Apple has conveniently slipped up by revealing the new versions of its iPad online, one day ahead of the company’s scheduled launch event.
Australians can use the app Clipp to open, view, share and pay the bar tab or restaurant bill across 300 bars and pubs owned by the Australian Leisure and Hospitality (AHL) Group.
If you're looking to buy a used iPhone, iPad or iPod touch device, Apple is now offering an online tool to let you first check if it's been locked down by the previous owner, which could indicate that it was actually stolen or lost.
Apple has recommended to users of its new iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus smartphones to reinstall iOS 8 after an update Wednesday led to complaints of lost cellular service and functionality on the Touch ID fingerprint identity sensor.
The Bank of Melbourne has claimed a first by adding support for biometric technology within its mobile banking application.
Apple’s iPhone 6 and 6 Plus have been cracked opened and stripped by repair site iFixit, which has revealed key specifications and repairing gripes.
Box foresees a significant jump in usage of its iPad and iPhone app resulting from one of the new extensions Apple will launch with the new iOS 8.
Apple unveiled its first wearable last night, the Apple Watch, along with the iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus. Chief executive Tim Cook paid tribute to Steve Jobs during the presentation by paraphrasing his famous "one more thing."
The iOSphere is more and more certain it knows the details of the Apple iPhone 6, even though there is less and less to go on.
Apple has done well to insulate its iOS mobile operating system from many security issues, but a forthcoming demonstration shows it's far from perfect.
An open-source project has released the first free application for the iPhone that scrambles voice calls, which would thwart government surveillance or eavesdropping by hackers.
Apple users accessing Gmail on mobile devices could be at risk of having their data intercepted, a mobile security company said Thursday.
Mocana's Atlas platform is intended to make it easier for users to access enterprise apps from their smartphones without compromising security.
Payments software vendors, PayPal and Braintree, are giving Australian developers the chance to win a round trip to Silicon Valley to compete for $US100,000 against the world’s best as part of the global Battle Hack competition.
If Apple were to launch a 5.5-inch iPhone 6 later this year it would be beneficial to both the vendor and the wider ‘phablet’ market, according to Telsyte.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Subaru XV 2017 review
- 2 Samsung 2017 QLED Q7 TV: Full, in-depth review
- 3 Kogan Atlas UltraSlim Pro laptop: full, in-depth review
- 4 Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming 5 AMD Ryzen AM4 motherboard review
- 5 Kogan curved 4K UHD 55-inch LED LCD TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft reinstates My People for Windows 10, connecting you to your BFFs
- This overclocked EVGA GTX 1050 Ti costs less than reference models
- This week in games: Forza Horizon 3 gets Hot Wheels, Terry Crews gets a wild Old Spice PC
- Radeon owners rebel when AMD drivers stealth drop Quake Champions links on desktops
- Surface sales sag and Windows Phones fade, as Microsoft's hardware business takes a hit
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTTechnical ConsultantACT
- CCIT End to End UX Designer.VIC
- FTSenior Business AnalystNSW
- TPSolution ArchitectQLD
- FTAgile Scrum Master/TrainerNSW
- FTSenior Systems EngineerNSW
- FTCRM Technical Specialist (Oracle Eloqua)SA
- FTLead Salesforce ConsultantQLD
- CCDesktop Support/ Field Services EngineerQLD
- FTBI BA Consultant l Microstrategy, Business ObjectsNSW
- TPPMO LeadNSW
- FTHR Business Analyst / Performance Management SMENSW
- FTDrupal Developer - Senior or Mid levelQLD
- FTBusiness Development Manager IT HealthcareQLD
- FTGeospatial Data AnalystVIC
- FTContracts ManagerNSW
- FTTechnical WriterACT
- FTNV1 Cleared Software Engineer (Mid level) - Defence Projects - North Ryde areaNSW
- FTSolution Architect (Voice/DATA/Network)SA
- FTSolution Architect - Datacentre / StorageQLD
- FTSenior Solutions Architect - Network & Unified ComunicationsACT
- FTSecurity ConsultantVIC
- TPSenior .Net DeveloperQLD
- CCSenior Full-Stack Developer (Digital Transformation Project)QLD
- CCCitrix SpecialistACT