Apple has responded to criticism from human rights organisations about Siri's failure to understand queries about birth control and abortion.
Apple will sell 28 million iPhones in the December 2011 quarter according to analyst Mark Moskowitz of JP Morgan.
iOS grew its share of the global mobile operating system market to 24.2 percent in November, further stretching its advantage over Android.
Apple is seeking to stop Samsung Electronics selling the modified Galaxy Tab 10.1 that it released in Germany in an effort to dodge an earlier injunction obtained by Apple, a spokesman for the company said.
Acer expects to meet its target of shipping 250,000 to 300,000 ultrabooks in the fourth quarter, it said Wednesday, after struggling with declining PC sales this past year.
The Federal Court of Australia has today overturned the preliminary injunction against the Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 in Australia, paving the way for the banned tablet to be officially sold Down Under.
Hewlett-Packard, which recently discontinued its TouchPad tablets, took the top spot among tablet vendors behind Apple's iPad this year through October, according to research from NPD.
Christmas may be the season to be jolly, but if you're hoping for some brand-new iOS apps to lift your festive mood over the holidays then we're afraid you're in for a disappointment.
Samsung will have to wait until March next year to see if its attempt to get sales of the iPhone 4S banned in Australia is successful.
Android has surged ahead in the global smartphone market with more than half of all handsets sold worldwide in Q3 2011 running Google's mobile OS.
Apple is working on a smaller iPad and plans to increase the screen size of the next iPhone to 4 inches, according to a report.
Some users are claiming that iOS 5.0.1 hasn't fixed issues with battery life that it was supposed to remedy.
Apple will need new LED back-light solutions for the next-generation iPad if it increases the resolution of the display, according to reports from Apple's supply chain.
Apple became one of the world's most successful technology companies under Steve Jobs, and it remains to be seen whether new leader Tim Cook can sustain the company's market dominance and magic.
While the iPad continues to be a big success, the tablet market offers a harsher climate to vendors other than Apple -- and pricing strategies may be an important factor in their difficulties.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost review
- 2 Synology DS216+ Review
- 3 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 4 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 5 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Review: Surprise! The Oppo PM-2 planar magnetic headphones are some of the best you can buy
- IDG Pokémon Go bible
- The best Pokémon Go map grabs data directly from the Pokémon Go servers
- Apple reports second straight quarter of declining iPhone sales
- NTSB: Tesla in fatal crash was speeding with Autopilot on
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTSocial Media AssistantQLD
- FTPortfolio Project Governance AnalystNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (HTML/JAVA/UNIX) 160804/AP/172Asia
- CCTrainer - Windows 10 / Office 2016ACT
- FTFull stack (back end focus) Java Developer | Defence | NV1ACT
- FTBusiness Intelligence - Policy and Governance ManagerNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/Oracle) 160728/AP/623Asia
- CCUI/UX DeveloperVIC
- FTMobile DeveloperWA
- CCNetwork Engineer - NV2 ClearanceVIC
- CCProject Engineer -VIC
- FTDefence Network EngineerACT
- CCDatabase AdministratorNSW
- FTSAS Support SpecialistNSW
- CCPractice Lead - Java, FrontendVIC
- CCChange Analysts - multiple rolesNSW
- FTSAP Team LeadVIC
- CCSolutions ArchitectQLD
- CCField Engineer - POSTAS
- CCInfrastructure Project ManagerACT
- CCTest ManagerNSW
- CCSenior Systems AdministratorQLD
- FTProject Coordinator- NSW Government - reform BackgroundNSW
- CCSQL DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior Architect - CloudVIC