad maintains the franchise's feel very well through its slightly strategic, and steadily paced action
The Just Mobile UpStand is a stylish lightweight aluminium desktop stand.
This "social magazine" iPad app works best when the reader-generated material is actually interesting
Phonics is a widely used method of teaching children to read, pronouncing letters and letter groups as they sound rather than the traditional "A", "B", "C", etc.
Phonics is a widely used method of teaching children to read, pronouncing letters and letter groups as they sound rather than the traditional 'A', 'B', 'C', etc.
The NetComm MyZone scores points for its stylish, compact design and ease of use, though its speed could be improved.
The iPad may not be as 'magical' as Apple would have you believe, but it remains a very entertaining device and is a nice look into the future of media consumption
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 Mazda MX-5 (2016) review: Absolute driving purity
- 3 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 4 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Modular cellphone kit can be used for IoT and wearables
- Now that AI has mastered 'Go,' are all our jobs next?
- Make a $40 Linux or Android PC with new Raspberry Pi 2 rival
- Researcher finds serious flaw in Chromium-based Avast SafeZone browser
- Dridex banking malware mysteriously hijacked to distribute antivirus program
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTOracle System Integration Engineer - CANBERRASA
- CCOracle Developer - 3 month contractSA
- FTWeb Programmer/ DeveloperVIC
- CCIT Solution Designer (SOA / Web-services)NSW
- CCMicrosoft Dynamics CRM DeveloperSA
- FTTeam Lead ITIL- Permanent OpportunityVIC
- FTProgram Test DirectorNSW
- CCObjective ECMS Technical ConsultantSA
- CCContract System Analyst (Network & System Mgt.) 160205/SA/561Asia
- FTJunior Project Manager | Permanent role in Canberra | NV1/2 clearedACT
- CCMid-level DevOps EngineerNSW
- FTFront End Developer Required Working World Leading Digital TeamNSW
- CCIteration ManagerVIC
- CCRecords Officer - CanberraACT
- FTAnalyst: Business Intelligence & AnalyticsVIC
- FTSenior Mobile Developer - IOSNSW
- CCAD and FIM EngineerNSW
- CCPortfolio-Program SchedulerNSW
- FTJava Full Stack Developer - MelbourneVIC
- CCInfrastructure ConsultantNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer 160120/AP/vvtAsia
- CCIT Hadoop DevelopersQLD
- CCLevel 2 Helpdesk, Service Support- Remedy or SAP backgroundNSW
- FTMobile Designer / Developer - IOSNSW
- CCProject Server Specialist / MS ProjectNSW