Apple’s iOS 4.3.4 PDF vulnerability fix issued Friday didn’t stymie jailbreakers for long -- a beta jailbreak tool for the mobile software update was released on Saturday.
Apple has amended its App Store policy in Taiwan, allowing customers to receive a refund within seven days of buying a product after a demand by Taipei's city government.
The scoop: TouchPad, by HP, about $500 (for 16GB; 32GB costs $600).
Research in Motion says its two-year-old BlackBerry App World has crossed the 1 billion app download mark and that a beta version of the app store upgrade is on the way.
The Commonwealth Bank today rolled out a suite of new mobile banking applications including NetBank for iPad and Android tablets, and a new CommBank mobile banking app for iPhone, Android and Windows Phone 7 smartphone platforms.
Amazon has updated its Cloud Player service to work with the iPad, hoping to reel in users of the Apple device before Apple launches its competing iCloud service later this year.
I know I am only 4 days into 30 Days With the iPad, but I am already developing a list of issues and annoyances. Let's take a look at some of the problems I have encountered so far with using the iPad as a Windows 7 notebook replacement.
You read last week's Backspin (you did, didn't you?) so you'll know it included a riposte from my old friend and verbal sparring partner, Winn Schwartau, to my April column "Curse you, users."
Despite its inevitable comparisons to the popular Apple iPad, Cisco's Cius is viewed more as another entry point into Cisco's collaboration ecosystem and less as the company's entry into tablet computing.
There is mounting speculation that a Facebook app for the iPad is imminent. Despite Mark Zuckerberg's assertion that the "iPad isn't mobile", the demand for a Facebook app, and the success of alternative Facebook apps for the iPad suggest that there ...
Further evidence that Apple is planning to increase the display resolution of the iPad 3 has emerged.
Microsoft has presented the Windows 8 user interface and displayed various devices on which the next version of Windows will run.
iPhones, iPads and other employee-owned mobile gear are the most risky devices that can be connected to corporate networks, according to a new survey by ISACA, an international user group devoted to providing benchmarks and guidance for technology be...
Businesses can now grant iPads safe remote access to files using new software designed to meet enterprise management and security concerns.
Component supply issues that left Apple unable to produce as many iPad 2 units as it had planned have reportedly eased.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 2 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 3 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 4 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
- 5 Microsoft Lumia 640 review: Honouring Nokia's legacy
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Synology DS216+ Review
- Microsoft dials back Windows 10 upgrades to 2X a year
- No more passwords with Google's Trust API
- Spotify takes on Apple and Google with family plan
- How to go back to Windows 7 or 8 after an unwanted Windows 10 upgrade
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCDevOps Software Configuration ManagerACT
- CCProgram Communications SpecialistVIC
- CCTechnical Digital Producer / Requirements EngineerNSW
- CCData Center ArchitectNSW
- CCNetwork Architect VoiceNSW
- CCService Desk ConsultantACT
- FTProduct OwnerNSW
- FTSenior Systems EngineerACT
- CCPEGA Developer / ConfigurerACT
- FTRelease Planning LeadVIC
- CCSolutions Architect - Enterprise ApplicationsNSW
- CCSnr Technology Analyst Disaster RecoveryVIC
- CCSoftware DevelopersACT
- CCDigital Project ManagerVIC
- CCSystems Engineer - NV2ACT
- CCTechnical Service LeadNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE) 160526/AP/506Asia
- CCNetwork Access Specialist - Telecommunications (Apply now)!!NSW
- CCProgram Business Implementation Director- HR Payroll, FINSW
- FTWeb DeveloperSA
- CCechnical Specialist ApplicationsACT
- CCAWS Developer/LeadNSW
- CCBusiness AnalystACT
- FTBusiness Systems AnalystNSW
- FTSenior Network Engineer - Australian Systems Integrator - Immediate interviewNSW